Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massey Ferguson - your thoughts on this tractor

• 24-12-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

8130 massey, 1995, anyone ever had one? Do they give much trouble etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

The next version of 3655 i think ,not sure have they shuttle lever by steering wheel or not.basically back axle of a 2000 series with dynashift and perkins 1000 engine.open to correction but i think thats the basics. 8100 s dont have a great name but maybe it was the larger sisu ones caused that.your into 25 year old machines so have your spanners and sockets ready but the like of Massey salvage and yer man in Offaly means you can the kind of keep them motoring away cheap enough.you wouldn't want to be planning more than 500 hrs a year as you might end up spending a good bit of time spannering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

K.G. wrote: »
    The next version of 3655 i think ,not sure have they shuttle lever by steering wheel or not.basically back axle of a 2000 series with dynashift and perkins 1000 engine.open to correction but i think thats the basics. 8100 s dont have a great name but maybe it was the larger sisu ones caused that.your into 25 year old machines so have your spanners and sockets ready but the like of Massey salvage and yer man in Offaly means you can the kind of keep them motoring away cheap enough.you wouldn't want to be planning more than 500 hrs a year as you might end up spending a good bit of time spannering

So they were troublesome enough tractor then with bad rep, maybe best to stay clear,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

kincaid wrote: »
    So they were troublesome enough tractor then with bad rep, maybe best to stay clear,

Ah i wouldn't say that either,it all comes down to the history and its previous care but if you are dealing in 25 year old gear you going a few glitches.mind you you could have a few expensive s glitches with 10 year old tractors too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Good engine, great gearbox, really nice cab, enjoyable thing to drive. Wiring can cause trouble, bad earths especially. A good mechanic that knows them will quickly sort them. Anyone running 6100/8100 series locally will tell you who to get. It wouldn't put me off one if I found a good tidy one.

Advertisement