Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Without AD, Lakers are so poor. They are not a threat at all from distance and defensively are even worse. Suns are so dominant in both ends of the court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Flicked over for end of Denver, at least it’s competitive haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As usual Portland lose because Damian Lillard has to do absolutely everything with no help, breaking multiple playoff records by hitting 12 3s and getting 55/10, while his max contract sidekick CJ hasn't even managed to score his season average points in 1 of these 5 games yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

10 points in a quarter.
    #LakerNation
    #KingGOAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

10 points in a quarter.
    #LakerNation
    #KingGOAT

I wouldn't write off the Lakers yet Butters, AD is probably going to play on Thursday and if it comes to a game 7 anything can happen...

• Advertisement

jk23 wrote: »
    I wouldn't write off the Lakers yet Butters, AD is probably going to play on Thursday and if it comes to a game 7 anything can happen...

I’m not, but 10 points in a quarter is an absolute embarrassment.

I’m not, but 10 points in a quarter is an absolute embarrassment.

I missed the game but it doesn't sound good, it shows how important AD is to that team.

How do you think Dallas and the Clippers will go tonight?..

I missed the game but it doesn't sound good, it shows how important AD is to that team.

How do you think Dallas and the Clippers will go tonight?..

Luka’s injured, and so much revolves around him that they really haven’t much hope without him at 100%, sadly, Dallas also significantly shot a higher % than expected in Games 1 and 2. Clippers to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Are there reports of AD suiting up Thursday? I think it could be a bad move for him. During the warm up for game 4, he winced and grabbed his leg after a jump shot. He is nowhere near fit. Same as LeBron again last night. He is not able to attack the basket. Then with AD missing, Phoenix zoned up on him. Proved very effective.

Same old narrative going on in here too, when Lakers lose its time to diss LeBron, despite the shocking showing from his team mates. Schroder played 25mins and was 0/9. KCP played 15mins with zero points. McLemore 16mins, zero points.

LeBron shot 6/10 from beyond the arc, the rest of the team were 6/25.

killwill wrote: »
    Are there reports of AD suiting up Thursday? I think it could be a bad move for him. During the warm up for game 4, he winced and grabbed his leg after a jump shot. He is nowhere near fit. Same as LeBron again last night. He is not able to attack the basket. Then with AD missing, Phoenix zoned up on him. Proved very effective.

Same old narrative going on in here too, when Lakers lose its time to diss LeBron, despite the shocking showing from his team mates. Schroder played 25mins and was 0/9. KCP played 15mins with zero points. McLemore 16mins, zero points.

I think he will give it a go on Thursday especially as it's at home in LA as well. I don't think they will play that bad again...it all up to the Suns now do they have the nerve to close it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

killwill wrote: »

The only diss I'd have on LeBron is that he didn't need to be on a max contract . He has more money that could be imagined . With him and AD on max contracts it's no wonder the supporting cast aren't upto much

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

The only diss I'd have on LeBron is that he didn't need to be on a max contract . He has more money that could be imagined . With him and AD on max contracts it's no wonder the supporting cast aren't upto much

He likes to win, but likes money more. Tom Brady would be similar situation, having more money than he could ever want. He took smaller contracts through the years with the patriots in order for them to assemble a better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

2smiggy wrote: »
    He likes to win, but likes money more. Tom Brady would be similar situation, having more money than he could ever want. He took smaller contracts through the years with the patriots in order for them to assemble a better team.

Wow, scalding hot bad takes :pac:

If he took a low contract and they added another star with the cap space he’d be criticised for ring chasing with a super team.

Corvo wrote: »
    If he took a low contract and they added another star with the cap space he’d be criticised for ring chasing with a super team.

Not to mention the broader cultural issues for why he would be criticised for taking less. And the negative influence it could have for players from future CBAs.

‘bUt hEs alReaDY woRTH mILLions’ is such a terrible terrible take.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Not to mention the broader cultural issues for why he would be criticised for taking less. And the negative influence it could have for players from future CBAs.

Tom Brady has done it for the last 10 years

Well you cant have it both ways . 2 guys on a max contract the supporting cast isn't going to be good . In fact it will get worse . Rondo and Howard left because the Lakers couldn't pay them . Caruso will more than likely be next.

All the chips are in on Lebron and AD being fit and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

nothing about the money, Tom Brady did it to win, and he was not criticised. If anything other teams were jealous of the Patriots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Well you cant have it both ways . 2 guys on a max contract the supporting cast isn't going to be good . In fact it will get worse . Rondo and Howard left because the Lakers couldn't pay them . Caruso will more than likely be next.

All the chips are in on Lebron and AD being fit and healthy.

It worked ok for them last year.

qwabercd wrote: »
    It worked ok for them last year.

Its did but

1. They had months of a break between the regular season and the bubble
    2. It was in a bubble in Disneyworld with no fans , no homecourt advantage and no KD
    3. Both stayed healthy

• Advertisement

• So who is everyone fancying to win the Championship at this stage?

So who is everyone fancying to win the Championship at this stage?

Whoever comes out of Nets / Bucks imo

Danny Ainge rumoured to be stepping down

It’s almost like there’s an important difference between Tom Brady and LeBron James. That may influence their degree of cultural flexibility on this topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,127 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Corvo wrote:
    Danny Ainge rumoured to be stepping down

He really needs to go.

But he’s never played on a super team.....according to himself.

It’s almost like there’s an important difference between Tom Brady and LeBron James. That may influence their degree of cultural flexibility on this topic. :)

Ah here. The NBA is 85% an African American League. You’re not comparing like with like.

LeBron has a billion dollar lifetime deal with Nike, amongst his many other endorsements. He could play for the minimum (actually he could play for free) and still be one of the highest earners in sports. But his enormous ego won’t allow him not to be the highest earner on the team.

We all get you’re a LeBron Stan, but some of the stuff you come out with is utterly ridiculous.

I even see the “LeBron needs more help” crap is starting already in certain sections of the US media (the usual suspects). The Lakers have 2 of the Top 5 players in the league. Fact. The reason they’re not progressing this year is because of those players not being 100% fit, not because of a lack of talent, it’s laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

So who is everyone fancying to win the Championship at this stage?

The Nets looks ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do or die for the Knicks tonight.

Julius Randle has been disappointing in this series, compared to his regular season, particularly the run in that got them 4th seed.

Without a big game from him, it'll be a Hawks series.

• Advertisement

Coneygree wrote: »
    The Nets looks ridiculous

It’s looking like the 2 best teams are the Bucks and the Nets, with Philly not far behind, I think it’s one of those 3 and I have a sneaky feeling the Bucks might take the Nets. I keep thinking how much better they (the Bucks) would be if they had managed to land Bogdonovic though, Could be their biggest regret.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement