Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Excuse the spelling, been drinking since noon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Corvo

So the regular season slog has ended and straight into the play-ins. Hoping the Wizards go through and we get an OKC reunion in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,103 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

3.00 am for the Warriors/Lakers game, would love to see it but no chance with work.

eagle eye wrote: »
    3.00 am for the Warriors/Lakers game, would love to see it but no chance with work.

I'll have to set an alarm. Last year I stayed up for all their games (whilst drinking) and I definitely knocked about 12 years off my life span.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Cant believe its playoff season! I find it hard to make any predictions this year since I genuinely think there are 8 or so contenders. Gun to my head I go with Clippers beating the 76ers in the finals.

Let's just hope it's close to as good as last years playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Hawks beat the Clippers in 6, CAAWWWWW!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

eagle eye wrote: »

This is one time when my insomnia and sleep apnea will be of advantage to me.

Gun to my head I'd pick the Bucks, better set up for playoffs this year than last. Just need Giannis to stay healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Another disappointing year for us (timberwolves) but some positives, curious I think Edwards should win roty but alot seem to think ball will get it, I think with the amount of games he missed he won't but alot of pundits picking him

• Registered Users Posts: 36,271 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LeBron downplayed his ankle after the game but it doesn’t look great to have him hurt again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I am going for the Lakers to beat the 76rs in the finals 4-2...still have the best player, best defence and most experience. Would love to see Utah or Bucks win it though...

Delighted we get a shot at beating the Lakers, obviously they are favorites but Warriors get after **** at them in a one off where anything can happen. Curry needs to hit around 40pts and Wiggins another 20 plus at least.
    I hope Wiggins gets the credit he deserves this year, his defense and work ethic have been excellent

jk23 wrote: »
    I am going for the Lakers to beat the 76rs in the finals 4-2...still have the best player, best defence and most experience. Would love to see Utah or Bucks win it though...

I'd have agreed before seeing how LeBron has come back. He is very obviously injured, and will not recover at all for this play-off run.

Lakers still being second favourites overall is horrific in my opinion. LeBron is clearly not right and won't be with a niggling injury like an ankle injury and Davis looks like his legs will cave in any minute and get injured too. It would be a miracle for them both to stay fully fit and also have playoff sharpness. They've both had very stop start seasons with very little momentum to go off of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Coneygree wrote: »
    Lakers still being second favourites overall is horrific in my opinion. LeBron is clearly not right and won't be with a niggling injury like an ankle injury and Davis looks like his legs will cave in any minute and get injured too. It would be a miracle for them both to stay fully fit and also have playoff sharpness. They've both had very stop start seasons with very little momentum to go off of.

The Lakers take up a huge chunk of the betting market, the bookies are carrying over liabilites from earlier in the season so that's partly the reason they are a shocking price. For similar reasons Lebron was favourite for MVP even after getting injured.

Gotta say I like the Bucks, look much better set up this year for a playoff run as long as Giannis can stay healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Ref smiling away too, hard to blame him!

I encourage everyone to watch Kwame Browns rant about Matt Barnes and all the smoke podcast, it hilarious.
    I actually like Barnes and listen to his podcast sometimes

I encourage everyone to watch Kwame Browns rant about Matt Barnes and all the smoke podcast, it hilarious.
    I actually like Barnes and listen to his podcast sometimes

He doesn't hold back :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

"Me and Kobe dropped 82 combined" is an all timer!

Really expected Wizards to beat Celtics, but Tatum just took over (combined with Beal being obviously injured)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So we're all in agreement that the Lakers losing would see the play-in tournament removed right? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,271 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

None of these teams matter, including the Lakers given their injuries.

But it's extra games where teams are trying. That's a good thing.

So we're all in agreement that the Lakers losing would see the play-in tournament removed right? :p

You might be joking but that’s actually a storyline in the US right now, esp from the pro-Lakers/LeBron journalists.

• Really looking forward to Blazers/Nuggies

You might be joking but that’s actually a storyline in the US right now, esp from the pro-Lakers/LeBron journalists.

It actually is a little, it’s hard to take it serious but it’s like when a famous person says something that one person finds offensive on Twitter but the news headline reads, “outrage at xyz comments” it may just be click bait but we also know how this goes. I heard LeBron say Curry should be MVP, that’s not a crazy statement but I wonder did he just say it because he will look great if they beat Warriors or will have an excuse if they lose, I find it hard to take anything he says as genuine these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really looking forward to Blazers/Nuggies

Blazers fan here but this is the most confident I've been for a series in years tbh, way more so than when we met in the second round 2 years ago. Blazers are actually going in mostly healthy and Denver have lost all their best guard defenders that shut Lillard down last time.

Additionally Portland's roster is just better now with Covington and Powell

It actually is a little, it’s hard to take it serious but it’s like when a famous person says something that one person finds offensive on Twitter but the news headline reads, “outrage at xyz comments” it may just be click bait but we also know how this goes. I heard LeBron say Curry should be MVP, that’s not a crazy statement but I wonder did he just say it because he will look great if they beat Warriors or will have an excuse if they lose, I find it hard to take anything he says as genuine these days.

Another LA/LeBron storyline was this would be the toughest title run ever if they win from here. Wtf?

Beat a much smaller GS and you’re playing PHX who you’re much bigger, stronger, and significantly bigger than. The Lakers are just a horrible matchup for GS and PHX. Then you play winners of Portland (again huge size advantage) and Denver (under strength) before you’re in the conf finals.

The Curry comment was purely designed for a win- win for LeBron - beat them and it’s like “i just beat the mvp”, lose and it’s “well I lost to the mvp”. Nothing he says isn’t calculated.

I’m a big Curry fan but they could play the Lakers (as both teams stand) 10 times and win twice. It’s just a horrible match up. Can’t see GS winning unless they (and Curry) shoot the lights out from 3 and Lakers have a bad day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Another LA/LeBron storyline was this would be the toughest title run ever if they win from here. Wtf?

Beat a much smaller GS and you’re playing PHX who you’re much bigger, stronger, and significantly bigger than. The Lakers are just a horrible matchup for GS and PHX. Then you play winners of Portland (again huge size advantage) and Denver (under strength) before you’re in the conf finals.

The Curry comment was purely designed for a win- win for LeBron - beat them and it’s like “i just beat the mvp”, lose and it’s “well I lost to the mvp”. Nothing he says isn’t calculated.

I’m a big Curry fan but they could play the Lakers (as both teams stand) 10 times and win twice. It’s just a horrible match up. Can’t see GS winning unless they (and Curry) shoot the lights out from 3 and Lakers have a bad day.

The warriors have only Wiggins and Green who can defend LeBron and Davis...then you factor the depth the Lakers have..just hope it will be close in the 4th for a bit of excitement...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement