Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat Rate Expenses - Chef

• 23-12-2020 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭

Inspired by the other thread, but something that has always confused me. If you are a chef or a waiter do you only get flat rate expenses if you're working in the hotel industry? What about a normal restaurant or cafe?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Emma2019 wrote: »
    Inspired by the other thread, but something that has always confused me. If you are a chef or a waiter do you only get flat rate expenses if you're working in the hotel industry? What about a normal restaurant or cafe?

Thanks!

Flat Rate Exps are determined upon agreement between Revenue and employee group reps. From Revenue "The amount of the deduction is agreed between Revenue and representatives of groups or classes of employees (usually trade union officials)".

The only place Chef is mentioned on the list of Flat Rate Exps is in the hotel industry. However, if you can demonstrate that you have had to incur expenses in order to perform your duties, and are directly related to the nature of your employment, you'd have no bother claiming the chef's Flat Rate Exps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭Emma2019

Interesting. Seems so unfair that two people doing the same job, just in slightly different locations would be treated differently.

On the expenses incurred would they not be Sch E expenses? Rather than flat rate? I thought flat rate didn't need to be receipted or evidenced that they actually incurred any costs?

Advertisement