Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I trim some videos in powerpoint

Options
  • 24-12-2020 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

Very much a novice here.
    I was able at one stage to download a video onto PP and then Playback/trim Video. Tricky at forst but then i got used to it.

Now I download a video and when i press Playback the Trim Video is grey. I can not access it.

I am doing something wrong but i do not now what.
    How come I was able to do it before but not now?
    The downloader thing is Youtube DLG and I did it with thie before but now I can not.

What am i doing wrong?
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are you definitely "uploading" the video into PowerPoint and not pointing it to the video link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

antodeco wrote: »
    Are you definitely "uploading" the video into PowerPoint and not pointing it to the video link?

Thanks for your reply.

You can not upload from online it seems. I think to trim a video you must upload it from 'this device'? I think?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sorry, when you post the link, it'll "insert" the video, but will stream. Downloading the video, and inserting it, saves it into the PowerPoint, allowing you to edit it.

Advertisement