Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of calling a UK mobile from Ireland Vodafone pay as you go mobile

Options
  • 22-12-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how much it costs to call a UK mobile from Ireland using my Irish Vodafone Pay As You Go mobile?

I've spent about 15 minutes looking on the Vodafone Ireland website, but all I can find are the costs for roaming when I am in the UK.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

tmh106 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know how much it costs to call a UK mobile from Ireland using my Irish Vodafone Pay As You Go mobile?

I've spent about 15 minutes looking on the Vodafone Ireland website, but all I can find are the costs for roaming when I am in the UK.

Thanks.

Took me about 3 seconds on Google

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/bill-pay-plans/international-rates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

3 seconds and you got the wrong plan.
    He is on PAYG.
    You linked to Bill Pay.

If you're going to be a smart ass at least get the right page.

The op couldn't get the right page because it does not exist.

http://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/international-rates/index.html

I highlighted it to Comreg.

paddy19 wrote: »
    3 seconds and you got the wrong plan.
    He is on PAYG.
    You linked to Bill Pay.

If you're going to be a smart ass at least get the right page.

The op couldn't get the right page because it does not exist.

http://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/international-rates/index.html

I highlighted it to Comreg.

Paddy from your tone I guess your having a bad day.. So I won't dwell on your comments.

The link I sent had both pay as you go and contract pricing. You just click on the country and you get both.

Paddy from your tone I guess your having a bad day.. So I won't dwell on your comments.

The link I sent had both pay as you go and contract pricing. You just click on the country and you get both.

Apologies got it wrong!

DOH :(

Heading said Bill Pay....

Weird way of putting PAYG under Bill Pay.
    I'd suggest that's why the op and myself missed it.

The link under tariffs does not work.

paddy19 wrote: »
    Apologies got it wrong!

DOH :(

Heading said Bill Pay....

Weird way of putting PAYG under Bill Pay.
    I'd suggest that's why the op and myself missed it.

The link under tariffs does not work.

All good, but you are definitely right on the other point, if you just go to their website its almost impossible to find the prices and this should not be the case. Not fair on consumers

• Advertisement

Complained to Comreg on this generic issue.

Got a standard spiel about I need to complain to Vodafone.

Irish regulators always to individualise every issue.

This is generic issue, any customer should be able to find what the tariffs they will are agreeing to pay.

Surely the regulator should have a complaints channel for generic issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Belated thanks to whomitconcerns and paddy19 - was down the country over Christmas with very limited internet access.

I did miss that PAYG prices were there alongside Bill Pay. Should have checked more carefully but was getting frustrated as after quite some time on Vodafone site I couldn't find what I thought was very fundamental information and should have been easier to find.

I notice that service providers (not just Vodafone) are very good at putting Sales/Marketing type information front and centre of their sites, but any information that does not support sales/marketing is more difficult to find.

Advertisement