Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/21 NBA season + Olympics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looks like we're heading for Suns Bucks Finals.

Be nice if the bucks got back to the finals fifty years after they got to their first one in 1971 and won it. The suns were in the finals in the early nineties and lost to the bulls so 1993 because it the bulls beat the Lakers in 1991 and Portland in 1992. Nice to have a bit of a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I hadn’t ever read the full details of the Chauncey Billups case before last night, it’s not a good read. Dare I say it’s not a good look for the NBA in modern times to have him and Kidd as head coaches. It’s particularly bad for Dallas after all the issues they’ve had and Cuban’s promise to change the culture there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,275 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A strange series in the East finals in a strange year! Could see Giannis and Young both out for the next one. Interesting to see who will step up on both sides. Williams and Bogdanovich were good last night, though Giannis going down ended the game as a contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Never did I think the Hawks would be down Hunter and maybe Trae and have a chance of getting to the finals.

Didn't look good for Giannis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NOT LIKE THIS!!
    :(

• Advertisement

Coneygree wrote: »
    Never did I think the Hawks would be down Hunter and maybe Trae and have a chance of getting to the finals.

Didn't look good for Giannis.

It doesn’t but no MRI had been done last I read but several in the bucs organisation are reported to be not hopeful.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

He should do the lottery after that good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Greek freak for real.

I didn't think it was a very serious injury tbh when I saw it.He'll sit out Game 6 but hopefully both he and Trae will be back for Game 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Beverly with a dirty cheap shot at CP3 there, very frustrating to watch that, no need for it, obviously words were said before that but of all people to get upset, Beverly has been doing nothing but getting in players faces all series, pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

CP3 was awesome, Suns are there.

They beat what was put infront of them. They could get a 4th series in a row with banged up opponents too. Written in the stars for the Suns!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Honestly how the fcuk is this CP3 first final appearance?

pjohnson wrote: »

Because he played his whole career in the West!

The Portland press conference for Billups was some car crash.

“You wonder why nobody **** with yo weak ass” - Boogie

He’s an unpopular guy among players at his level so has never formed a top 3 contender. He’s also never had as open a run before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Injuries for the most part, bottled a series at least once (OKC in one of his first years in LA) and as somebody else said he played in the west his whole career.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He’s an unpopular guy among players at his level so has never formed a top 3 contender. He’s also never had as open a run before.

What’s the quote from? And in what context was it delivered? I missed that completely.

What’s the quote from? And in what context was it delivered? I missed that completely.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQxb6E9DoII/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Giannis Brook Lopez is all I have to say.

Missed the game because some absolute knob swerved into the wrong lane and made another guy hit me, nearly crashed at 70mph crash, my truck got off ok, only couple thousand damage but guy that hit me is bad bad but guy that caused it all drove offf into the sunset…lol ah well could be worse
    I needed to vent !

Missed the game because some absolute knob swerved into the wrong lane and made another guy hit me, nearly crashed at 70mph crash, my truck got off ok, only couple thousand damage but guy that hit me is bad bad but guy that caused it all drove offf into the sunset…lol ah well could be worse
    I needed to vent !

Hope you’re ok dude, you got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Portland press conference for Billups was some car crash.

Not happy about it at all as a Portland fan, it was time for Stotts to go but there were so many better replacements available (both in coaching experience AND without allegations), D'Antoni is out there ffs. Realistically nothing will change until Olshey is removed and by then Lillard will be past his prime anyway.

Not happy about it at all as a Portland fan, it was time for Stotts to go but there were so many better replacements available (both in coaching experience AND without allegations), D'Antoni is out there ffs. Realistically nothing will change until Olshey is removed and by then Lillard will be past his prime anyway.

It’s very strange that with all the qualified candidates out there at the moment and especially given the current PC/woke climate that not one but two NBA teams would choose to hire guys with shall we say “chequered” pasts. It’s not like either has a great resume coaching-wise and it’s not like they’re the only person who could coach either team. I can’t see the Kidd thing working out as I’ve previously alluded to, but equally I can see the media in the North West being very unforgiving if things don’t go well for Billups. If Lillard leaves as a result of the backlash it would be a real cutting your nose off to spite your face situation for Portland.

Hope you’re ok dude, you got lucky.

Thanks, all good, I was surprisingly calm about it, could of been a lot worse

Sounds like I didn’t miss much with the game, it’s getting a little strange with the injuries now, You would think the Suns would cruise to the title if they play a Bucks team without Giannis or Hawks without Young

Did you forget about the time the league / then-commissioner David Stern vetoed a trade deal to pair him with Kobe?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did you forget about the time the league / then-commissioner David Stern vetoed a trade deal to pair him with Kobe?

That was a decade ago.

That was a decade ago.

So it never happened ??? Lol

CP3 annoys the hell out of me at times but it’s hard to believe whatever narrative is being pushed about him personally or what some player says, it’s all just noise, no one really knows. Cousins hasn’t exactly got glowing reports himself through the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,492 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

With Rajon Rondo eliminated this is the first time in 37 years Shaq, or a teammate of his, wont be in the NBA finals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement