Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXX-113,332 ROI(2,282 deaths) 81,251 NI (1,384 deaths) (05/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is it tomorrow instead?

Duh sorry keep thinking today is Monday

No its Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Stheno wrote: »
    There is one tomorrow

There is on Tuesday I think and one would think that COVID will not be the headline item on the agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

niallo27 wrote: »
    I can't understand people giving the HSE a free pass on the delayed vaccination yet crucify johnny down the road for having 2 cars in his drive. Its actually the first thing the HSE had to do with regards this vaccine besides actually receiving it and there is delays already. Inept useless organisation.

How is rolling it out a day earlier than planned a "delay"

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Strumms wrote: »
    Completely, absolute toss bag. Anyone with half a fûcking brain could predict it.

How the sweet jeebus did he ever become an elected TD and then head of government, seriously ? The dogs in the street, every healthcare professional and more of us besides predicted it...
    OK i think at this stage we get it,your absolute hatred of Leo Varadkar has been demonstrated on multiple posts over the last number of months.Not that i'm a fan but talk about going overboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

hynesie08 wrote: »
    How is rolling it out a day earlier than planned a "delay"

Really.

• Advertisement

Really.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I can't understand people giving the HSE a free pass on the delayed vaccination yet crucify johnny down the road for having 2 cars in his drive. Its actually the first thing the HSE had to do with regards this vaccine besides actually receiving it and there is delays already. Inept useless organisation.

I agree its a f*ckup with the delay in administering vaccines but how the hell are the HSE crucifying Johnny for having 2 cars in the driveway. Reaching for strawing with that argument.

spookwoman wrote: »
    I agree its a f*ckup with the delay in administering vaccines but how the hell are the HSE crucifying Johnny for having 2 cars in the driveway. Reaching for strawing with that argument.

I never said they were. I said certain posters on here.

Yes.

They are one of the last countries in Europe.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

spookwoman wrote: »

I think he means posters on here giving out about neighbours, not the HSE?

• Advertisement

They are one of the last countries in Europe.

Cool, still not a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sorry misread the post

Cool, still not a delay.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Didn’t know NPHET recommended quarantine. Makes sense now looking back. If only they listened we probably wouldn’t be in this mess.

https://twitter.com/vickimahony/status/1343254264139960321?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Who gave out about 2 cars in a driveway? Please quote post as source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Cool, still not a delay.

If they planned to start vaxxing next July then technically that would not be a delay. I think the fact that we are starting later than most other EU countries is the point.

Didn’t know NPHET recommended quarantine. Makes sense now looking back. If only they listened we probably wouldn’t be in this mess.

What about people crossing the border, do we quarantine them as well.

Good one. If only we had a common travel area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yep and they also recommended government ban non essential travel back in the summer, but ignored that too.

Good one. If only we had a common travel area.

You never answered the question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Travel was accounting for a very very small % of the cases prior to UK strain. Our Aviation industry has been deciminated by Covid with the massive reduction in flights. People were supposed to be restricting there movements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭AutoTuning

I think it's safe to say almost everyone in the country has has a bad experience with the HSE over the years, hence the failure to start vaccinations immediately just comes across as yet more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If government were committed enough to it, they could have lobbied Belfast (with help of London) to implement similar policy. Maybe NI wouldn't be in as such a sorry situation as they are now in. The unionists have proven they represent a threat to public health, it's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There are such a tiny amount of vaccines being administered that a day or two is really not going to make a difference. I am not sure what the big fuss is.

There are such a tiny amount of vaccines being administered that a day or two is really not going to make a difference. I am not sure what the big fuss is.

Probably because close to half a million are out of work due to this “crisis” and we have vaccines sitting there waiting on people to get back from Christmas holidays and we’ll probably be operating Mon - Fri 9 - 5.

jackboy wrote: »
    If they planned to start vaxxing next July then technically that would not be a delay. I think the fact that we are starting later than most other EU countries is the point.

Exactly, not a delay.......

Considering there's already been possible issues in Germany with the storage and the UK have database and quantity issues, and the basic fact that some of the first group to be vaccinated are potentially still on a few days AL. I'd rather we take the extra day or two AS LONG AS that time is being used to kill any gremlins in the system..........

Hopefully we start vaccinating Tuesday and as we are plowing through it, we get the news that the next batch is on its way and we are ready and able for it.

You never answered the question.

Happy Christmas Niallo, If we had a common policy then they wouldn't be required. What would be important is that people from outside UK / Ireland quarantine. We don't have a border practically so we can't set policy. I think we should accept that reality sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Big drop in cases this evening

Probably because close to half a million are out of work due to this “crisis” and we have vaccines sitting there waiting on people to get back from Christmas holidays and we’ll probably be operating Mon - Fri 9 - 5.

So, if we open up every chemist and gps office 24/7 to administer the vaccine, how will that change the fact that we still will only have 30000 doses a week, doesn't matter if they're vaccinated by 2 o'clock Tuesday or Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

People are just itching to moan now. If they administered the vaccines a day early, they'd still find something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement