Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I quit my 9 to 5 job and first month is great.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What I meant is that I'm sure there are beefs amongst yourselves on how to deal with the current situation.

Anyway, I didn't mean to offend. I know you from the nags forum and you're a good bloke. I'll remove myself from this thread now.

Ah no come on ... it's Christmas.

Don't be a quiter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭dublin49

The norm is the carrot dangled infront of the donkey trying to run up the hill

"We" are expected to pay 300k+interest on a brick box to live in. There is nothing to prevent said brick box costing a small fraction of that price but careful engineering by government policy (planning laws, lending restrictons and building regulations) most people are kept on the treadmill by the system.

I am sure you are probably correct about cost of housing ,thats the reality we deal with,in my opinion some people who profess a hatred of the rat race actually have issues personal to them,probably most common would be chronic anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Pcgamer wrote: »
    Anyone else do similar, with the company 8 years. I'm done with the rat race and never going back.

No more performance reviews, No more deadlines, No more pretending to like work colleagues, no more setting the alarm for 8am, no more been constantly tired, no more stuck in traffic(well I was working from home during covid), go to bed when I want, no more putting up with bull **** that I have zeroe interest in, no more pressure.

First month has been great and have enough savings to do me for five years but probably longer.

Now I have time to do what I like. I'm giving myself six months to see what the next step holds for me and decide what I want to do.

Might move to a cheap country for a while. Who knows.

Sold my car for 8k and bought a 1ltr for 800 euro. Will do me the finest.

Fyck you rat race office work never again.

We will see what happens.

Brave move OP. Best of luck, hope it works for you.

Now please use your time wisely and accept that xbox series X is the future.

Muppet man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

A scrounger? Nope.

Not too sound harsh but would you be lost in life without a job working for someone profiting off you? I'm sick of office politics and putting on a smile for people i dont even like.

I still may end up contracting if things don't go to plan and thats me getting a daily rate where i pick and choose where i go and can take six months off in the year if i feel like it. I'm not signing on or hiding 200K in a bank account unbeknown to the dole office or anything.

Why is there such negativity around the idea of "making money for someone else"? It's like people who say they "gave x number of years" to an employer. You didn't "give them", you were paid to be there.

The rat race if it exists would probably be defined as a financial trap from which there is no escape into the forseeable future without causing extreme upheaval or distress to oneself and dependents, the OP uniquely cannot opt of the rat race because by definition he is not a member,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

Been listening to 'Spent the Day in Bed' by Morrissey??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

All the big entrepreneurs spend their days making up stories on message boards, that's how you spot the real tycoons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Great another scrounger. Someone who can work but too lazy to.

I prefer to work and know my paye is paying for health care, education, police

Haha you think it goes towards that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dublin49 wrote: »
    I am sure you are probably correct about cost of housing ,thats the reality we deal with,in my opinion some people who profess a hatred of the rat race actually have issues personal to them,probably most common would be chronic anxiety.

So some people who hate the rat race possibly have chronic anxiety as a common factor. I wonder what else is common between them, that could be a factor in the cause of their chronic anxiety...

I did the rat race for a few years, but 90% of my employment has been shift work. Either the "normal" daily shifts between 8am and 10pm, or my favourite so far, the night shifts. I feel more productive at night, and drained during the day, regardless of rest beforehand. I'm naturally noctural I've figured out.

Indeed, I would be more anxious during the day, which I now know was caused by social expectations. Trying to fit in with the daily chore of pretending to care about the frivolous parts of peoples lives, or having to engage in my hated activity of gossip. Working and living nights has made my life better. Removing the requirement for social engagement on a frivolous basis is the best thing to happen to me. As some will know from my posts, I'm more or less a hermit with very limited social interaction outside of my immediate family, but I'm far better for it.

It's why the rat race is, like others, a genuine fear of mine and something I just cannot work. The traffic, the travel, the corporate boloxogy (which I'm still dealing with, but it's so much easier on nights when most other people are not working), the pretending to like those you work with.

Each to their own and all that, and no one has the right to judge anyone else on their lifestyle and choices, as long as they are doing exactly what they want to do, and are not a burden to anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

kona wrote: »
    Haha you think it goes towards that.

Some people are very naive. God bless them

• Advertisement

I say more power to you op, you have no commitments so now is the time to enjoy yourself. My man.

a 40/45 year work life is mostly a drag for a majority of us.Some thrive in that environment ,most endure and a percentage suffer,at times intorably,Its a game or a charade that you need to learn to effect concern,professionalism,loyalty ,etc that mostly you don't feel.The majority of us can pull it off but I understand some people really struggle with this deception and it challenges their very being to the extent that they cannot continue. I would imagine we have never lived in a better time for unconventional work arrangements if you identify the correct sector.I always felt those that changed jobs regularly were less emotionally involved and seemed happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

A scrounger? Nope.

Not too sound harsh but would you be lost in life without a job working for someone profiting off you? I'm sick of office politics and putting on a smile for people i dont even like.

I still may end up contracting if things don't go to plan and thats me getting a daily rate where i pick and choose where i go and can take six months off in the year if i feel like it. I'm not signing on or hiding 200K in a bank account unbeknown to the dole office or anything.

fair enough. apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

a 40/45 year work life is mostly a drag for a majority of us.Some thrive in that environment ,most endure and a percentage suffer,at times intorably,Its a game or a charade that you need to learn to effect concern,professionalism,loyalty ,etc that mostly you don't feel.The majority of us can pull it off but I understand some people really struggle with this deception and it challenges their very being to the extent that they cannot continue. I would imagine we have never lived in a better time for unconventional work arrangements if you identify the correct sector.I always felt those that changed jobs regularly were less emotionally involved and seemed happier.

I would love to give up work, im part time but do about 30 hours a week, i work in the public service. I dont have any loans or mortgage but do need to work to pay the bills. Im only in the job two years, have a tiny pension. Im the odd one out in work, i work with very young people, most of them have a very aggressive attitude towards the public who we deal with, they all curse and if you are a little different you are picked on, there is under current of bully type behaviour, you have to continually dumb down yourself in order to not appear to be above yourself. So many of them have short tempers and treat the public so badly, it is like this is their first chance in life to be somebody by being mean to people. I keep saying to my husband i am leaving. The pay is crap but when you are old you take what you can. wish me luck i get out of the kip.

brookers wrote: »
    I would love to give up work, im part time but do about 30 hours a week, i work in the public service. I dont have any loans or mortgage but do need to work to pay the bills. Im only in the job two years, have a tiny pension. Im the odd one out in work, i work with very young people, most of them have a very aggressive attitude towards the public who we deal with, they all curse and if you are a little different you are picked on, there is under current of bully type behaviour, you have to continually dumb down yourself in order to not appear to be above yourself. So many of them have short tempers and treat the public so badly, it is like this is their first chance in life to be somebody by being mean to people. I keep saying to my husband i am leaving. The pay is crap but when you are old you take what you can. wish me luck i get out of the kip.
    You sound like you just need a new job .I get if its the public service its hard to leave as the security of tenure is great,maybe checkout a transfer or a career break rather than severing your ties totally,

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brookers

You sound like you just need a new job .I get if its the public service its hard to leave as the security of tenure is great,maybe checkout a transfer or a career break rather than severing your ties totally,

Thanks, defo need new job, hard though to get them, not much around at the moment. My boss who is only new is also very aggressive, he has taken a dislike to the receptionist because she is in her fifties and stands up for herself. he just about tolerates me, even though Im a great worker etc, he would be much fairer to the staff who are late, call in sick and make mistakes. It is because he probably thinks Im well educated, speak well and the public get on very well with me, it makes him feel a bit uneasy. Im not an aggressive person and rarely curse in work. He would love if I left i would say. He wants to surround himself with people he can control. I have worked in various other departments and you get this type of behaviour across the board. I wasnt surprised when i heard that in Leinster House there was a lot of bullying of the office staff by the TDs and other senior staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You could get a small log cabin and a part time job. Nice work/life balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

You could get a small log cabin and a part time job. Nice work/life balance.

This is the dream. Make a bit of money part time then live somewhere way out with almost no expenses. No pesky property tax, uTility bills coming in, upgrading your consumer gadgets every year. All this is just designed to keep pressure on people so money keeps changing hands. We are just serving the economy for the sake of making the GDP numbers look good and high at the end of the year

This is the dream. Make a bit of money part time then live somewhere way out with almost no expenses. No pesky property tax, uTility bills coming in, upgrading your consumer gadgets every year. All this is just designed to keep pressure on people so money keeps changing hands. We are just serving the economy for the sake of making the GDP numbers look good and high at the end of the year
    And now is a good time to buy too. Some of them have come down in price this year with the option of paying 350 a month on finance. They're a lot nicer than most of the apartments you'd see on daft anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

A lot of people who retire at 65 are beaten dockets at that stage and end up with some serious health issuers quite quickly thus not enjoying much of a retirement.
    A huge amount to be said for retiring at 55 if you can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lumengg

You're my hero. Going to do that in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Summer2020 wrote: »
    You inherited a house as you say. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be in this fortunate position. So stop making out like you’re some kind of financial genius who’s cleverer than the rest of us who are paying mortgages.

I can't see anywhere where the OP gave that impression. Just said f**k the rat-race and now others' backs are up as they're heavily indebted obviously. To each his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I haven't gone into the office since covid. They won't allow remote working so I took unpaid leave.

I will go back when I won't be a threat to my parents picking up covid.

I am happy to be in a position not having to go either work.

But I will go back when things settle down.

I see the job as a means of paying the bills.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I can't see anywhere where the OP gave that impression. Just said f**k the rat-race and now others' backs are up as they're heavily indebted obviously. To each his own.

Who is indebted? I think the OP is misguided assuming that everyone who is employed is some kind of corporate slave. He also said the only thing stopping people going out on their own was fear.

For ref:

"Typical response of people who are an employee of a company and too afraid or don't know how to make money on their own.

I would bet my house you are an employee?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Antares35 wrote: »
    Who is indebted? I think the OP is misguided assuming that everyone who is employed is some kind of corporate slave. He also said the only thing stopping people going out on their own was fear.

For ref:

"Typical response of people who are an employee of a company and too afraid or don't know how to make money on their own.

I would bet my house you are an employee?"

Only said that when people were making fun of me saying I plan on setting a business.

• Advertisement

Only said that when people were making fun of me saying I plan on setting a business.

Well, you must believe it though?

Different strokes for different folks.... OP says 400/week would do him in self employed endeavour but he's hoping for 10 times that. They've no kids and seemingly don't see that changing.

No need to hate on the OP as they've a different outlook & financial needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Thats great for you been someone else's slacky.

I left a job with flexi time and 35 days paid holidays with health insurance, pension and annual bonus.

OP, good for you in your decision and all that but don't be so smug about it. Life has a funny way of teaching us lessons.

Nothing worse than listening to someone praising themselves.

Good luck with your new move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

LuasSimon wrote: »
    A lot of people who retire at 65 are beaten dockets at that stage and end up with some serious health issuers quite quickly thus not enjoying much of a retirement.
    A huge amount to be said for retiring at 55 if you can manage it.

Where did you find the stats on the 'major health issues'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What's your onlyfans page, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

xlogo wrote: »
    So much per year have you budgeted to live off?

I'd say he's living off "how to generate 6 figure monthly revenues by drop shipping" videos on Facebook, by the sounds of it.

Best of luck OP, you're only a few videos away from cracking it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd say he's living off "how to generate 6 figure monthly revenues by drop shipping" videos on Facebook, by the sounds of it.

Best of luck OP, you're only a few videos away from cracking it!

Clothes store is number one idea at the min. Nice profit on then.

Signing up to one of those courses on how to start a business in the new year hopefully. Will have a proper look in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

My brother decided to retire in his 50s and mnove to Portugal.
    He has already handed in his notice and will be going to Portugal to find a place to live as soon as covid allows.
    I wasnt sure he was 100% serious at first but he was.
    So i had a look at my finances and I think im going to do the same thing. At least maybe take a year off anyway.
    Been trying to work out how much im living off and its all over the place.
    I really need to sit down and go through where im spending money. Then I will know the income I need to replace.
    I spend an awful lot of money on sh!t :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

How about living in a cabin in the woods......like the unabomber?

🙈🙉🙊

How about living in a cabin in the woods......like the unabomber?

You wouldnt get planning permission here.
    There was some guy living in the woods for years up in Glenmalure.
    H was kinda famous. And nobody kicked him out, so i guess it could be done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I really need to sit down and go through where im spending money. Then I will know the income I need to replace.

Get a revolut card and it will tell you exactly where you're spending in the analytics section of the app. :)

Get a revolut card and it will tell you exactly where you're spending in the analytics section of the app. :)

I have a revolut card. It says "sh!t" as the category heading :)
    Actually its not so bad since covid. But I was flying off to Europe for boozing sessions at a couple of days notice and stuff like that. Total waste of money.

I reckon if I cut out that kind of stuff I could live very comfortably on €2k a month. Probably less actually. And thats including the ex Mrs mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

I’m in my very early 20’s and I already know that being a full time employee isn’t for me. Unlike most others of my generation I started work when I was just 13 and I’m still working now. I’ve worked 1 day a week, 7 days a week, 13 hour days, and 4 hour days.

I got my college degree that I’l probably never use and I’m making a decent amount of money now being self employed as well as working two days a week for an employer. Hopefully I’l grow a set in 2021 and quit the part time work and focus more on myself.

I hate the idea of dedicating 40+ hours of my week to making someone else rich. It’s just not for me. Obviously this could change but I’m young with no expenses so now is the time to take risks.

But at the same time I do see the appeal of a 9-5. There is a lot to like about a handy 9-5 job with weekends off, not much stress, decent pay etc. I always try tell my friends they should have two sources of income and should be doing something on the side but I wouldn’t put anyone down for being full time employees which I think is important as there are a lot of self employed people who think they are better than employees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭yagan

A couple of times in life I've had jobs I really liked but shuffles in management made them toxic. In one I dropped a letter into HR volunteering myself for any upcoming redundancy and it was as good as quitting as the headwreck managers ignored me from that day on. Knowing that they had no power to stop me quitting on the spot changed their behaviour towards me, but it was crap seeing them still be pricks to colleagues with families and mortgages who didn't have a plan B.

Once you've taken a break from the working world you start looking for the exit options in every future career choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Clothes store is number one idea at the min. Nice profit on then.

Signing up to one of those courses on how to start a business in the new year hopefully. Will have a proper look in January.

Nice profit on the ones you sell. Not so nice on the ones you don't sell or on returns.
    It all looks good on paper but expenses eat up a huge amount of that so-called profit. You mentioned earlier about a warehouse so you'll have rent, rates, heating, lighting and security to worry about for starters. Add in packaging and delivery logistics, computers, advertising and marketing etc. You'll also most likely need some staff and an accountant to keep things running smoothly. Those staff will be 9 to 5. You won't.
    Customs and Revenue will also need to be added to your speed dial :(

IMO you should have had that 'start your business' course and a plan for same under your belt before you jumped. It takes a lot longer than you think. BTW, does your 5 year living expenses include seed money for setting up your new business ?

Best of luck with it but don't for one minute think that it's as simple as declaring yourself open for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

There's a lot to be said for retiring early, it's something I have ambition's of doing but things like mortgages and living expenses get in the way

I remember reading a blog about saving money for retirement and it hit on one thing which I think is very underappreciated which is financial independence. Having the means that you don't need to work full time in order to get by

It doesn't necessarily mean you stop working entirely, especially if you don't want to. But like you say, you have the means to take a break and consider your options, maybe find something more interesting, or work part time so get a bit extra spending cash

If you're thinking about starting a business then I should warn you it's definitely not 9-5, more like 24/7. You'll really need to pour time and effort into it just to keep the business going, much less make it a success.

I'd also be a bit careful about starting a career in something you enjoy as a hobby or pastime. Once something becomes work, then it tends to lose the fun aspect. My advice would be to find something you find interesting and engaging, and also something that you're good at and is rewarding.

It could be worth sticking with the IT if you can do some contract work here and there? Easy enough way to make money and no office nonsense to deal with

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

yagan wrote: »
    A couple of times in life I've had jobs I really liked but shuffles in management made them toxic. In one I dropped a letter into HR volunteering myself for any upcoming redundancy and it was as good as quitting as the headwreck managers ignored me from that day on. Knowing that they had no power to stop me quitting on the spot changed their behaviour towards me, but it was crap seeing them still be pricks to colleagues with families and mortgages who didn't have a plan B.

Once you've taken a break from the working world you start looking for the exit options in every future career choice.
    Indeed. It's easy to keep trudging along in a job you don't like if you've been there for years. In my last job we lost a big contract, so they increased the targets on the other jobs to try and compensate, which resulted in more stress and a toxic work environment.

When it finished up I suddenly found myself getting almost as much money on the PUP for sitting at home. A 200 euro bonus for Christmas whereas I would have been lucky to get a 20 euro gift card in work. It certainly puts things into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

a lot of folks will stop working as they have experienced what its like to not be a slave. if your home is paid for there is no need to work unless you want holidays and luxuries. You can live off social welfare and eat well and heat the house & if you have a nice garden doubly blessed. Who'd be bothered !!

JimmyVik wrote: »
    My brother decided to retire in his 50s and mnove to Portugal.
    He has already handed in his notice and will be going to Portugal to find a place to live as soon as covid allows.
    I wasnt sure he was 100% serious at first but he was.
    So i had a look at my finances and I think im going to do the same thing. At least maybe take a year off anyway.
    I think taking a year off and travelling is the safer option.

A lot of sunny places are great to visit but living there all year round could get dull. We worked in Oz for a few years and lived in a coastal area popular with retirees and to be honest it put me off committing to the idea in the future. Even in the glorious sun when tourists aren't around the place felt grim, dull and depressing.

Then there's the retirement community politics which had one relative sell up out of Florida and come home to escape Trumpers! They're so grateful to be back in small town Ireland now and haven't stopped praising Ireland's covid response, as the place she had been living was riddled with anti maskers, anti mexicans etc..... When I'm in my old age I don't want to be anywhere where I'll be surrounded by complaining about how it was better in the old days.

Another consideration is what you can afford to live off now may not be enough later. We met a good few English who when they retired to Oz could well afford it on their pensions, but with GBP devaluations and rising costs of living in Oz their planned comfortable retirement lifestyle was now greatly austere and they were too knackered to even attempt another move. It's an extreme example, but a good reminder that even in retirement it's wise to have a plan B factored in too.

I know everybody is different but for a couple to be comfortable I estimate 30K NETT of rent or Mortgage will be required,
    10K for fixed bills like ESB,VHI ,WIFI,TV,,Insurance,ETC,
    10k for weekly Food,petrol,Medicine,clothes etc,
    10K for social life,hols ,unexpected expenses.

The 10k for Social life ,hols can be paired back but the other 2 dont have much fat on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Great another scrounger. Someone who can work but too lazy to.

I prefer to work and know my paye is paying for health care, education, police

I love posts like this. OP has money in the bank, the balls to jack-in a soul crushing job and a crab stuck in the bucket calls him a scrounger.

I visualize this poster gripping the steering wheel in traffic on the Naas dual carriageway, with a dead stare, fantasizing about Sally in marketing; wondering why he married his wife and secretly resents his children.

I know everybody is different but for a couple to be comfortable I estimate 30K NETT of rent or Mortgage will be required,
    10K for fixed bills like ESB,VHI ,WIFI,TV,,Insurance,ETC,
    10k for weekly Food,petrol,Medicine,clothes etc,
    10K for social life,hols ,unexpected expenses.

The 10k for Social life ,hols can be paired back but the other 2 dont have much fat on them.
    For myself I'd be subtracting car upkeep from my bills. I've seen too many relatives become housebound once their driving confidence ends. I'd be aiming for a retirement where I can walk to the shop and easily access public transport.

yagan wrote: »
    For myself I'd be subtracting car upkeep from my bills. I've seen too many relatives become housebound once their driving confidence ends. I'd be aiming for a retirement where I can walk to the shop and easily access public transport.

Nice ,I think in future there will be a move to mass car rental ,like the bike schemes now.The problem there unfortunately is the car market is a massive source of Tax so rental will either be expensive or be we will be caught somewhere else for the tax shortfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Yurt! wrote: »
    I love posts like this. OP has money in the bank, the balls to jack-in a soul crushing job and a crab stuck in the bucket calls him a scrounger.

I visualize this poster gripping the steering wheel in traffic on the Naas dual carriageway, with a dead stare, fantasizing about Sally in marketing; wondering why he married his wife and secretly resents his children.

To be fair, Sally is a bit special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yurt! wrote: »

I know right, the resentment of people amazes me.

I was chatting with the missus about this and we're raised to believe that we should work 9-5 doing jobs we often hate just to get a couple of weeks holidays per year and a few years in retirement at the end. We're told anyone who doesn't work is a waster or will go crazy with boredom

And when someone manages to break out of this, the first thing they get is abuse, says a lot about us as a society doesn't it

So I say good on the OP, and I believe financial freedom is something to aspire to, not something to resent in others

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement