Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool Cork city

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

ofcork wrote: »
    Was open before covid struck see him leaving someone in on the quiet recently!!
    Ive seen that too, just knock on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I think from Geaney's/The Groves all the way down to Quinlans/The Constellation the only pub left is the Berehaven. Across Blackpool Bridge only The Bridge Inn remains as far as i know. Hally's is long gone.

Worked in Thomas Davis Street (Cronins, was a clean out, of druggies and travellers)
    Bounced in Derry long time without much hassle, clubs super pubs, but that little kip in Blackpool bate the lot, fighting each and every weekend,what a ****in dump alongside most of the clients

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Worked in Thomas Davis Street (Cronins, was a clean out, of druggies and travellers)
    Bounced in Derry long time without much hassle, clubs super pubs, but that little kip in Blackpool bate the lot, fighting each and every weekend,what a ****in dump alongside most of the clients

Which one was Cronin’s? I remember Desmonds alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yogmeister

Cronins was where brennan's and the afro bar I think was at one stage across from the Chinese under the flyover .It got demolished there recently.

yogmeister wrote: »
    Cronins was where brennan's and the afro bar I think was at one stage across from the Chinese under the flyover .It got demolished there recently.

Ah yes! I had my first underage pint in Brennan’s. They’re building apartments there now I think. Across from Anthony Looney’s gaff yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yogmeister

Ah yes! I had my first underage pint in Brennan’s. They’re building apartments there now I think. Across from Anthony Looney’s gaff yeah?

That's the one ,it was a wild spot back in the early 2000s .

The whole of Blackpool was. The bypass and shopping centre killed the village

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You can get a 3 bed in orchard court for 145k and there is zero takers. Tells ya everything you need to know

Brennans became Cronins

Brennans

• Advertisement

That's it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Afrobar was o learys way back known locally as chrissies.

rob316 wrote: »
    You can get a 3 bed in orchard court for 145k and there is zero takers. Tells ya everything you need to know

Parts of it is a ****e hole, Roma gypsies causing murder there between neighbours, and a few druggies also on board

Parts of it is a ****e hole, Roma gypsies causing murder there between neighbours, and a few druggies also on board

Big issue!!!!!!

Big issue!!!!!!

Vvv good, but in serious mode it is

Vvv good, but in serious mode it is

I know, just trying to bring a bit of happiness to some people when talking about the depressing topic that is that estate, when i worked in security we called them 'The Rainbow Brigade' They are no joke and are tolerated

Advertisement