Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.1% lows warezone

Options
  • 23-12-2020 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I posted this in reddit but would love some local input too

Please help

I have a ryzen3700x (probably the culprit)

32gb 3200Mhz ram

gigabyte x570 elite mb

gigabyte 3070 vision gfx card (formally a red devil 5700xt)

m.2 ssd

32inch 144Hz 1440 monitor

The issue is just as I ADS frames drop .1% lows drop to <10fps could be 3 fps AVG is 100+ 1 % looks good 80fps+ ish.....

Playing high, medium and low I still get the stutter.

Originally I taught it was the 5700xt so upgraded to the Nvidia card and to be fair I have 99% less crashes but .1% lows are shocking.

Question is what the hell could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

simonp1 wrote: »
    What's the make and model of your PSU?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

the_syco wrote: »
    What's the make and model of your PSU?
    Wow that was quick response thanks

its a EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looks like a decent PSU; wanted to ensure the stutters weren't cause by some POS OEM thing (have had that in the past).
    simonp1 wrote: »
    The issue is just as I ADS frames drop .1% lows drop to <10fps could be 3 fps AVG is 100+ 1 % looks good 80fps+ ish.....

Originally I taught it was the 5700xt so upgraded to the Nvidia card and to be fair I have 99% less crashes but .1% lows are shocking.
    What game are you playing when this happens, and would it happen at the same location in the game if you did that section again?

As it happens with the new & old card, I suppose it rules that out.

Install MSI Afterburner, and set it so that it logs the stats to a text file. Check if if the CPU or GPU heat or usage peaks to 100% when the stutter happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

What game are you playing when this happens, and would it happen at the same location in the game if you did that section again?

Spelling notwithstanding, I think the title of the original post mentions Warzone.
    Your questions and advice are sound. The massive drop in FPS sounds like something is overheating and throttling to allow cooling.

Hi LAds

Thanks for responses I'll try the logging in Afterburner and see what comes up, temps are normal really GPU tops out 73oC and CPU low 70 too.

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What game is it occuring or is it all FPS?

Its a known (fixable issue in a fair few games)

Edit Warzone I see that now in the thread title.

There is a memory cleaning app whose name escapes me, but its not your PC its the game and issues with windows.

App used to help with similiar issues in PUBG

Looks like a decent PSU; wanted to ensure the stutters weren't cause by some POS OEM thing (have had that in the past).

As it happens with the new & old card, I suppose it rules that out.

Install MSI Afterburner, and set it so that it logs the stats to a text file. Check if if the CPU or GPU heat or usage peaks to 100% when the stutter happens.

the_syco I did as you suggested and found the issue I had two separate vga cables going into the GFX I removed one and now steady 60fps .1% lows so no stutter.

Thanks a million for the help (Now I regret selling my red devil 5700xt lol)

Simon

Advertisement