Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

This game isn't over lads only 12 in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

They'll need 2018 level LeBron to pull this off with Davis seemingly gone for the rest of the series.

Hahaha LeBron gets punished by refs apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Coneygree wrote: »
    They'll need 2018 level LeBron to pull this off with Davis seemingly gone for the rest of the series.

Yeah I’m not seeing it.
    He’s been a little better today and game 3, but he’s taking plays off at both ends and seemingly isn’t able to drive repeatedly.

Caruso and Kuzma have been absolutely horrendous tonight too. Can’t expect he’ll have much help.

Gasol draining threes with the wonkiest stroke of them all.

• Advertisement

Jae Crowder puts LeBron & Co to bed.

Mark Jackson, the absolute worst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Phoenix turning the screw. It’s amazing the difference a fitter (he’s not even fully fit) Chris Paul makes.

Chris Paul makes any team better but the turning point was that AD injury.
    Looks like he might miss the remainder of the season and I really don't think Lakers stand a chance without his presence in the front court.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    AD is out. That’s the difference you’re seeing.
    killwill wrote: »
    Chris Paul makes any team better but the turning point was that AD injury.
    Looks like he might miss the remainder of the season and I really don't think Lakers stand a chance without his presence in the front court.

Lads, I called the Auns at half time BEFORE AD was ruled out. My point on Paul’s fitness was meant in relation to the game up to that point. The Suns were the away team down 2-1 in their first play off series having lost 2 straight and they were never not in this game. They led at half-time. There was a calmness to their play that wasn’t there in the two games they lost.

Believe it or not I was aware that AD was injured. I commented on his walking to the tunnel and it not looking good. Amazingly though I didn't see either of you saying “the reason LA are winning is because Chris a Paul is injured” when the Lakers won games 2 and 3 against a clearly injured Paul. Funny that. When someone beats LA it’s because LA are injured. When LA win it's because of their general awesomeness. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lads, I called the Auns at half time BEFORE AD was ruled out. My point on Paul’s fitness was meant in relation to the game up to that point. The Suns were the away team down 2-1 in their first play off series having lost 2 straight and they were never not in this game. They led at half-time. There was a calmness to their play that wasn’t there in the two games they lost.

Believe it or not I was aware that AD was injured. I commented on his walking to the tunnel and it not looking good. Amazingly though I didn't see either of you saying “the reason LA are winning is because Chris a Paul is injured” when the Lakers won games 2 and 3 against a clearly injured Paul. Funny that. When someone beats LA it’s because LA are injured. When LA win it's because of their general awesomeness. :rolleyes:

I literally said CP3 makes any team better, of course him being back and even at only 70% makes them better. He is calmness personified.
    I've also been quite critical of both LeBron and AD in the past.

• Advertisement

AD listed as day to day, possibly could play in game 5

Paul and LeBron are injured but they’re on the court. AD missing the entire half for a 4 point game that ended at 8 points is obviously a bigger turning point than anything else.

It’s maybe unfortunate that injury is the defining narrative around this series, but remember that the Lakers are only playing in it as a 7 seed because of injuries.

The Suns were playing well in the 1st half, but the Lakers had opened up the biggest leads. To say AD being out the whole second half had no bearing on the result is, well...it was Mark Jackson’s closing take so. :)

jk23 wrote: »

I’m going to win my series bet on the Suns imo. I’ll not be betting on the next 2 - 3 games individually though.

Huge shift in a couple of series. Clippers and Suns now firm favourites to progress. The West bracket may end up intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

Lot of fans acting like knob ends since they got back.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’m going to win my series bet on the Suns imo. I’ll not be betting on the next 2 - 3 games individually though.

Huge shift in a couple of series. Clippers and Suns now firm favourites to progress. The West bracket may end up intact.

I wouldnt write off the Lakers yet Lucky....LeBron is capable of winning the series on his own...he is starting to look like his old self every game

Shocked the clippers came back but I assume Doncic wasn't 100 per cent last night...

Not in any way excusing the fan throwing the bottle of water but WTF was Kyrie doing wiping his foot in the logo in the Garden after the game?

I agree the players need protecting but so does that kind of behaviour, which of course isn’t being discussed.

Playing wise, once again Kyrie destroys the Celtics and takes great pleasure in going so.

Luka and Dallas look like they’re in big trouble now, from a really strong position. Luka has a neck/back issue that is clearly affecting him, but they were shockingly bad last night

Day to day Davis is back!

The problem with a groin strain is it severely limits your lateral movement.

Maybe they took him out at halftime as a precaution but if he’s even just pulled it slightly he’s highly unlikely to play in 2 days.

He seems to have Injuries all the time

• Advertisement

He's such an awkward gangly looking player I always feel like he's a landing or a spin away from just falling apart like a child's toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Looks like Wizards wont get swept. They might win this game

This Lakers Suns game 5 is hugely important tonight...if the Lakers win they will most likely close it out at home in game 6

However if the Suns win they have one more chance to win the series if they lose to the Lakers in game 6

Who is everyone going for tonight?...

I'll go for the Suns to cover the spread.

This Lakers Suns game 5 is hugely important tonight...if the Lakers win they will most likely close it out at home in game 6

However if the Suns win they have one more chance to win the series if they lose to the Lakers in game 6

Who is everyone going for tonight?...

Is AD defo out? I think I take the Suns if he is and Paul is fit

Suns at a canter. No AD and LeBron still isn’t right.

Suns. Unless Scott Foster is reffing. :pac:

Suns by 12+

I am going for a 5-10 point win for the Lakers, they will all raise their game with AD out..seen this happen so many times before with teams

• Advertisement

Suns are kicking the proverbial out of Lakers here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement