Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXX-113,332 ROI(2,282 deaths) 81,251 NI (1,384 deaths) (05/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

bb1234567 wrote: »
    At first I thought the variant might have been a bit exaggerated but the places where it is transmitting locally are California, South Africa UK obviously and here, and these places are expereincing the most rapidly deteriorating outbreaks in the world, seems like really bad news and worse than what USA or UK ever saw last April

Very. vaccines can't get out quick enough, haven't heard any news about the "Kent" variant is even a fraction more deadly.

Anyone have any updates on UK variant thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Wicklow graph looks terrible. Was doing great. Doubling time 1 day. Probably weird after Christmas effect. Slightly exponential.

538453.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Panic there too.

We're going to need to burn down the discos.

They are preparing to hang the DJ as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

screamer wrote: »
    I think it’s more to appease the lefty political parties than anything. Sure disgraceful that lads working their nuts off in the cold in very physical work should be paid so well when so many are on PUP. Construction is not a hotbed for transmission, and you want to see the hoops they’ve to jump through. Even today we were told the large sites were implementing weekly testing for all on site crews.

The government isn't going to introduce any policy to appease the opposition. If you need to blame somebody for the decision to shut construction, blame the ones that are actually doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    They are preparing to hang the DJ as we speak.

Would I be correct in saying Dublin's nightclubs haven't been open since March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

Buying a house due to be complete on the 18th Jan, just small items left like flooring and a few other bits. Am i safe to say they wont be done now ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Steve012 wrote: »
    Would I be correct in saying Dublin's nightclubs haven't been open since March?

Not just Dublin but all over Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

I think I've been reading and listening to too much Covid material today. I feel wore out. I wasn't worried at all during the March- Christmas period. I observed all regulations etc and continue to do so. But I'm dreading hearing of a variant that is resistant to the vaccines. I probably need to go to bed! Anyone feel more stressed this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Solar2021

eggy81 wrote: »
    Our first day back on site today in order to gain access we had to first agree to having a COVID test on site set up by the main contractor at, I assume enormous expense them. We had to agree to wear these new badges that send a ping to a server every time we move within 2 meters of another employee.
    Some new system that works through Bluetooth. 1 step before microchip I suppose.
    Gloves glasses mask at all times. Canteens spread out at 2 meters. Breaks staggered to allow for social distancing. Single file walking at all times 2 mtrs apart.
    Regular drone flyovers of walkways. 3 strike and you’re out system with the social distancing. Tbh the restrictions were massive overkill anyway given the size of the place relative to occupancy. They even created a full time night shift to split the workforce meaning giving half the workers four day weeks and time and a 3rd for every hour worked. Couldn’t have done much more I think.

If ye are eating in canteens, that's all for nothing

Virus is airbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Arduach wrote: »
    I think I've been reading and listening to too much Covid material today. I feel wore out. I wasn't worried at all during the March- Christmas period. I observed all regulations etc and continue to do so. But I'm dreading hearing of a variant that is resistant to the vaccines. I probably need to go to bed! Anyone feel more stressed this time?

Don't get stressed about the vaccines....

https://twitter.com/laoneill111/status/1346536628601434113?s=19

• Advertisement

Azatadine wrote: »

With all due respect to your good self but I think that bol*lix is a chancer. He told us all to initially enjoy ourselves last March. He's singing on RTE now on NYE and selling his book. And that permanent smirk. I can't stand him. I don't mind other experts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

I haven't seen it here yet, apologies if I missed it, but is anyone else more than a bit worried/stressed about Matt Hancock over in the UK saying that it appears the S.African mutation is even more virulent than the UK strain, and what is worse is they think the current vaccines won't work as the cell structure has changed too much? They have restricted flights from S.A and required anyone who recently traveled there to quarantine, but they have already seen it showing up in cases there. I don't know if we're getting out of this that easily. All this talk about vaccines rollout could very soon be moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

McConkey must be delighted at this Latest turn of Events.
    His unachievable dream survives .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

Don't get stressed about the vaccines....

Luke "nothing to be worried about" O'Neill

Feck it I'm going to watch an hour of comedy before bed!

Keep well everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What sort of melt do you have to be trying to make a gender balance point in the middle of a national emergency?

https://twitter.com/Luighseach/status/1346388148167843840?s=20

UrbanFret wrote: »
    McConkey must be delighted at this Latest turn of Events.
    His unachievable dream survives .

And George Lee...some revel in bad news. There's a happy medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Solar2021

Author is confident, that's all

Porton Down lab in the UK and many other BSL-3 labs are growing the virus right now

None of them are finished testing yet

Its all speculation and opinions till then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Solar2021 wrote: »

Virus is airbourne

Probably right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

Stateofyou wrote: »
    I haven't seen it here yet, apologies if I missed it, but is anyone else more than a bit worried/stressed about Matt Hancock over in the UK saying that it appears the S.African mutation is even more virulent than the UK strain, and what is worse is they think the current vaccines won't work as the cell structure has changed too much? They have restricted flights from S.A and required anyone who recently traveled there to quarantine, but they have already seen it showing up in cases there. I don't know if we're getting out of this that easily. All this talk about vaccines rollout could very soon be moot.

La la la la la la la la la la la

I can't hear you

La la la la la la la la la la la

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Solar2021 wrote: »

Virus is airbourne

And I know for a fact a lot of construction is no way as controlled as that. Many still travel together in vans, eat together, take masks off when supervisors not around.

The usual bull**** that's going on in other industries.

Aidric wrote: »
    What sort of melt do you have to be trying to make a gender balance point in the middle of a national emergency?

https://twitter.com/Luighseach/status/1346388148167843840?s=20

An unbelievable obsession. Talk about missing the big picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Aidric wrote: »

Now now, we have to tackle the mandemic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

It's amazing to me that people still spout this sh!te about "show me the science that x sector causes cases". Remember back in the old days when the GAA demanded to speak to Ronan Glynn.
    People gathering causes cases. Every sector requires some gathering of people. We're currently in a massive spike of cases. We need gatherings big and small to stop as much as is possible.

Big difference between supporters hugging and kissing players and each other and then heading to the pub to celebrate a county final win as happened numerous times over the summer and construction sites where masks are worn and work is mainly outdoors.

So yes show us the science that construction sites (not anything else) are major drivers of infection, including in low infection counties.

If the science is obvious then it shouldn't be too hard to demonstrate it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wicklow graph looks terrible. Was doing great. Doubling time 1 day. Probably weird after Christmas effect. Slightly exponential.

538453.png

Back to 86 cases today, not heard of any local clusters but something is definitely stirring. Won't get a true reflection until the backlog is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Yep! Completely wore out from doing the right thing. Working throughout and to be back here again repeating history having learned nothing .. sole destroying

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Yep! Completely wore out from doing the right thing. Working throughout and to be back here again repeating history having learned nothing .. sole destroying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Feck it I'm going to watch an hour of comedy before bed!

Keep well everyone.

RTE 2....The Terror

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

RTE 2....The Terror

A press conference at this hour of the evening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

prunudo wrote: »
    Back to 86 cases today, not heard of any local clusters but something is definitely stirring. Won't get a true reflection until the backlog is cleared.

Yeah numbers all over the place at the moment. I wouldn't read much into it, it just looked bonkers. Was having a look to see if there are local variations. Most places following the same curve as the national one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement