If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" OLED or QLED

Options
  • 22-12-2020 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm looking at replacing my current Sony 50W829B with a 65" OLED or QLED. My preference having seen both would be OLED but slightly concerned regarding glare / reflections as the room is  bright , however the Sony has been fine except on the brightest of summers days.

My current short list is as follows:

Sony KD65A8BU
    Sony 65XH9505
    Samsung QE65Q90T
    LG 65CX
    Phillips 65OLED805

Usage would be mostly Netflix/Amazon Prime/Sky Q/Sports with no gaming.

Any thoughts on which one might be the most suitable (or is there another alternative!).  Also will there be any sales coming on any of the above.

Thanks!

M

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MM3 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I'm looking at replacing my current Sony 50W829B with a 65" OLED or QLED. My preference having seen both would be OLED but slightly concerned regarding glare / reflections as the room is  bright , however the Sony has been fine except on the brightest of summers days.

Sony KD65A8BU
    Sony 65XH9505
    Samsung QE65Q90T
    LG 65CX
    Phillips 65OLED805

Any thoughts on which one might be the most suitable (or is there another alternative!).  Also will there be any sales coming on any of the above.

Thanks!

M

Hi MM3.

Thanks for the post.

Some very nice TV's on that little list :)

If it was me I would be going for either the Sony 65A8 priced at 2239 Euro delivered
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204688-sony-kd65a8bu-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Or the 65CX5 coming in at 2499 Euro (This one is currently out of stock and we are chasing an ETA with LG but nothing set in stone just yet).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204678-lg-oled65cx5lb-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

I use an LG OLED at home myself and its amazing!

You would be very happy with either of the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

Hi Lads,

Sony KD65A8BU
    Sony 65XH9505
    Samsung QE65Q90T
    LG 65CX
    Phillips 65OLED805

Thanks!

M

Hi MM3.

Thanks for the post.

If it was me I would be going for either the Sony 65A8 priced at 2239 Euro delivered
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204688-sony-kd65a8bu-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

Or the 65CX5 coming in at 2499 Euro (This one is currently out of stock and we are chasing an ETA with LG but nothing set in stone just yet).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204678-lg-oled65cx5lb-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response.

I had a look this morning at the 65XH9505 and it ticked all the boxes for me (I'm slightly nervous of OLED in a bright room) and seems like very good value vs the OLED's.  What is your best price on this delivered to Dublin?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Lads,

Sony KD65A8BU
    Sony 65XH9505
    Samsung QE65Q90T
    LG 65CX
    Phillips 65OLED805

Thanks!

M

Hi MM3.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response.

I had a look this morning at the 65XH9505 and it ticked all the boxes for me (I'm slightly nervous of OLED in a bright room) and seems like very good value vs the OLED's.  What is your best price on this delivered to Dublin?

Hey MM3.

The 9505 series are beautiful televisions.
    Only own side is that the 65XH9505 is showing as currently super low on stock and I would need to see if I can get one reserved for delivery.

The current price on them would be 1749 Euro delivered. This would also include our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204637-sony-kd65xh9505bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.