Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

eagle eye wrote: »
    You think the Lakers are going to win 3-1 or better? You think the Nets will sweep the Celtics?
    You are making a factual statement there, the Suns are likely to beat a Lakers team if AD and LBJ are struggling.

I assume you mean 4-2 or better right. Wouldn't be my kind of bet but I wouldn't say it's unlikely. In fact the Vegas spread for the series is Lakers -1.5..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Really good start to the playoffs last night. Performance of the night was Lillard for me, Luka was brilliant also.

It never ceases to amaze me how easy Durant puts up points. Was watching him last night without paying much attention to the box score and figured he was having a terrible game by his standard. Look after the game and he is 34/10 or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

eagle eye wrote: »
    You think the Lakers are going to win 3-1 or better? You think the Nets will sweep the Celtics?
    You are making a factual statement there, the Suns are likely to beat a Lakers team if AD and LBJ are struggling.

Ok, I don’t think, in my opinion that the Suns are going to eliminate the Lakers. I don’t think they have an answer for AD, if fit. I think while the first half of the GSW game showed how weak they can be, the second half showed how they can ramp up.

Yes I think Boston get swept. Perhaps a gentleman’s sweep at which stage my bet is dead anyway, but that’s why I took almost 7/1, it’s not a sure thing. I shouldn’t have been factual.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,333 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lakers / Suns is a really difficult series to analyse because we don’t know how healthy Davis and LeBron are (Schroeder coming back from covid too, which may affect him).

If they get past the Suns we’ll have more info to go in for the conference semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I'd nearly wait and hope Lakers win game 1 and then lump on the Suns to win the series. I just can't see LeBron not tweeking something again with so many intense games in quick succession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lakers / Suns is a really difficult series to analyse because we don’t know how healthy Davis and LeBron are (Schroeder coming back from covid too, which may affect him).

If they get past the Suns we’ll have more info to go in for the conference semis.

I read Schroeder didn’t actually have Covid but was out because he was a close contact. There’s a huge difference physically if he had v hadn’t.

Chris Herring has joined the Open Floor as co-host (though technically intrigued as “a co-host”). He’s a very good analyst and writer, but might be a bit too serious or nerdy for some. He’s very different to Sharp, Golliver, or Pina for example.

Tobias Harris continuing to look a different player under Doc. That contract might end up being alright in time to come.

Seems like CP3 is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Only just saw on PP free €5 bet builder on any 1st round game. Any ideas?

Getting a glimpse into LeBron’s future if he hangs on another few years. Injury clearly limiting his athleticism here, so he’s just looking for jump shots and trying to take up good positions on defense.

Suns have this series, maybe in 5.

• Advertisement

Getting a glimpse into LeBron’s future if he hangs on another few years. Injury clearly limiting his athleticism here, so he’s just looking for jump shots and trying to take up good positions on defense.

Suns have this series, maybe in 5.

Have to agree, looks well off the pace although he looks in prime form compared to Davis who has been tragic.

CP3 is clearly hurt but his presence on the court is invaluable.

Nothing I didn’t expect there. Lakers still rusty. Suns win this.

Also, what pictures of Frank Vogel does Andre Drummond have? Must be damaging

Mark Jackson please STFU.

Davis with a nothing performance

Reckon the Lakers will pack it in here. They aren’t going to get healthy in two days so there’s not much to be looking forward to.

Mark Jackson please STFU.

I absolutely hate his constant "If I'm ____" comments.

Ffs LeBron again with the over-acting.

Coneygree wrote: »
    I absolutely hate his constant "If I'm ____" comments.

It’s the stating the complete obvious too, he’s almost as bad as Magic.

It’s the stating the complete obvious too, he’s almost as bad as Magic.

A beaut right this second, "If I'm Frank Vogel I'm challenging this call".

As long as he doesn’t say “‘Mama....there goes that man”....

• Advertisement

Was it him for the GSW game the other night? He drove me mental 😂

A damn shame Booker has had to wait until now to play in the playoffs.

Davis just horrendous
    Like hilariously inept

Davis just horrendous
    Like hilariously inept

More Anthony Bennett than Davis tonight for sure.

He dropped 42 on them not too long ago. I’ve faith in him.

Corvo wrote: »
    He dropped 42 on them not too long ago. I’ve faith in him.

This is nothing to do with LeBron and AD’s ability. They’re both injured.

Good win for Phoenix. I predicted them to win this series and I haven’t seen anything to change my mind tonight - assuming of course Chris Paul isn’t injured.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Happy with that for Phoenix. They’re clearly a fairly well rounded team with Booker being a star. CP3 should be fine with the days rest you’d imagine which will make it more difficult for the lakers to double team Booker successfully.

This is nothing to do with LeBron and AD’s ability. They’re both injured.

LeBron gets off with it but AD doesn’t in my opinion. Needs to be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

AD is one soft ass ...., and LeBron again with antics in my opinion. Please let them get eliminated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement