Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

My friend was telling me that an ex player from the same area was on the radio saying the Brown family are well known for being crazy, apparently his dad is in jail for murdering someone with an axe, and two of his brothers are also in jail for murder, one for killing girlfriend, not sure about the other, but if that’s reliable then that family clearly has issues

It's mad because during his career he said very little and now the last few days since the Matt Barnes podcast he has gone nuclear!!

I think he has snapped after all the media clowning him because he didn't live up to the number 1 pick. Also if that's his background then I would be worried if I was them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

jk23 wrote: »
    You must have got decent odds on that bet? Hopefully Donovan Mitchell comes back and gets his legs back soon

Decent enough odds yeah.

Decent enough odds yeah.

Cool, best of luck with it, I would be more confident of the 76rs...usually with new superteams like Brooklyn it takes a year or two to get the chemistry right.

Utah all depends on how Mitchell comes back from his ankle sprain..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Haven’t been this nervous about a game in a long time, really think the Warriors deserve a series but I do love the Elimination element of these games

The 1st quarter has been excellent, Memphis started brilliant but Curry has taken over the last part of it

• Advertisement

We suck big time tonight, I called it, just bad turnovers all night, we don’t deserve to win and it is what it is, very disappointing all the same

I want to cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I want to cry

Hard luck man, Not GSW best game by any stretch but the Grizzlies seemed to have an answer anytime you guys were starting to come to life. What a season from Steph though, maybe his best yet? Hopefully he has a few more of those in him..

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Hard luck man, Not GSW best game by any stretch but the Grizzlies seemed to have an answer anytime you guys were starting to come to life. What a season from Steph though, maybe his best yet? Hopefully he has a few more of those in him..

Still up drowning our sorrows with some extra help, it was tough, we are better than that but it is what it is, I think we deserved to lose even if we could of won in the end but on to next season

It’s 3:30am, about to go to bed, just sad that we didn’t get a series, we are better than that but to break it down in a few words, stupid turnovers......no excuses
    I’ll probably take a week off from sports and media, hopefully we get good playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I had thought GS would be very vulnerable last night. They had a lot go right in the first game with Brooks fouling out, Memphis being atrocious from deep, Morant being very quiet etc. If Memphis only improved on one of those it was always going to be close. As it turned out they improved on all 3.

Throw in the psychological low the Warriors would be at (relatively) after the LA loss (and conversely Memphis on a high after their win) and the fact that it's very hard to beat the same team 3 times in a week (Memphis and GS played in the last regular season game too) and that's a lot of factors.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen Steph have to work as hard as he did for his points as he did v Brooks this week. And Brooks had some big buckets too.

GS ultimately were too reliant on Steph, and yet still had a chance to win it in regulation - Draymond's play was and I'm being kind here) pretty poorly executed.

The better team on the night won. Sad in a way as I do think GS would have given Utah a much tougher test than Memphis.

Agree with ButtersSuki..would have loved to have seen Golden state in the playoffs proper...

I was wondering what is everyone's picks for the first round of the playoffs

1. 76rs Vs Washington: 76rs in 5

2.Bucks Vs Heat: Bucks in 6

3. Brooklyn Vs Celtics: Brooklyn in 6

4.Knicks Vs Hawks: Knicks in 7

5. Utah Vs Memphis: Utah in 5

6.LA Clippers Vs Mavericks: Clippers in 7

7. LA Lakers Vs Phoenix: Lakers in 5

8. Denver Nuggets Vs Trail blazers: Blazers in 7

Oldie but goodie, popped up on Chris Vernon's feed today:

Full video:

Austin Rivers:
    https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/status/1088076547410546690?s=20

1. 76rs Vs Washington: 76rs in 5

2. Bucks Vs Heat: Bucks in 6

3. Brooklyn Vs Celtics: Brooklyn in 4 (As a Celtics fan this kills me)

4. Knicks Vs Hawks: Hawks in 6 (Honestly this is so close I wouldn't be surprised if either won)

5. Utah Vs Memphis: Utah in 4

6. LA Clippers Vs Mavericks: Clippers in 6

7. LA Lakers Vs Phoenix: Suns in 6 (I don't think the Lakers are fit, that's my logic. If Lakers were fit, I'd be on them 100%)

8. Denver Nuggets Vs Trailblazers: Blazers in 6 (With Murray out this is there for Portland

• 1. 76rs Vs Washington: 76rs in 4

2. Bucks Vs Heat: Bucks in 6

3. Brooklyn Vs Celtics: Brooklyn in 5

4. Knicks Vs Hawks: Knicks in 7

5. Utah Vs Memphis: Utah in 5

6. LA Clippers Vs Mavericks: Clippers in 7

7. LA Lakers Vs Phoenix: Suns in 6

8. Denver Nuggets Vs Trailblazers: Nuggets in 6

Some serious misfiring from Miami and the bucks so far.

Butler blows past Giannis like a turnstile there to take it to OT. Not his best game by any stretch but he can turn it on at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Some game, playoffs off to a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Close game between Clips and Mavs on to the 4th qtr

• Registered Users Posts: 36,275 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hold Dallas
    You have this lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,275 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great game. Dallas fully deserved it. They can win this series.

The Clippers remind me of Tottenham in football, just don't have it

• Delighted for Dallas, hope they progress.

Think Kawhi will drag Clippers through though.

Delighted for Dallas, hope they progress.

Think Kawhi will drag Clippers through though.

They should have traded Lou Williams and Pat Beverley for Kyle Lowry... especially as they sent Lou away to Atlanta anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just saw the clip of Giannis getting called for the 10 second violation on his free throw.

It's not that it's the wrong call, but he's had the same form all year and literally the first time he's called for it is in a game in which he's had 13 free throws, while he's attempting one in a 1 point game with 60 seconds remaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Have 100 quid on Lakers -1.5 games and Brooklyn to sweep Boston. Fancy Suns to take a game (especially the first where LeBron is rusty and they traditionally take time to adjust)

Some great games. Enjoyed your breakdown of the GSW game, Butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Woke up at 5am and caught the 4th quarter of Portland beating Denver before going back to bed. Watched full game highlights and recap now, mostly went as expected with Denver just having no answer for Portland's guard rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Corvo wrote:
    Have 100 quid on Lakers -1.5 games and Brooklyn to sweep Boston. Fancy Suns to take a game (especially the first where LeBron is rusty and they traditionally take time to adjust)
    You like to throw away money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

eagle eye wrote: »
    You like to throw away money?

Suns aren’t taking out Lakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Corvo wrote:
    Suns aren’t taking out Lakers.
    You think the Lakers are going to win 3-1 or better? You think the Nets will sweep the Celtics?
    You are making a factual statement there, the Suns are likely to beat a Lakers team if AD and LBJ are struggling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement