Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,275 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It actually is a little, it’s hard to take it serious but it’s like when a famous person says something that one person finds offensive on Twitter but the news headline reads, “outrage at xyz comments” it may just be click bait but we also know how this goes. I heard LeBron say Curry should be MVP, that’s not a crazy statement but I wonder did he just say it because he will look great if they beat Warriors or will have an excuse if they lose, I find it hard to take anything he says as genuine these days.
    Another LA/LeBron storyline was this would be the toughest title run ever if they win from here. Wtf?

Beat a much smaller GS and you’re playing PHX who you’re much bigger, stronger, and significantly bigger than. The Lakers are just a horrible matchup for GS and PHX. Then you play winners of Portland (again huge size advantage) and Denver (under strength) before you’re in the conf finals.

The Curry comment was purely designed for a win- win for LeBron - beat them and it’s like “i just beat the mvp”, lose and it’s “well I lost to the mvp”. Nothing he says isn’t calculated.

I’m a big Curry fan but they could play the Lakers (as both teams stand) 10 times and win twice. It’s just a horrible match up. Can’t see GS winning unless they (and Curry) shoot the lights out from 3 and Lakers have a bad day.

Jaysus lads, I hope you're making sure to charge LeBron rent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Another LA/LeBron storyline was this would be the toughest title run ever if they win from here. Wtf?

Beat a much smaller GS and you’re playing PHX who you’re much bigger, stronger, and significantly bigger than. The Lakers are just a horrible matchup for GS and PHX. Then you play winners of Portland (again huge size advantage) and Denver (under strength) before you’re in the conf finals.

The Curry comment was purely designed for a win- win for LeBron - beat them and it’s like “i just beat the mvp”, lose and it’s “well I lost to the mvp”. Nothing he says isn’t calculated.

I’m a big Curry fan but they could play the Lakers (as both teams stand) 10 times and win twice. It’s just a horrible match up. Can’t see GS winning unless they (and Curry) shoot the lights out from 3 and Lakers have a bad day.

Yea, I agree with everything you said, would be great for Curry to a big end over the Lakers, this was supposed to be the year that he gets found out but I think he has proved that wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

The gulf in coaching stood out a mile in that 1st half. The ball movement of the Warriors is a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

killwill wrote: »
    The gulf in coaching stood out a mile in that 1st half. The ball movement of the Warriors is a joy to watch.

That’s been a hallmark of warriors play since Kerr took over. They led the league or were right up there in assists for most of his tenure.

I’m not sure it represents a major gulf in coaching, rather it’s a style to maximize the talent you have. For example were Kerr the Lakers coach I don’t think they’d be flashing the ball around as that wouldn’t be maximizing what James and David’s talents.

Huge shot by Curry to end the first half but LA coming back now.

Iam pretty disappointed to be honest, I don’t even know what to say, we should of won, Lakers were there for the taking, Curry was off tonight

• Advertisement

Well, good close game in the end.

The game underlines why the Lakers are unlikely to make much progress in the playoffs while also offering a glimpse to the danger they potentially possess. Gritty comeback with a massive old timey bit of LeBron clutch to swing it at the end. Enjoyable!

And LeBron is an absolute BITCH, rolling around like he got shot, I hate him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Iam pretty disappointed to be honest, I don’t even know what to say, we should of won, Lakers were there for the taking, Curry was off tonight

You could see in the 1st half in particular, LeBron was slow to attack the basket. His ankle is far from 100%
    Genuinely thought Warriors would pull away in the 3rd.
    Laker's defence was very impressive again tonight.

And LeBron is an absolute BITCH, rolling around like he got shot, I hate him

He got up to make the biggest shot of the game too! That would have been sickening for a Warriors fan / disliker of LeBron.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He got up to make the biggest shot of the game too! That would have been sickening for a Warriors fan / disliker of LeBron.

I am too emotional right now, was watching game with a laker fan also which made it worse, I hate losing to them.
    So much to talk about n that game, Green was immense, Wiggins was great, Curry got numbers but he made poor choices at key times, he obviously gets a break
    I though AD was pretty poor to be fair, he is a soft player, LeBron, I find his antics unbearable but he is clutch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Big shout out to Caruso who was brilliant.

This game again shows why Drummond and AD are never going to work. Soon as AD switched to the 5 it just opened up.

I am too emotional right now, was watching game with a laker fan also which made it worse, I hate losing to them.
    So much to talk about n that game, Green was immense, Wiggins was great, Curry got numbers but he made poor choices at key times, he obviously gets a break
    I though AD was pretty poor to be fair, he is a soft player, LeBron, I find his antics unbearable but he is clutch

I also genuinely think the refs totally changed how they officiated the second half to favor the Lakers and LeBron, I am not exactly sober and a bit bitter but there was some seriously dubious calls, I remember one where LeBron messed up an in bounds and the refs just gave it back to him, Warriors don’t have anyone else to blame but themselves at the end of the day but my only conciliation is that I think the Lakers won’t win this year, I just can’t see it
    Also the Warriors might be running out of steam but some of these young guys look great for the future

I also genuinely think the refs totally changed how they officiated the second half to favor the Lakers and LeBron, I am not exactly sober and a bit bitter but there was some seriously dubious calls, I remember one where LeBron messed up an in bounds and the refs just gave it back to him, Warriors don’t have anyone else to blame but themselves at the end of the day but my only conciliation is that I think the Lakers won’t win this year, I just can’t see it
    Also the Warriors might be running out of steam but some of these young guys look great for the future

Wiggins was amazing.

The Lakers won’t win this year imo. I doubt they’ll get past the next round.

And agreed on Wiggins - great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really feels like we're set for an Eastern champ this year

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I never tend to place lay bets on basketball but laying the Lakers @5.0 seems a cracker. They've little to no chance, and last night was only more proof of that.

Coneygree wrote: »
    I never tend to place lay bets on basketball but laying the Lakers @5.0 seems a cracker. They've little to no chance, and last night was only more proof of that.

Agreed. They're not healthy. Won't get away with first half stretches like Davis and LeBron had against better teams. If LeBron isn't trusting his ankle and being aggressive to the rim then the whole thing doesn't work.

To be honest, I fully expect one or both to tweak something again and miss time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Agreed. They're not healthy. Won't get away with first half stretches like Davis and LeBron had against better teams. If LeBron isn't trusting his ankle and being aggressive to the rim then the whole thing doesn't work.

To be honest, I fully expect one or both to tweak something again and miss time.

The Sun's series will be interesting, Phoenix will probably throw Jae Crowder and maybe even Torrey Craig at LeBron..both are good defenders but I didn't see the game last night how did LeBron look?....

Also another boost for phoenix is they are allowing over 10,000 fans in their arena for the playoffs so they will have a good crowd behind them for the series

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That’s a tough loss for GS, really let that one get away.

• Advertisement

That’s a tough loss for GS, really let that one get away.

It was taken away from them. They had no choice in the matter the second half. They'll take one or two games from Utah.

Wizards and Pacers tonight...I am thinking the result largely depends on Beals health. Pacers looked good against Charlotte even though it was fairly easy for them.

Also Kwame Brown coming for Jordan and LeBron in his latest videos!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Halftime in Pacers/Wizards game. Beal doesn't look near his best but Wizards doing very well with Westbrook having 15 points, 8 assists and 9 rebounds in the first half. They lead by 14 at halftime.

Some comeback by the Wizards to make the bracket.

Will Westbrook and Beal turn in a massive performance to steal a game?

I assume Westbrook and Embild still hate each other? Should be a good watch.

The 1 - 8 / 2 - 7 series in both conferences should be good this year. A rarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have a double on Utah and Philly to win their respective conferences.

LA just don't have enough game time together for me to get past Utah.

I have a double on Utah and Philly to win their respective conferences.

LA just don't have enough game time together for me to get past Utah.

You must have got decent odds on that bet? Hopefully Donovan Mitchell comes back and gets his legs back soon

It was taken away from them. They had no choice in the matter the second half. They'll take one or two games from Utah.

I have a bad feeling about tonight, it’s a tough loss to shake off and Memphis have the momentum

• Advertisement

jk23 wrote: »
    Wizards and Pacers tonight...I am thinking the result largely depends on Beals health. Pacers looked good against Charlotte even though it was fairly easy for them.

Also Kwame Brown coming for Jordan and LeBron in his latest videos!!!

My friend was telling me that an ex player from the same area was on the radio saying the Brown family are well known for being crazy, apparently his dad is in jail for murdering someone with an axe, and two of his brothers are also in jail for murder, one for killing girlfriend, not sure about the other, but if that’s reliable then that family clearly has issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement