If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k TV deciding between LG & Panasonic

Options
  • 23-12-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to buy a 4K TV. Trying to decide between Panasonic TX58HX800B or LG LG 55UN81006LB.

Besides the size difference, is the Panasonic worth the extra. I'm happy to go with the Panasonic if it is indeed the better television.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

Looking to buy a 4K TV. Trying to decide between Panasonic TX58HX800B or LG LG 55UN81006LB.

Besides the size difference, is the Panasonic worth the extra. I'm happy to go with the Panasonic if it is indeed the better television.

Thanks for your help
    Hi thurlesdrunk,

Thanks for the post!

The Panasonic is definitely worth the extra over the LG. It has a great panel with a better processor for motion and also has better colour and contrast. The Panasonic also supports Dolby Vision and has better compatibility for apps such as Netflix and Disney+.

The only LG I would recommend above it would be the LG 55NANO866 at £799. This TV has a native 100Hz panel so is faster than the Panasonic, has a better Nano Cell panel and also supports Dolby Vision and has a great smart hub:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204766-lg-55nano866na-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Hi,

Thanks for your help
    Hi thurlesdrunk,

Thanks for the post!

The Panasonic is definitely worth the extra over the LG. It has a great panel with a better processor for motion and also has better colour and contrast. The Panasonic also supports Dolby Vision and has better compatibility for apps such as Netflix and Disney+.

The only LG I would recommend above it would be the LG 55NANO866 at £799. This TV has a native 100Hz panel so is faster than the Panasonic, has a better Nano Cell panel and also supports Dolby Vision and has a great smart hub:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204766-lg-55nano866na-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for you help David, and also for the suggestion for the LG 55NANO866. I'll have a look now and come back to you :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Thanks for your help
    Hi thurlesdrunk,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for you help David, and also for the suggestion for the LG 55NANO866. I'll have a look now and come back to you :-)
    No problem at all Thurlesdrunk.

Let us know if you have nay questions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.