Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE CHRISTMAS GREETINGS THREAD.

• 24-12-2020 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭

Hope everyone has a healthy and happy Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

whelan2 wrote: »
    Hope everyone has a healthy and happy Christmas

Happy Christmas to all. Love following the F&F Forum through the year. Ye are a great bunch! Keep her lit for 2021!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

Happy Christmas to you all,
    Hopefully this time next year some of our new vocabulary is long forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Best of luck to everyone. Enjoy the downtime if you get any. It's been a rough and tough year for everyone so keep the boards greased and ready for 2021.

2020 can go and fck itself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

From us to you....

537084.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Many happy returns to all the Mods, and to Buford too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Happy Christmas to all on farming and forestry a great forum where 99 percent of contributions are all nice and positive and very helpful compared to some social media sites are nasty and evil places.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I'll merge this thread with stickied one. I hadn't noticed Whelan 2 beat me to it. You've to be up early to beat a dairy farmer. :)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Have a good and safe Christmas lads and ladies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wishing you all a happy and peaceful Christmas.

We’re as tired here as I ever remember being, but thankful, kids are gone off to bed giggling and myself and herself are having a nightcap waiting on the santy fella to come.

The bereavement we dealt with this week leaves us with problems we will be dealing with for months if not years. But with a healthy family around us we can do anything. And remembering advice from an old boss,

“just deal with it like you would eat an elephant, a bite at a time, any other way and you will choke yourself”

Happy Christmas all, hope 2021 is much less interesting than 2020 for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Happy Christmas to all. It's a weird Christmas for many families including my own. Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Merry Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Happy Christmas to everyone, hopefully next year we'll all be able to celebrate properly, thanks to everyone for all the great advice given over the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Happy Christmas everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Stay safe by keeping the fire company :p

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Happy Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Merry Christmas everyone-

Santa brought a trampoline here so I’m only fit for bed now. He’s some man, the nuts (not those ones) were frozen to the table as he was assembling.

I hope it’s a great one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

May you all have a Happy and safe Christmas and get a bit of a chance to recharge the batteries for a few days.

Here's to a reasonably eventful first half of 2021 where bit by bit Covid figures reduce Worldwide and the vaccine rates increase and the World gets back to a semblance of normality.

With a bit of luck this time next year we will be wondering how we can have a day to day conversation without using the words 'Covid' or 'Brexit' in it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

I got a great Xmas present this morning, a negative Covid test result, had myself convinced it wouldn’t be so.
    Thoughts and prayers wit all the families missing someone from the dinner tables this year due to that cruel disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Happy Christmas everyone. 2020 was a tough year for lots of people and thankfully we made it through, here's to a (hopefully) better 2021 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Happy Christmas to all on f&f, I'm not the most frequent poster but love looking in and it's a great forum. Hope you all make the best of this strange time and are looking forward to a better year to come. Keep safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The original willy Wonka starting now on rte 2. Just finished Christmas dinner - at tea time- hope everyone had a lovely day. Stay safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Happy human holiday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Best wishes to all.

Safe to say I wouldn’t be farming today without being able to revert to the people on here.

I hope no one minds being referred to as being part of an online discussion group in the pic attached from this weeks IFJ.

One of many times people on here helped me make a decision on the farm.

Thanks to one and all and here’s to the little stretch in the evening we’ll see next week

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Happy Christmas everyone, and here's to a peaceful and prosperous new year.
    And if any of these characters recognise themselves from a trip to ACOT 's Johnstown Castle in 1985, well Happy Christmas to you too!

4mP8nQe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Bah humbug

Advertisement