Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Last Person Standing January Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Clarabel wrote: »
    Anyone wanna take a brown envelope?

Considering you can't win the competition and you are a floater.

No

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Clarabel wrote: »
    I visited in my 2nd or 3rd week in the country. Back in 1998, I was terrified I was gonna get blown up, murdered. I wouldn't look anyone in the eyes. Then I got there and was blown away by how gorgeous it is!

When I moved up my da thought it was height of hilarity to sing Amhrán na Bhfiann at the top of his voice out the window of the car. as we drove around the city lost. I was equal parts terrified and mortified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Speaking as a resident, Belfast is delightful now (I mean in general, not currently cos everywhere is a ****hole when nothing is open) and I would highly recommend that everyone come visit. There's barely any murders here at all these days. :D

Nothing against Belfast personally and have been a few times but most other cities in the world would distance themselves from an unsinkable ship that went down on its first voyage rather than build their tourist industry around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Collie D wrote: »
    Nothing against Belfast personally and have been a few times but most other cities in the world would distance themselves from an unsinkable ship that went down on its first voyage rather than build their tourist industry around it.

It's doing mighty well off the back of it though!

Could be seen as a stroke of genius! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

2019-Printed-Men-T-Shirt-Cotton-Short-Sleeve-Titanic-She-was-fine-when-She-left-here.jpg

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »

If the only other thing you're known for is trying to blow each other up, I think the guys here were right to focus on the most famous sunken ship in the world as a tourist attraction. And as they love to say here, it was fine when it left the port! Not our fault it sank. That was the Brits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

If the only other thing you're known for is trying to blow each other up, I think the guys here were right to focus on the most famous sunken ship in the world as a tourist attraction. And as they love to say here, it was fine when it left the port! Not our fault it sank. That was the Brits.

Fair points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Trigger wrote: »
    Considering you can't win the competition and you are a floater.

No

But it'd be free money if that was the case

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

When I moved up my da thought it was height of hilarity to sing Amhrán na Bhfiann at the top of his voice out the window of the car. as we drove around the city lost. I was equal parts terrified and mortified.
    I hope ye weren't driving around Sandy Row. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I hope ye weren't driving around Sandy Row. :pac:

Not too far away from there actually. It was an interesting journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I lived in Belfast for a couple of years, loved it, great city

Anyway, to the results

First Osh went for 28 and Cee_jay went for 36, so not a big difference but who was closer??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Oh talk about leaving us hanging!

So the correct answer was 25 months, decision made June '36 and President Hyde came into office June '38

So we say goodbye to Cee-Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

I read somewhere that the longest drumroll was 2 minutes 47 seconds.

Just saying loike :P

So for a long time it looked like Trigger had overshot the runway with 97 months but then right at the end CJ Maxx swooped in with a guess of 13 years. Now I know civil servants have a bad name but jees.

Johnny foreigner Clarabel was closest

ShaneU 6
    Mollyb60 9
    Sephiroth_dude 10
    Pawwed Rig 11
    hurlingman97 11
    Loughc 12
    BuileBeag 13
    Toto Wolfcastle 13
    Kolido 17
    Zaph 17
    rainbowtrout 18
    Purgative 20
    Electric Nitwit 23
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 23
    Clarabel 24
    Osh 28
    Irish Aris 30
    cee_jay 36
    HeidiHeidi 36
    Shorty69664 48
    Collie D 50
    KathleenGrant 50
    Posy 55
    wrestlemaniac 59
    duffman13 61
    Reberetta 90
    Trigger 97
    cj maxx 156

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Green&Red wrote: »
    So for a long time it looked like Trigger had overshot the runway with 97 months but then right at the end CJ Maxx swooped in with a guess of 13 years. Now I know civil servants have a bad name but jees.

ShaneU 6
    Mollyb60 9
    Sephiroth_dude 10
    Pawwed Rig 11
    hurlingman97 11
    Loughc 12
    BuileBeag 13
    Toto Wolfcastle 13
    Kolido 17
    Zaph 17
    rainbowtrout 18
    Purgative 20
    Electric Nitwit 23
    Clarabel 24
    Osh 28
    Irish Aris 30
    cee_jay 36
    HeidiHeidi 36
    Shorty69664 48
    Collie D 50
    KathleenGrant 50
    Posy 55
    wrestlemaniac 59
    duffman13 61
    Reberetta 90
    Trigger 97
    cj maxx 156

Oh dear, rooting for Trigger from now on

Lmao totally misread the question.. knew the year that Hyde was elected but misread the question as the constitution was re-written in 1930.. :pac: holy crap that was too close for comfort.. need to take my time tomorrow

Green&Red wrote: »

Electric Nitwit 23
    Clarabel 24

Aaahh, so close!
    Delighted with that as it was a straight up guess :)

Surely the Pass should go to someone else as Clara is a ghost player? As in she can't win as she joined in too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Wow, was expecting to go out, I really had no idea. Not consciously anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Surely the Pass should go to someone else as Clara is a ghost player? As in she can't win as she joined in too late?

Its true she can't win the comp and the trip to Colombia but hey, she can at least win the green jersey a couple of times :D

Good point. It said nearest unique player. Next nearest are me and ALSB. We're both unique, we both get a pass :D

Not to be 'THAT GUY' but didn't they change the constitution in June 37 and Hyde was elected in June 38? So it would actually be 12 months?

Not to be 'THAT GUY' but didn't they change the constitution in June 37 and Hyde was elected in June 38? So it would actually be 12 months?

That's what I thought. So I went 13 to be the nearest unique answer. :( I'll never get a bye!!

The decision to change it was June 5th ‘36

RTFQ Molly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

This is why is asked for clarification this morning. G&R said from when the executive council decided to change the constitution...

cee_jay wrote: »
    This is why is asked for clarification this morning. G&R said from when the executive council decided to change the constitution...

Aaahh read ALL the thread! Doh!

Yeah I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about this but the question really wasn't clear then. I took it that the decision was made when the country voted and the Dáil passed the bill.
    But anyway, I'm still in so onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Aaahh, so close!
    Delighted with that as it was a straight up guess :)

When in doubt I tend to just go with 23 and I didn't have a clue what the right answer was. Two-ish years did sound reasonable though.
    Good point. It said nearest unique player. Next nearest are me and ALSB. We're both unique, we both get a pass :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about this but the question really wasn't clear then. I took it that the decision was made when the country voted and the Dáil passed the bill.
    But anyway, I'm still in so onwards and upwards.

Well that’s just impossible, the question asked when the decision was made to rewrite the constitution, by the referendum it had been rewritten

Advertisement