Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to charter that was highly offensive and provocative - now being ignored

Options
  • 23-12-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭

Why despite the considerable anger and hurt this issue has already caused is it that the basic tenets of the agreed changes are now being simply ignored?

Please note this follows from a fairly recent intense and long discussion in this forum

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058134585/1

That thread brought up the issue of changes to
    charter which had allowed a small number of posters carte blanche to basically say what they wanted from an farm animal welfare point of view - and that such comments were not allowed to be either discussed or challenged by other posters

The final outcome of that thread was that phrases such as "cruelty free" were allowed but importantly were not protected in the charter and are open to discussion.

Despite these changes - sadly it would now appear we are back where we began.

Today I posted a comment in a thread entitled "Cruelty-Free food for Christmas" and even did so as per the mod note from a vegan based perspective on 'cruelty free" - that there is no universal vegan or vegetarian agreement or understanding on such phrases in relation to food shopping etc.

I was banned for this simple comment.

So once again we have a situation where such discussion is not permitted contrary to the findings of the previous help desk thread.

What gives?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you have an issue with a ban start a thread in the DRP forum, help desk isn't for appealing a ban.

The matter you linked to above was done to death and I have seen no evidence in your post that it needs to be done again.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement