Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Malcolm Brogdan for MIP?

23-7-4, 4th best record in East and numbers only getting better with Oladipo gone?

Good shout there's a massive price available for him. Matter of time till that 275/1 gets slashed surely so worse case scenario you'll be left with a decent cash out number. Barring injury he should only gain more momentum as the season progresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

Morrison J wrote: »
    Good shout there's a massive price available for him. Matter of time till that 275/1 gets slashed surely so worse case scenario you'll be left with a decent cash out number. Barring injury he should only gain more momentum as the season progresses.
    Tonight could set it up very nicely, a big game from him away to the Bucks.

Former team vs MVP, I just like him for an all-star and given his improvement, I think he just has to be considered.

Tonight could set it up very nicely, a big game from him away to the Bucks.

Former team vs MVP, I just like him for an all-star and given his improvement, I think he just has to be considered.

Hmmmm that played out better in my mind :o

Watched the Sixers-Hornets & Celtics-Kings games, both LaMelo & Haliburton looked great with the latter knocking down a great 3 late on.
    I like him alongside Fox but not sure it works long term.

Interested to see if LaMelo can hold on to the starting job. He should start but perhaps the Hornets should put Rozier in some decent spots in order to showcase his value before attempting to move him.

Expiring next year @17-18m, it’s not terrible given he’s a solid defender shooting 44% from deep on almost 8 attempts per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

All these GOAT, and 1v1 debates I see on Instagram and YouTube. Has there ever been a 1v1 match between 2 prominent players?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    All these GOAT, and 1v1 debates I see on Instagram and YouTube. Has there ever been a 1v1 match between 2 prominent players?

Ah it’s absolutely painful, the talking heads of YouTube and so forth.

Well MJ spanked OJ Mayo 1vs1 when Mayo was a hot prospect in HS attending one of MJ’s camps.

Im sure lots of it occurred during the DreamTeam era, the closest I can recall is Magic & Bird talking about playing 1 vs 1 during the filming of their converse commercials.

With the likes of YouTubers fighting NBA players and now MMA fighters, I’m sure we’ll see some Ex-NBA players facing off 1 vs 1 perhaps Drew League style stuff like a Jamal Crawford vs Joe Johnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There's some great 1v 1 winner stays on footage on YouTube from USA practices fi you look for it. And they're playing off the block, versus starting at free throw line - real purist stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

There's some great 1v 1 winner stays on footage on YouTube from USA practices fi you look for it. And they're playing off the block, versus starting at free throw line - real purist stuff.

I love those videos. Really made me appreciate Durant more, he's so automatic.

Coneygree wrote: »
    I love those videos. Really made me appreciate Durant more, he's so automatic.

They’ve become a staple of USA Basketball since the 90s, personally I prefer the actual coaching videos that get released.

Hakeems work with Dwight for example, compare the fluidity with how Hakeem moves in his 50s vs Dwight and you really see the gap

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKaoobM5D24&feature=youtu.be

Similarly Nash showing KD some of his moves, KD obviously able to do anything but I think these are the pieces where you really see the gaps between players

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=girh9t0pPPY&feature=youtu.be

*Youtube button doesn’t appear to be working but can follow link if interested

They’ve become a staple of USA Basketball since the 90s, personally I prefer the actual coaching videos that get released.

Hakeems work with Dwight for example, compare the fluidity with how Hakeem moves in his 50s vs Dwight and you really see the gap

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKaoobM5D24&feature=youtu.be

Similarly Nash showing KD some of his moves, KD obviously able to do anything but I think these are the pieces where you really see the gaps between players

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=girh9t0pPPY&feature=youtu.be

*Youtube button doesn’t appear to be working but can follow link if interested

And Dwight learned **** all from those sessions as he never used those moves! Compare that to the vids of Hakeem and LeBron and its clear LeBron is a student of the game.

And Dwight learned **** all from those sessions as he never used those moves! Compare that to the vids of Hakeem and LeBron and its clear LeBron is a student of the game.

Nail on the head, total immersion in learning. You see it this year very clearly in his 3pt shot, ability to gradually evolve is incredible.

If I pick someone to learn the intricacies of the game from it would be Tim Duncan, his mastering of the fundamentals is just on a different level.

• Advertisement

Speaking of the Spurs coaching staff, there was a super piece on Becky Hammon two weeks in TheAthletic.
    That Pop group including James Borrego seem to be the future of the NBA.

It only seems a matter of time before Becky Hammon is given a shot

https://theathletic.com/2333024/2021/01/20/becky-hammon-san-antonio-spurs-nba-coach/p

Christian Wood may be out for an extended period having injured the same ankle twice in 3 weeks.
    Blows MIP wide open

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Christian Wood may be out for an extended period having injured the same ankle twice in 3 weeks.
    Blows MIP wide open

Jerami Grant/Collin Sexton

pjohnson wrote: »
    Jerami Grant/Collin Sexton

Boucher/Brogdan/Brown/Randle all in the running too

Dwight was busy googling fart jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They may be defensively frail, but really enjoying watching the Knicks lately. Really nice flow about their offense. They need to work on their shot selections, especially their bench players, but can definitely see them making the playoffs this year.

They may be defensively frail, but really enjoying watching the Knicks lately. Really nice flow about their offense. They need to work on their shot selections, especially their bench players, but can definitely see them making the playoffs this year.

Who do you think has the highest ceiling? RJ?

D.Rose to the Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr & a 2nd round pick.
    Good playoff pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Who do you think has the highest ceiling? RJ?

Easily.

He's only 20, and doesn't look out of place in the NBA.

He still has a bit to learn. Bit too selfish at times, or doesn't always take in what's going on around him, but he's already good, and has high potential.

He'd be an asset to any team in the NBA right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Derrick Rose to New York. Was hoping the Clippers would pick him up as a playmaker :(

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Derrick Rose to New York. Was hoping the Clippers would pick him up as a playmaker :(

Especially with them being open about wanting to get rid of Beverley and Lou Williams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Especially with them being open about wanting to get rid of Beverley and Lou Williams.

Kyle Lowry would be excellent alongside Kawhi and Ibaka again ...he is the one I would go after if I was making decisions for the clippers

jk23 wrote: »
    Kyle Lowry would be excellent alongside Kawhi and Ibaka again ...he is the one I would go after if I was making decisions for the clippers

Unfortunately for them he makes $30+m a season..............so going to be pretty hard to match that even if you're willing to pay the tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Unfortunately for them he makes $30+m a season..............so going to be pretty hard to match that even if you're willing to pay the tax.

I was thinking that as well...they would have to include Zubac and Mfiondu Kabengele with Williams and Beverly to match the salaries according to some NBA articles today ..he could end up on the Heat as well

• Registered Users Posts: 38,126 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watching the Hornets for the first time this season and LaMelo Ball looks a player. 21 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds through three quarters.

• The Wizards commentary team is the worst in the NBA. Absolutely miserable, always ****ing cribbing.

• We (Bulls) are in desperate need of a PG.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Watching the Hornets for the first time this season and LaMelo Ball looks a player. 21 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds through three quarters.

Now that he's starting with Rozier back, the ROY race is effectively over.

I had a good look at him in recent weeks especially his shot, his lower body is way too noisy, flailing everywhere at times.
    He does this weird thing where he jumps his knees towards his chest, its most prevalent when he has time.

Lower body issues is Lonzo's biggest issue now too where he crunches himself into almost a C-shape on his follow through.
    Anyway, I think once Melo sorts that out and he continues to be able to score from everywhere with that floater, he'll be elite.

If not and people don't give his scoring respect, he'll end up as a better version of his bro.
    His FT rate is good so there is hope but I think unless he improves that shot and the floater holds, once the scouting reports on him are more robust, he'll get figured out a little more.

We (Bulls) are in desperate need of a PG.

Missed this, word is, you're getting Lonzo, congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm pretty sure LeBron said a few weeks ago he doesn't care about individual awards, but for a man that doesn't, he sure looks like hes pushing for an MVP.

No Davis last night either! I would have thought the resting would be the other way round!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement