Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I don't remember saying the Bucks looked like title contenders. Butler was a no show and Miami in general were really bad.

Irrespective, they have been run off the court the first two games of the series. There should be a reaction to a team slipping 50 behind in a playoff game. And the Bucks don't have injury issues to cornerstone players to hide behind.

My post wasnt aimed at you just so you know and I agree they have been terrible. It's just the general feeling in the media a few days ago was that the bucks were 50/50 to beat the Nets and now they are completely inept after 2 games. The same thing has happened in every series this year to some degree.

I cant state my dislike for Skip Bayless, Stephen a smith etc enough. People say its harmless entertainment but their kind of coverage has dumbed down US sport coverage to an unbearable level. "WHY LEBRON NEEDS TO JOIN FORCES WITH THE GREEK FREEK" articles/videos gain 10x as much attention as actual analysis it's a downward spiral unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

no argument on Skip Bayless and the whole 'two men argue opposite positions of topic while faux moderated by attractive female host' style of sports talk tv. Absolute drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Middleton and Giannis combine for 79% of their team’s points, an NBA record.

Bucks needed that win so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Bucks needed that win so badly.
    They needed it alright, but their performance doesn't fill me with confidence. Flying start in the first quarter, then limped over the line in the end. If they keep going like this I can see them maybe winning another at home, then having their a$$es handed to them. No Harden. Irving, Durant and Harris combining for 21/61. And Bucks won by 3.

Top Dog wrote: »
    They needed it alright, but their performance doesn't fill me with confidence. Flying start in the first quarter, then limped over the line in the end. If they keep going like this I can see them maybe winning another at home, then having their a$$es handed to them. No Harden. Irving, Durant and Harris combining for 21/61. And Bucks won by 3.

I've put a significant wager on Brooklyn winning it all, but I think they win the next game and wrap this up in 5. I've been so disappointed by the Bucks. Bud's going to be fired and they're in a bit of a quandry now as they have no assets to trade unless they can get something for Middleton. The Bogdonovic thing is going to haunt them because they couldn't keep their mouths shut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As much as they haven't looked great so far they are only down 2-1. It's entirely possible they can improve and beat the Nets.

They are lucky not to be down 3-0 but they are right in the series again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Corvo

I was hoping this series would cause the Nets significant problems and would show signs of how (if they did get past the Bucks) the 76ers could beat them.

But I've seen nothing of the sort.

Agree with Butter, Nets stroll on to win the series quite easily imo.

Which means they'll lose the next 3 because I've cursed everyone lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,000 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm still confident in my bet of Jazz and 76ers winning.

More confident in the Utah side.

I'm still confident in my bet of Jazz and 76ers winning.

More confident in the Utah side.

I'm on the 76ers myself.

The seesaw that is Embiid's fitness has been most exciting.

I've said from long out that Embiid will feast on the Nets, but the problem is I don't see the 76ers stopping the Nets at the other end.

• Advertisement

I've said from long out that Embiid will feast on the Nets, but the problem is I don't see the 76ers stopping the Nets at the other end.

On paper they seem to match up quite well (defensively) but so did the Bucks. And Simmons lack of offence will really be highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trae Young and Bogdanovic had excellent first halves to keep the Hawks in it.
    They are down by five, fighting hard. It looked like the sixers were going to take off for a while but Atlanta dug in and you'd never know how this could go.

Unfortunately I won't get to see the second half as I have to bring a young man to football in the morning.

Bollocks...

Embiid's knee gone?

That was quite a hobble.

Crisis averted.

PHEW!

Gordon turning in an historically bad performance here. Can’t get anything right. Painful to watch.

I’m just watching the Denver Suns game now. I already know the score, I’m just watching it to see Jokic. The stat line he put up last night is insane. Pity Murray is injured.

Suns getting an easy ride thus far against two injured teams.

We’re also on track to have none of the last 8 from the bubble with us past round 2. It really took a toll on the teams that were in it through September of last year.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Gordon turning in an historically bad performance here. Can’t get anything right. Painful to watch.

To be fair, he’s playing out of position because of Murray’s injury.

Just watched Tim Legler do the post game on the Denver Suns game. It never ceases to amaze me that you have an articulate, intelligent ex-player who breaks down the game right brilliantly doing minimal main schedule work and then muppets like Perkins and Jackson seemingly never off the tv.

I wonder what Van Gundy really thinks of Jackson?

I’d watch the like of Steve A sometimes just for the dramatic over the top stuff that would give you a giggle. But Perkins really is the pits. I’d say he can’t tie his shoe laces

• Advertisement

Perkins would piss you off just looking at the cut of him. A right big daw.

Jesus between Mark Jackson and the muppets in the Sky Studio this is a tough watch.

“Player X is very talented at basketball, and a great person too”
    “I’ve known him a long time and he’s not just a great player, he’s a very fine young man too”
    “This is a simple game, all you have to do to win is score more than the other team”

That’s the level of crap we’re subjected to.

That was a travel there by Giannis. He landed on his 3rd step before getting that shot off.

That’s a bad ankle roll for Kyrie there. Hope he’s ok. If I had a penny for every time I did that…..

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

That was a travel there by Giannis. He landed on his 3rd step before getting that shot off.

So blatantly obvious too, surprised they let it go.

Jesus Harden is really carrying some timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

This feels like a proper hectic playoff game, it's taken a while but it's finally getting to that stage. 7 games of this would be ideal.

I have to be honest, I don’t know how the Bucks are ahead in this game.

Tucker got ball there but he also got KD on the body. That was a foul.

Kyrie out now, that’s a huge leveler.

That could be curtains on my bet on the Nets to win it all too.

• Advertisement

Brooklyn look clueless on offence since Kyrie went out. Bruce Brown (again) seems to think he should be the one taking most of the shots. Daft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement