Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I'll go with the two dogs according to the bookies. As good as Lillard can be I can't see him having a repeat of the other night and I think that loss will have ripped the soul out of the Blazers anyway.

I've been fully on the Lakers are done boat since before the Playoffs began and unless LeBronto makes an appearance I'd expect the Suns to close it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Coneygree wrote: »
    I'll go with the two dogs according to the bookies. As good as Lillard can be I can't see him having a repeat of the other night and I think that loss will have ripped the soul out of the Blazers anyway.

I've been fully on the Lakers are done boat since before the Playoffs began and unless LeBronto makes an appearance I'd expect the Suns to close it out.

If Portland can make a fast start they might pull it out. Would be some game 7

There is a crazy stat about LeBron that he averages 33ppg in elimination games so you could be right Lebronto could make an appearance and AD could suit up too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Well AD is going try...

• This screams long-term AD injury.

He genuinely can’t move

• Advertisement

• And that's all she wrote.

Back to sleep, not even a full quarter in and it’s over

• Yikes.

Suns up by 17

• Booker 6/6 from 3.

22 points end of the 1st.

• 33 for Bookers at half-time.

• Advertisement

What is going on in this game...

• What the **** was LeBron doing there?

He just spent two defensive plays whingeing at the officials while his team was defending down the other end of the court.

What the **** was LeBron doing there?

He just spent two defensive plays whingeing at the officials while his team was defending down the other end of the court.

Just gave up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Booker having a great game. Earned his right to all that trash talking!!! Broke the Kardashian curse too 🀣
    Lakers recovered well after that terrible 1st quarter but CP3 came up big in the 4th and dictated the pace of the game. Calmness personified.
    Hope Suns get a deep playoff run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,274 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They were never going to recover from those injuries in such a way that they could sustain their normal playoff effort. LeBron put up some points in the series but clearly not himself and AD...yeah.

Delighted for the Suns. Likeable team and refreshing to see the franchise back in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Loved the trash talking by Booker and co at the end, I think they were only retaliating to the constant Lakers whining
    A podcast I was listening to yesterday where giving their top potential LeBron excuses if he lost the game tonight, was pretty funny
    Great to see Paul advance, what a player !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pjohnson wrote: »
    If they start an unfit Davis that has to leave early they're done for.

anigif_sub-buzz-21174-1545257432-2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's been time for a couple years now but now it's REALLY time for Portland to actually make some big changes. Been a few years of tinkering, making minor roster changes while maintaining a lot of the same main guys, and nothing's really gotten better while Damian Lillard has continued to age. He's not showed any signs of slowing down, and has actually still improved ever season, but his window is shortening and they've got to switch it up (and even sacrifice some of their future) to give him his best chance possible at a ring.

I think the main thing is that Stotts and CJ definitely need to go, the former has been coasting on "give it to Dame and see what he does" for far too long and the latter just isn't good enough as a second option, especially due to being so similar a player to Lillard that when a team can neutralise one they can easily take out the other with the same approach.

I don't really know what the answer is, and there probably isn't one that automatically gets Portland into contention, but big moves are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Loved the trash talking by Booker and co at the end, I think they were only retaliating to the constant Lakers whining
    A podcast I was listening to yesterday where giving their top potential LeBron excuses if he lost the game tonight, was pretty funny
    Great to see Paul advance, what a player !

Which pod was that? That I’d like to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

In the second quarter of the game last night between the lakers and suns with around 3 minutes and 25 seconds left in the second quarter, lakers were on the offence and Lebron was just chilling in the back court and didn't bother his áss to get forward and help his team mates with the play. I thought it was bad form and fairly damning for a guy thats supposed to be the goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭nerd69

Which pod was that? That I’d like to hear!

Pretty sure he heard it on bill Simmons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

A lot of talk on twitter about CP3 proving he was the real MVP

Did i just imagine the Denver series

Jokic was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

It'll never happen but it would be quite funny if Lillard demands a trade after all his talk throughout the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I hope Lillard doesn't end up at the lakes, but who knows !!

Not sure how it could even work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

This will be the first Finals since 2010 without LeBron or Curry playing.

Incredible really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Considering everything Lillard has said for years I think ideas of his waning loyalty are more towards his teammates and coach than towards the organisation itself. He's more likely to request major trades than one for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I can see the Lakers maybe going for both Lowry and Beal. I would be surprised if Lillard left after his denouncement of super teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

jk23 wrote: »
    I can see the Lakers maybe going for both Lowry and Beal. I would be surprised if Lillard left after his denouncement of super teams

Where do they get the money for Beal ? AD LeBron and Drummond take up most of the cap space. Very little to work with .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement