Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Kawhi will definitely have something to think about if they go out to Dallas. I know he's happy to be making his money close to home and he has his 2 rings and is a HOF lock but he's got to be enraged by how things have panned out for the Clippers and will be hungry for more if the right team came knocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Coneygree wrote: »
    Kawhi will definitely have something to think about if they go out to Dallas. I know he's happy to be making his money close to home and he has his 2 rings and is a HOF lock but he's got to be enraged by how things have panned out for the Clippers and will be hungry for more if the right team came knocking.

I feel alot of the issues are Kawhi's doing. He chose Clippers as it was close to home and he named PG13 as the player he wanted to play with. Was everyone not raving about the job the backroom staff did of building such a great team?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

killwill wrote: »
    I feel alot of the issues are Kawhi's doing. He chose Clippers as it was close to home and he named PG13 as the player he wanted to play with. Was everyone not raving about the job the backroom staff did of building such a great team?

Yes, people were. It was universal on here in summer 2019 that Kawhi and the Clippers were massive winners and the Lakers were huge losers after waiting for him and missing out.

Now that being said, Kawhi balled out last night. He didn’t lose the game. They look badly coached to me. Poor defensive structure, questionable rotations, etc. As a unit they are underperforming.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yes, people were. It was universal on here in summer 2019 that Kawhi and the Clippers were massive winners and the Lakers were huge losers after waiting for him and missing out.

Now that being said, Kawhi balled out last night. He didn’t lose the game. They look badly coached to me. Poor defensive structure, questionable rotations, etc. As a unit they are underperforming.

Oh I agree it is a coaching issue more than anything. Kawhi is a fantastic player, top 4 in the league in my eyes. I didnt mean the team were underperforming because of him. I meant he is in the position he is in from personal choices. Picking Clippers as your next team to compete with is admirable but we have seen them mess up time and time again.
    From a franchise perspective, not upgrading on Pat Bev and Zubac for me are two of the biggest mistakes after the decision to appoint Ty Lue.

Looking forward to the 6ers/Wizards game. No doubt 6ers go through but I hope Wizards take 2 games at least.
    I was never a big Westbrook fan but he grew on my this season. I followed the narrative that he is a stat padder all along but consistently playing with the energy he has night in, night out is impressive. The more teammates come out talking highly of him the more I like him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

My predictions to win tonight

76rs
    Knicks
    Jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

jk23 wrote: »
    My predictions to win tonight

76rs
    Knicks
    Jazz

Not bad

Corvo wrote: »
    Not bad

Of course I didn't put any money on it!! Typical!!

Lakers 6.5 pt favs tonight. Vegas are so bullish. It’s amazing

Lakers 6.5 pt favs tonight. Vegas are so bullish. It’s amazing

Getting the general consensus from the the media over there the feeling is that CP3s injury means the series is over. I think it will be in 5 unfortunately for the Suns

I am going for tonight

Heat
    Lakers
    Trail Blazers

• Advertisement

If the Lakers continue shooting 28% from three and LeBron continues playing a half game due to the ankle, every game is up for grabs imo.

Of course, Paul not being right is a killer for the Suns also.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Green out for rest of series against the Celtics.

Pretty clean from the Lakers. AD coming up big.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Chris Paul and Play Off injuries, huh? What an unfortunate series of bad timing with injuries over multiple seasons that man has.

Really surprised the Heat have folded against the Bucks, Oladipo being out was a big loss to them...

Lakers getting momentum now but hopefully the league won't suspend Booker for that push at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Lakers playing some very old school basketball last night. Just get in the paint and score. Lovely to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Very surprised to see the Lakers essentially being completely written off on here both before and after game one.

IMO even if LeBron and Davis are at 50% they should have enough to at worst make the Finals.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Very surprised to see the Lakers essentially being completely written off on here both before and after game one.

IMO even if LeBron and Davis are at 50% they should have enough to at worst make the Finals.

Well I disagree with that idea. They aren’t beating Denver or the Mavs on half basketball.

BrentMused wrote: »

That is just not happening. The margins are so small, if they're at 50% forget it.

The west is very open because of Murray's injury, if the Lakers get Denver they will beat them because they have the size to trouble Jokic and the Trail Blazers are horrible defensively....

It will be either against Utah or Dallas before they have to be really tested and that will be the conference finals!!

• Advertisement

The Suns aren’t beaten just yet lads! We’re all very reactive as they series ebb and flow, I’m guilty of it myself of course!

I wouldn't rule out Dallas coming out of West.

HOW BOUT DEM 76ERS!

The Suns aren’t beaten just yet lads! We’re all very reactive as they series ebb and flow, I’m guilty of it myself of course!

Lakers in 5, Lucky!

Just listening to The Mismatch now, Chris Vernon not holding back in sh*tting on Ty Lue. He must be reading my posts! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,532 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well last night's games has made things a bit interesting again. I'm glad the Celtics were not swept anyway. Big games from Kawhi , Tatum and of course Doncic.

Tatum and Doncic can't keep carrying the teams on their own thou of course

Just listening to The Mismatch now, Chris Vernon not holding back in sh*tting on Ty Lue. He must be reading my posts! ;)

Just dropped dead that a poster called Chris Vernon liked this

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Magic game in Atlanta. Had an aul Motumbo throwback and everything!

Strange one for the last few games is Luka’s FT %. He’s missing a crazy number of FTs for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

I’m a Celtics fan but there’s something very jarring in how Tatum plays. I’m not denying there’s supreme talent there, it’s just weird watching him in that the spacing is awful, he doesn’t make things easier for others etc. I’m not saying he’s playing hero ball or gunning but he’s certainly lacking in all round play. He’s not facilitating or contributing much outside of the scoring, it’s a weird one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement