Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerko external oil boiler requiring to be reset

• 23-12-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,

I have a gerko external oil boiler. I understand this company is gone since around 2008/9.

It has on right hand side inside a toggle to set temperature and a reset button.

Every couple of days when you turn on time clock boiler doesn't fire up. When you go out you can hear it running. When I press reset on right hand side it fires and will run for 3/4 days before having to be reset again.

A plumber recently cleaned it out and serviced boiler said he changed photo cell, he thought this might be issue. After that it may be electrical issue.

Has any one seen this with these boilers before.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

yes

it may be as simple as turning down the thermostat to the left of that reset you are pressing at the moment

those stats run from 0 to 85 set at about 65 should be good

it may also be a circulating issue maybe pump or water/pressure but i dont think so with the time frame 3/4 days

try turning down the stat first port of call

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pablo don

Thank you for your reply, plumber has it set at 65.
    Any idea what else could cause it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

pablo don wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply, plumber has it set at 65.
    Any idea what else could cause it

turn it down a little bit more

maybe stat going faulty

3/4 day time frame doesnt sound like circulation

do you have to bleed any rads

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pablo don

jimf wrote: »
    turn it down a little bit more

maybe stat going faulty

3/4 day time frame doesnt sound like circulation

do you have to bleed any rads

Hi thanks for reply, I turned down hasn't happened in few days now. I recently got rads cleaned out could this have anything to do with it. Thanks for reply

Advertisement