Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Nintendo World

Options
  • 23-12-2020 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭

As if I didn't need any more reasons to go to Japan.

The level of detail is amazing. Quick preview tour here from Shigeru Miyamoto (excuse the cringe). Looks amazing. Hope the interactive boxes are strong!

Will be opening in other Universal Studios over time. Only worry is that it looks quite small. I'd imagine it'd be fairly crowded very easily. On the list!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks cool, but as much as I love Nintendo, I think it looks like somewhere I would like to go as part of a trip to Universal Studios rather than going there for it. Interested to see how the Mario Kart works.

By the way, your embedded videos aren't working. to embed you just need the last part of the url. So for https://youtu.be/YrWWdDNYJHM, just put YrWWdDNYJHM between the tags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

It does look amazing, can't wait to go there. If its half as impressive as the Harry Potter section of USJ it will be great. It was seriously impressive (Even to someone like me who knew nothing about Harry Potter) and they design the worlds with a wonderful attention to detail. Also the interactive elements worked really well, so I am sure those elements will be great in SNW.

I believe there are early plans for a Donkey Kong themed section also.

I think the Mario Kart experience is going to be based on the previous VR rollercoaster that they had. When I visited in 2018, it was a Final Fantasy VR Rollercoaster. It was great, but quite a passive experience. VR has come a long way since then and the interactive elements of Mario Kart should be a perfect match.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    By the way, your embedded videos aren't working. to embed you just need the last part of the url. So for https://youtu.be/YrWWdDNYJHM, just put YrWWdDNYJHM between the tags

It is part of Universal Studios Japan, so probably why it looks small as it's only a section. A full on, Nintendo games/worlds only theme park would be very welcome from me!

As for the vids, doing it on mobile is a PITH so that's probably why. Will fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It is part of Universal Studios Japan, so probably why it looks small as it's only a section. A full on, Nintendo games/worlds only theme park would be very welcome from me!

As for the vids, doing it on mobile is a PITH so that's probably why. Will fix!

I just use swiftkey keyboard on mobile and have shortcuts saved for all tags so if I type yt1 it returns [ YouTube ] and then yt2 for [ /YouTube ]. I have the same done for urls, images and spoiler tags. Saves a lot of the hassle of posting via mobile.

https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-us/articles/212813085-How-does-the-Clipboard-work-with-Microsoft-SwiftKey-Keyboard-for-Android-

Advertisement