Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Doctors fear for safety of vaccine volunteers" thread closed

Options
  • 23-12-2020 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Dear Mods

The quoted thread has been closed on the COVID-19 forum for no apparent reason. The mod involved simply said "This is not the Conspiracy Theories Forum" - this is despite the fact that there is no conspiracy mentioned - two doctors have filed an application with the EMA because they believe that they have sufficient reason for concern with certain vaccines. I have supplied evidence in my initial post, including attaching the statement filed by the two doctors.

This verges on censorship of certain uncomfortable facts and I believe that the closing of the thread was unjust.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from the Dispute Resolution forum as that deals with cards and bans

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I closed the thread in question. Two doctors making a claim which contradicts all the various authorities who have relevant expertise to consider safety issues and approve the vaccine remains a conspiracy theory in my book

You can of course seek to discuss the assertions made in the Conspiracy Theories Forum should you wish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

There's already a thread about concerns over the Vaccine in CT:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058134586

It's generally best practice to keep a discussion topic together, instead of splintered all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭8kczg9v0swrydm

Beasty wrote: »
    I closed the thread in question. Two doctors making a claim which contradicts all the various authorities who have relevant expertise to consider safety issues and approve the vaccine remains a conspiracy theory in my book

You can of course seek to discuss the assertions made in the Conspiracy Theories Forum should you wish

One of the doctors worked for Pfeizer for many years. The other doctor is a very big name in the medical field.

As I understand, the UK has just halted the use of the Pfeizer vaccine, the very same vaccine the two doctors have warned us about and the very issue I wanted to discuss.

Dr Tony Holohan is one doctor. If I started a thread disseminating his opinions, not an eyelid would be batted.

I think this modding decision is seriously problematic. All uncomfortable opinions are being shipped off to the CT forum, even if they are not CTs.

Also, is it possible to deal with a mod who is not judge, jury and executioner all at the same time? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

If you want to discuss the science behind the vaccines and perceived issues with it, I suggest you visit the appropriate Science forum - Health Sciences is probably the most apt one.

I don't think there have been any reports of the UK halting use of any vaccine, they have delayed giving the second doses to people and are altering the advised protocols by potentially giving a first dose of one vaccine and second dose of another one and/or waiting longer than advised to administer the second dose. This story in the Evening Standard sheds a bit more light on why they were holding back some Pfizer vaccines. The doses are now to be released for distribution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement