Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good knockoffs of the Jelly Star Biscuit that used to be in afternoon tea ?

Options
  • 23-12-2020 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason this Christmas Im really missing the Jelly Star

?height=400&version=1793220
    this bad boy here.

When I was a kid there were definitely green ones too.

Does anyone do a decent clone of Irelands favourite childhood biscuit.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I remember the green ones too. The jelly star biscuit was what made Afternoon Tea special to a lot of people. I've never seen one elsewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hassetts bakery in Cork do their own version of the jelly star...don’t think they can be bought outside Cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭louthuser

https://www.ardkeen.com/shop/larder/hassetts-chocolate-jellystar-shortbread-150g this crowd sell packs of jelly stars. Out of stock at minute, but worth a look to see if them come back in and they deliver.

Advertisement