Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Last Person Standing January Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Green&Red wrote: »
    A domestique is a kinda grunt who does all the hard work up to a point and then lets the real star of the team take over to take the win
    [/B]

A farmer friend told me once that there was a similar thing in breeding cows. He had a poor little pony whose job was to go into the cows and get them all excited, then he would take out the pony and put the bull into the pen to do the actual deed. Sounded awful for the poor pony. And I didn't really want to get too far into the ins and outs of the process so to speak so I left it there. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I forgot to say that one contestant reckons it should be called Last Woman Standing because its a foregone conclusion that a woman will win

There are a few who gender I don't know but I can see six women left so the odds aren't with them
    Whoever said that to you tell them 'don't get your knickers in a twist, Love' :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

But what's not too ridiculous.

WHAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    A farmer friend told me once that there was a similar thing in breeding cows. He had a poor little pony whose job was to go into the cows and get them all excited, then he would take out the pony and put the bull into the pen to do the actual deed. Sounded awful for the poor pony. And I didn't really want to get too far into the ins and outs of the process so to speak so I left it there. :confused:
    That's a tangent I wasn't expecting :D

Clarabel wrote: »
    But what's not too ridiculous.

WHAT
    9Lng.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Yep that was my lot in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

That is a job, it’s for horses but the rest is spot on, can’t have the thoroughbred putting in the ground work

My husband refuses to talk with me about this quiz anymore because he says the questions are too arbitrary and there's no way to know the right answer most of the time. So I have resigned myself to picking a random number that doesn't sound too ridiculous on those days when I haven't anything to base my answer on. :D (like today)

I would argue that every question has some element that can be worked out logically

In this one, what was the average wage in 1996 and where did a semi-pro bike rider fit into the average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sounds like a story from Coppers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That is a job, it’s for horses but the rest is spot on, can’t have the thoroughbred putting in the ground work

You're right, it was horses. I'm mixing it up coz he also showed me the breeding catalogue for all the bulls and that was horrific. They looked like cow forms of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

• Advertisement

Those bulls have to be their best them

Nobody wants the scrawny cow

Submitted my answer

Then asked a mate who's well into cycling, he did not agree with me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I don't read many autobiographies, I'd say Roy Keane's was the last one I read, apart from cycling, love a good cycling book

I think cycling is the toughest sport there is and you have to be a bit mental

A domestique is a kinda grunt who does all the hard work up to a point and then lets the real star of the team take over to take the win

Charly Wegelius's autobiography is called "Domestique" - in 1996 he signed a semi-pro contract with a club called Vendee U, what was his monthly salary in £ sterling?

so many unknown words. . .

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Excuse me Vot iss diss sterling of vich you speak???

Excuse me Vot iss diss sterling of vich you speak???

He was paid in cigarettes of course

250px-Sterling_King_Size_%28Full_Flavour%29.jpg

Today is the largest difference between lowest and highest guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Oh dear

Purgative wrote: »
    Oh dear
    Not at all - the bigger the difference the bigger the safety zone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I forgot to say that one contestant reckons it should be called Last Woman Standing because its a foregone conclusion that a woman will win

There are a few who gender I don't know but I can see six women left so the odds aren't with them

Maybe neither Man nor Woman will emerge victorious and a Non-Binary player will achieve the win. The odds are probably lesser again, but a 1 in 31 chance, at the very least.

Maybe neither Man nor Woman will emerge victorious and a Non-Binary player will achieve the win. The odds are probably lesser again, but a 1 in 31 chance, at the very least.
    Stand back everyone! This carbon-based lifeform is going all the way :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Asking for a friend.

How much does a Vendee U pro cyclist get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Those bulls have to be their best them

Nobody wants the scrawny cow

I think the equality authority should get onto this. Nobody wants a scrawny kid either but imagine if humans played that game.

Wait, maybe they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Jays! I think the wheels will be coming off my bike.

Stand back everyone! This carbon-based lifeform is going all the way :cool:

And let's not forget the resident Bionic man

Just waiting on the last four

cj maxx
    khalessi
    Sephiroth_dude
    ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

cj maxx
    khalessi
    Sephiroth_dude
    ShaneU

Not me, not me, not me. Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cj maxx
    khalessi
    Sephiroth_dude
    ShaneU

Entered, I think I might be at the extreme end of this:(

cj maxx
    khalessi
    Sephiroth_dude
    ShaneU
    Here's two of them coming now, Greeny...

6ed8f4d128155246d8c27e47800364bca95b8981.gifv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,474 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

cj maxx
    khalessi
    Sephiroth_dude
    ShaneU

Was khalessi not knocked out yesterday?

Greenie's waiting on Ghosts... :pac:

Advertisement