Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling home for christmas

• 22-12-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So having a debate with myself about whether I should travel home for christmas to stay with family. I've gone out for dinner a couple of times in the last week and said I would take the chance but the numbers in Dublin are getting extremely high so I'm having second thoughts. I was supposed to stay with a sibling and go to my parents for dinner on Dec 25th but now I'm considering not going down at all. I've been relatively safe with mask wearing and keeping my contacts low but not sure its worth the risk to travel down just for a couple of days. The options I see now are follows

(i) Stay up in Dublin and not bother travelling down and see family again when everything has calmed down

(ii) Get a test tomorrow morning and hopefully get it back by thursday and travel down if I am not positive.

(iii)Get a test tomorrow but don't wait for the results and travel down anyway but stay just with my sibling and not visit my elderly parents.

Is it too much risk just to travel down for a few days?

I should mention one of the household I am supposed to stay with is waiting on their own test results and is sick with a flu so have to wait on their results as well before I would be able to stay with them..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Go with option one, it's safer all around especially since the place you're meant to be staying at is waiting for results as well. The results could come back negative which doesn't mean they are negative especially if they have symptoms as well.

2020 has been a mess, Xmas day is one day, treat yourself for the day off if you're going to be alone. It's not the worst thing to happen with what's going on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Not sure how you can say you've been keeping your contacts low when on the other hand you've been out to dinner multiple times in the last week.

I'd leave it simply for the fact you have to stay in a house hold with a dose of flu going around, even if it turns out that isn't covid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You've been out for dinner a couple of times in pubs/ restaurants in the last week.

Yup, stay home. Shouldn't have done that if you are planning on seeing family for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

No debate needed. Stay put.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I’m going to say to you what I can’t say to the family coming over to our place: Please stay home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

So... what option did you choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just travel. The odds of you having anything are tiny!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Thread locked as Christmas is come and gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement