Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to closed account

Options
  • 23-12-2020 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi, I had a company send a refund for a cancelled online purchase to the debit card associated with a boi current account that was closed about 2 months ago. I called the company already but they say the refund has been sent already so they can't do anything about it.

I've had a look for a suitable phone number for this but the closest I can find is a credit card services number. Could you please let me know the right place to call to get this refund corrected?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

CR 7 wrote: »
    Hi, I had a company send a refund for a cancelled online purchase to the debit card associated with a boi current account that was closed about 2 months ago. I called the company already but they say the refund has been sent already so they can't do anything about it.

I've had a look for a suitable phone number for this but the closest I can find is a credit card services number. Could you please let me know the right place to call to get this refund corrected?

Thanks.
    Hi CR 7

Thanks for reaching out to us on this. 

We would like to look into this further for you. 

If you could send us a PM with the below information and we will follow up on the refund with your Branch where you held the account. 

Your full name 
    Name of the Branch
    Contact Number 
    Amount of refund and estimated date of refund. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Hi CR 7

If you could send us a PM with the below information and we will follow up on the refund with your Branch where you held the account. 

Your full name 
    Name of the Branch
    Contact Number 

Many thanks,
    Alison

Thanks for your reply Alison, I've just sent the PM with the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

CR 7 wrote: »
    Hi CR 7

Your full name 
    Name of the Branch
    Contact Number 

Many thanks,
    Alison

Thanks for your reply Alison, I've just sent the PM with the details.
    Perfect, thanks for the info. 

Branch is checking on this for you and will you give a call. 

Alison

Advertisement