Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stray Cat

• 23-12-2020 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Came home at lunchtime today to see a small black cat (kitten) at our front door. Not aware of any neighbors with cats but it was crying so been christmas i went in and brought out a bowl of milk and some bread and gave it a few rubs.
    Shortly after id to go out for 3 hours, came back while ago and the cat sitting at my door, just managed to get in front door without it coming in with me but its outside crying since.
    What should i do?...i know its Christmas and as it happens ill be staying with my father for next few nights so therell be noone at our house . Ive no interest in having a cat full time and by bringing it in for an hour now ill have to put it out again and ill be gone for next 3 days as well.
    Do i just ignore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Theres surely an animal rescue you can contact, get on Facebook or Google and check it out, same happened me this time last year, hes currently lying in his bed fast asleep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Take in the poor kitten. She choosed you to be her owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

LuasSimon wrote: »
    i know its Christmas

The cat doesn't.

9rvM8Y.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

have you tried talking to it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You'll get better answers here op,Moved from after hours, read the charter before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Maybe if you say roughly where you're located there might be someone who'd like a cat?
    Hope this is OK mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The first thing to do is get it scanned for a microchip before you start trying to give it away. Vets should be open Christmas Eve. They might even be willing to keep it at least until you get back and you can look for the owner properly or a new home as the case may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

True!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Oh please don't leave it out in the cold. Even if you have a cardboard box and an old cushion or blanket to line it with. If you have a tin of tuna or such he/she will devour it.
    I have 2 cats myself and a stray was hanging around, I had to bring it in to my kitchen to feed it and get some rest in the warm.
    Even if you put it into a box and call into your local Garda stn they might be able to get an emergency no; for someone that can take it in even temporarily. Please, the poor cat and they hate the cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This is how I ended up with a cat, now she's loving life getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. Contact a vet or animal rescue and tell them you found it, they'll probably take it if you don't want it but at least give it some bit of shelter for the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭beachhead

Came home at lunchtime today to see a small black cat (kitten) at our front door. Not aware of any neighbors with cats but it was crying so been christmas i went in and brought out a bowl of milk and some bread and gave it a few rubs.
    Shortly after id to go out for 3 hours, came back while ago and the cat sitting at my door, just managed to get in front door without it coming in with me but its outside crying since.
    What should i do?...i know its Christmas and as it happens ill be staying with my father for next few nights so therell be noone at our house . Ive no interest in having a cat full time and by bringing it in for an hour now ill have to put it out again and ill be gone for next 3 days as well.
    Do i just ignore?

Please do not feed it milk.Cats are not natural milk drinkers.Especialy,kittens.Milk for animals is myth by humans.Maybe a neighbour will mind it til you get back.You have been adopted.Or,else it's the rescue centre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do i just ignore?

You're their hooman now, accept it!

beachhead wrote: »
    You have been adopted.

That would be funny if you weren't being serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

beachhead wrote: »
    Please do not feed it milk.Cats are not natural milk drinkers.Especialy,kittens.Milk for animals is myth by humans.Maybe a neighbour will mind it til you get back.You have been adopted.Or,else it's the rescue centre.

They know now that not all cats are lactose intolerant, that being the contra indication re feeding milk.

Milk remains a useful and acceptable and nourishing food for cats as it is for us.

Unless there is actual lactose intolerance.

NB I have only once had a cat who was lactose intolerant in nearly 50 years of cats..

And they love milk and thrive on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

This is how I found my cat or how he found me. 7 years later and he's my best bud, sleeps on my bed every night and wakes me up every morning for cuddles.

If you cant keep her contact the local animal rescue, they'll take her in and shelter her until they can find her a home.

As mentioned, do not give her milk on its own, milk needs to be watered down with tap or bottled water before you give it to her. Bread also isnt a good for kittens tummies.

Advertisement