Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Share Account EUR not GBP Cheque

• 23-12-2020 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

As part of Brexit, Aviva recently announced the ceasing of their share account service for non-UK resident shareholders with people given options including selling there shares, which I decided to do. They subsequently sent a cheque for the net proceeds which appeared to be denominated in GBP (the amount was prefixed by "£"). I lodged this to my current account as a GBP cheque paying FX commission. Aviva then emailed an apology that the cheque was in €

The cheque has now been bounced with another €8.50 fee for the privilege. Anyone else in this situation? Did Aviva refund the extra costs?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

homer911 wrote: »
    As part of Brexit, Aviva recently announced the ceasing of their share account service for non-UK resident shareholders with people given options including selling there shares, which I decided to do. They subsequently sent a cheque for the net proceeds which appeared to be denominated in GBP (the amount was prefixed by "£"). I lodged this to my current account as a GBP cheque paying FX commission. Aviva then emailed an apology that the cheque was in €

The cheque has now been bounced with another €8.50 fee for the privilege. Anyone else in this situation? Did Aviva refund the extra costs?

So Aviva wrote a cheque and then failed to honor it.... cancelling a cheque and replacing it is one, thing, but bouncing it is an entirely different matter. I would certainly pressure them to compensating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Sorry to bump an old thread. I was impacted by this too. Anyone here decide not to sell. How are you continuing to hold them and earn dividend on them. Im only starting to look into this issue now cant find much advice on line

Advertisement