Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Last Person Standing January Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just waiting on Lough C and Seph to come in with their answers, Seph has a pass but I'll give Lough a chance, we're a good bit into the comp now so I know its not flakiness

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just waiting on Lough C and Seph to come in with their answers, Seph has a pass but I'll give Lough a chance, we're a good bit into the comp now so I know its not flakiness

Give me 2 secs. Tough day in the office.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And sent.

For ordinary smohs like me what % does swim mechanics make up in my performance?

So majority of you assumed that the % would drop BUT if you think about it.

You go swimming and theres some huge lad swimming beside you and hes gliding through the water. He's not fit, hes using all his technique to propel him. You can be as fit as you like but if you don't have the technique you're f**ked.

Clarabel wrote: »
    What made you decide to learn how to swim?

The actual answer to this is that I wanted to do a triathlon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Uh oh, I fear my thin ice is getting thinner......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So majority of you assumed that the % would drop

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I thought it might go up but really didn't know so tried the tactic of staying still, assuming people would move both ways and leave me safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

I thought it might go up but really didn't know so tried the tactic of staying still, assuming people would move both ways and leave me safe...

That's genius

I'm scared

So the actual answer was 90%, Collie was bang on

Osh and Cee_jay joint bottom so they both live to fight another day, its my favourite type of result

Collie D 90
    Clarabel 89
    Electric Nitwit 70
    Reberetta 50
    Toto Wolfcastle 47
    BuileBeag 46
    Purgative 45
    cj maxx 45
    rainbowtrout 45
    Kolido 43
    Zaph 42
    Mollyb60 40
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 40
    Irish Aris 40
    duffman13 40
    ShaneU 40
    hurlingman97 40
    Posy 38
    KathleenGrant 38
    Shorty69664 35
    Pawwed Rig 35
    HeidiHeidi 35
    Trigger 33
    Loughc 33
    wrestlemaniac 31
    cee_jay 30
    Osh 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I might be out here

• Advertisement

I too am scared. Very scared.
    I was thinking you needed the mechanics to be elite. You needed the correct technique and regular smohs wouldn't have that so they'd be relying on whatever fitness they had to propel them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've now officially given up trying to understand how this game works :(

Oh phew!

Osh and Cee_jay joint bottom so they both live to fight another day, its my favourite type of result

cee_jay 30
    Osh 30
    tenor.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So are there 2 people going out tomorrow?

Day 14 and I still don't know the rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Boot them both! Boot them both! Boot them both!

I like the two of them, but draws are boring... :pac:

I went lazy and just flipped the percentages. Mental note not to do that again 😅

I’d also agree with boot us both. But your rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So the actual answer was 90%, Collie was bang on

Collie D 90

I did say I liked this question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

He makes the rules up aa he goes along......much like the answers to his quiz.

• Advertisement

Yeah, osh and cee_jay have a little playoff first. Worst gets kicked out, best goes into the main pot for the proper elimination

Yip, one of Osh and CJ go out first and then a second person

osh wrote: »
    I went lazy and just flipped the percentages. Mental note not to do that again ��

Draws are exciting because we get a mini-playoff tomorrow

It can happen at any time tomorrow, whenever they both get their answer in

Yeah, osh and cee_jay have a little playoff first. Worst gets kicked out, best goes into the main pot for the proper elimination

Ah okay, now I get it...

That's fair enough, disregard my previous post...

Stay of Execution! Stay of Execution! Stay of Execution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

For ordinary smohs like me what % does swim mechanics make up in my performance?

You go swimming and theres some huge lad swimming beside you and hes gliding through the water. He's not fit, hes using all his technique to propel him. You can be as fit as you like but if you don't have the technique you're f**ked.

:confused::confused::confused: That doesn't make sense

But what about the lad that is fit, just shite at swimming? Surely it's their fitness that's getting them through it?

Oh right so whichever of us finishes worst next round is out? Fair enough so

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I too am scared. Very scared.
    I was thinking you needed the mechanics to be elite. You needed the correct technique and regular smohs wouldn't have that so they'd be relying on whatever fitness they had to propel them.

I can't swim, so I had bugger all to go on and no frame of reference to even attempt a thought process. This was essentially another dairy farming question for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

:confused::confused::confused: That doesn't make sense

But what about the lad that is fit, just shite at swimming? Surely it's their fitness that's getting them through it?

But the basic point of swimming is not to drown. You can be as fit as you like but if you don’t have some sort of technique you’re in trouble. Now if you want to start racing you get fitter.

Zaph wrote: »
    I can't swim, so I had bugger all to go on and no frame of reference to even attempt a thought process. This was essentially another dairy farming question for me. :D

I can swim... pretty well... but I learned as a child before I understood the meaning of the word technique... and I hadn't the foggiest...

Think its one of those cases of once you know how to do something you think there's f*ck all to it. Me earlier today: Technique? What technique? Kick your legs and swoop your arms... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Zaph wrote: »

Something like this?

4f5b1a90c575530b341cbbe71dc3d531.jpg

Advertisement