Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well Miami could have stolen game one, there was little or nothing in it. Wasn’t close last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

jk23 wrote: »
    Bucks up 2-0...additions of Jrue Holiday and PJ Tucker looking shrewd at the moment.

Denver level the series Vs Portland, Jokic has a big game

Bucks / Nets will be a great series .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well Miami could have stolen game one, there was little or nothing in it. Wasn’t close last night though.

Has Herro gone back a bit since last year?..also I know you might laugh but losing Olynk has hurt them a bit too.

Bucks / Nets will be a great series .

Hopefully everyone stays injury free if that comes to pass, I have this feeling one of the big 3 from the nets will get injured

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sleep schedule is f*cked already with the games :o Might move to America for the play offs next year :pac:

Dame pulling up from basically half court last night will never get old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I have this feeling one of the big 3 from the nets will get injured

every cloud !!

2smiggy wrote: »
    every cloud !!

Haha! not a fan of KD or superteams in general?...Kyrie and Harden are injury prone too!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Has Herro gone back a bit since last year?..also I know you might laugh but losing Olynk has hurt them a bit too.

Fame has gone to Herro's head and I'd imagine the bubble was a bit of a fluke.

Jimmy is 8 from 32 too (2 of 9 from 3) in the first two games. He has a difficult task against Giannis of course, but he needs to do more if they’re to take a couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Haha! not a fan of KD or superteams in general?...Kyrie and Harden are injury prone too!!...

IMO I just think this particular trio are fairly unlikable !!

Individually as well

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    IMO I just think this particular trio are fairly unlikable !!

Individually as well

Harden's alright, a bit strange but sure it's a strange business being an NBA superstar.

Kyrie and KD are off the reservation. From Kyrie's finger pointing media interviews to KD creating catfish social media profiles to argue with critics...I don't think I'd want to have a pint with either.

Jimmy is 8 from 32 too (2 of 9 from 3) in the first two games. He has a difficult task against Giannis of course, but he needs to do more if they’re to take a couple of games.

Not to worry, Barkley has said that Bucks will sweep Miami so thats 4-2 Miami then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Man I love Facu Campazzo ever since I saw him play in the fiba world cup a few years ago, man is an absolute baller.

https://theathletic.com/2610548/2021/05/25/lakers-need-lebron-james-to-turn-the-corner-for-them-do-the-same-against-suns-can-he/?source=user_shared_article

Excellent analysis of LeBron in game one. On the basis of this I just lumped money on the Suns later, and a much heftier amount on them to win the series.

If LeBron can’t drive on that ankle, no shot.

Do you really think LeBron is struggling that bad luckylloyd?...As you know bet against LeBron at your peril, he could go for 40 tonight..

I think the Lakers will take it tonight...AD had 42 against them before so I I think he will have a big game tonight after his poor performance in game 1...

Yes, to my eye he looked unexplosive and tentative in game one. The article above is an extensive elaboration on that. He beat a poor Warriors team in a once off. He won’t beat a real team like this.

They’re toast.

Yes, to my eye he looked unexplosive and tentative in game one. The article above is an extensive elaboration on that. He beat a poor Warriors team in a once off. He won’t beat a real team like this.

They’re toast.

I don't have the sub to The Athletic, I know they have good analysis in their articles but it could be just rustiness after coming back from the sprain.

I would be shocked though if the Suns beat them tonight, the Lakers defence will improve alot tonight I reckon

I hope I’m wrong!

I hope I’m wrong!

Clippers are the ones who are in trouble I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Great result for Lakers, AD playing more physical and Schroder stepped up too.
    LeBron still off the pace but hopefully the more he plays the better he feels.
    CP3 with no luck when it comes to injuries, such a shame.

• Advertisement

Really disappointed for the suns, don't know if they will get another opportunity to go 2 up with LeBron not playing to his normal level..AD stepped up in fairness to him

Clippers are in big bother now...think Kawhi might be regretting leaving Toronto so soon...

Just caught the highlights. AD with a monster game.

Interesting they added Gasol back into the rotation and had one of Gasol / Drummond on the court at all times.

And agree with you - LeBron looked off again (clutch jump shots notwithstanding). Definite chance for the Suns. They’ll feel they can split the next two games at least imo.

=====

The Clippers...wow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm just happy to see whatever team Pat Bev plays for collapse

Interesting they added Gasol back into the rotation and had one of Gasol / Drummond on the court at all times.

And agree with you - LeBron looked off again (clutch jump shots notwithstanding). Definite chance for the Suns. They’ll feel they can split the next two games at least imo.

=====

The Clippers...wow

Is Chris Paul really struggling with his shoulder? I only seen the last few minutes because of work...

I think the Lakers will take it in 6 now

The Clippers needed to get rid of Beverley, Williams and Morris in the off season...

Lowry and Lonzo Ball would have made them a better playoff team. They are just a good regular season team and Doncic is destroying them with an inferior team bar KP/Hardaway

Clippers have loads of great individual defenders, but they struggle mightily with rim protection and help D. Also Zubac looks lost out there, in a washing machine at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve long thought Ty Lue was a bit of a fraud as a coach but he’s been exposed enormously in this series. Yes the Clippers have underperformed ad players but the coaching staff need to take some of the criticism too.

Luka.....unbelievable, as usual.

Kendrick Perkins.....talking absolute sh*t, as usual.

=====

The Clippers...wow

I don't think LeBron went to the rim once and was settling for jumpers (which worked, to be fair) but definitely worrying for the Lakers that he still isn't moving freely.

I actually thought Davis took some strange shots last night, but he was aggressive and got to the free throw line a lot.

And credit where its due...Drummond played well! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I’ve long thought Ty Lue was a bit of a fraud as a coach but he’s been exposed enormously in this series. Yes the Clippers have underperformed ad players but the coaching staff need to take some of the criticism too.

Luka.....unbelievable, as usual.

Kendrick Perkins.....talking absolute sh*t, as usual.

We sound like a broken record but how does Perkins have a job, he must have dirt on someone somewhere...

Luka is phenomenal, I was starting to doubt him when he started season out of shape, wasn’t spectacular in the regular season but when it comes to the big games, he shows up.
    The irony of the clippers losing to the Mavericks would be hilarious after they went out of their way to play them instead of LA. If they lose this series then what next year ??? Kawhi is most likely gone, they will probably have to trade George to start another rebuild, dumpster fire

We sound like a broken record but how does Perkins have a job, he must have dirt on someone somewhere...

Luka is phenomenal, I was starting to doubt him when he started season out of shape, wasn’t spectacular in the regular season but when it comes to the big games, he shows up.
    The irony of the clippers losing to the Mavericks would be hilarious after they went out of their way to play them instead of LA. If they lose this series then what next year ??? Kawhi is most likely gone, they will probably have to trade George to start another rebuild, dumpster fire

I don't mind Perkins too much, you know he has his biases already towards certain players.

But I cannot stand Nick Wright, he is unbearable especially today after the clippers lost last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Is Chris Paul really struggling with his shoulder? I only seen the last few minutes because of work...

I think the Lakers will take it in 6 now

The Clippers needed to get rid of Beverley, Williams and Morris in the off season...

Lowry and Lonzo Ball would have made them a better playoff team. They are just a good regular season team and Doncic is destroying them with an inferior team bar KP/Hardaway

CP3 played 22 minutes, didn't attempt a 3 point shot and only took 5 shots. His shoulder is definitely in a bad way.

@Butterski, with regards to Ty Lue's coaching, did you see the box and 1 they played? Terrible execution and played right to Luka's strengths. Mavs just spread the floor and pulled the box out wide, Luka used his footwork to get exactly where he wanted to go. I cant see the Clippers getting 4 out of 5 wins now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement