Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Last Person Standing January Quiz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Trigger wrote: »
    I'd just feck them all out.. but thats just me.. its your game

*feck em all out*
    4scqym.gif

Purgative wrote: »
    Ted, we'll miss ya ;)
    Speak for yourself :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I've just received a text off Seph, he has lost access to Boards & I have send in his answer tomorrow.

Nice try tedo!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I've just received a text off Seph, he has lost access to Boards & I have send in his answer tomorrow.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29szy1g7ic6p1x1z2a7wzmglr0v73dyul8c8fn7hjk&rid=giphy.gif

Purgative wrote: »
    Ted, we'll miss ya ;)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2965jzidy6knlvg4tzpr89dq0b0aqbfp4tbv8ojy0i&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Huge spread of answers there! I love that one bad day can kick you out so no one can run away with it too early.

Huge spread of answers there! I love that one bad day can kick you out so no one can run away with it too early.
    Being the second worst every day will get you to the final :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trigger wrote: »
    I'd just feck them all out.. but thats just me.. its your game

*feck em all out*

8BE1EF9757E077C017D4A5A2661E941C74C0185C

So Day 3

If a person can bench press a maximum of 100kg in one rep.

So do one rep and they are done, not able to lift a second rep at 100kg.

What is the maximum weight the same person can do 7 reps of?

Answers to two decimal places please

Also apologies to Rainbow, I think it was you who sent me an essay on the last question and I meant to post it but accidentally deleted it
    If you send it to me again I'll post it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

This question seems like it should be easy......... Is it a trick......... I must be missing something........ Going to have to think about this for a while.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47bklacpyuohcytjaqgwcr6q0ptui2vi75zwix678l&rid=200w.webp

OK I feel like I'm not using the words that are in my brain to adequately express my question

The answer is not 1/7th

A person goes into a gym in a rush, only has time to do ONE benchpress. They put on 100kg because that is the max they can lift. They wouldn't be able to lift 101kg and they wouldn't be able to do a second lift at 100kg.

The next week the same person goes back to the gym, they have more time, they want to do seven lifts this time, what is the max weight they could lift seven times but wouldn't be able to do the 8th time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yeah, that hasn't helped.....

:confused:

I've got it!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Green&Red wrote: »
    OK I feel like I'm not using the words that are in my brain to adequately express my question

The answer is not 1/7th

A person goes into a gym in a rush, only has time to do ONE benchpress. They put on 100kg because that is the max they can lift. They wouldn't be able to lift 101kg and they wouldn't be able to do a second lift at 100kg.

The next week the same person goes back to the gym, they have more time, they want to do seven lifts this time, what is the max weight they could lift seven times but wouldn't be able to do the 8th time

Oh now i have it

It= a headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The answer is not 1/7th

giphy.gif

Poor Greenie :p
    I understand the question. Not a clue what the answer is but I understand the question

Anybody have weights at home and want to do the research for me? Heaviest thing i lift is the bucket of sticks for the stove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Anybody have weights at home and want to do the research for me? Heaviest thing i lift is the bucket of sticks for the stove.
    Oh yes, I work out religiously :cool:
    I lift the weights and say 'God Almighty, that's heavy!' :pac:

Oh yes, I work out religiously :cool:
    I lift the weights and say 'God Almighty, that's heavy!' :pac:

:D

How many sticks do you have to take out of the bucket before you can lift it seven times? ;)

How many sticks do you have to take out of the bucket before you can lift it seven times? ;)

All of them?

giphy.gif

:pac:

I will answer that as soon as i drag myself out of bed to lift it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The answer is not 1/7th

I still don’t get it. I don’t get why time is a factor in how much weight they can lift

I still don’t get it. I don’t get why time is a factor in how much weight they can lift

It takes longer to lift 7 times than it would 1, therefore lift once while in a rush. Its just a hypothetical situation to help explain

In fairness im still trying to figure it out myself, though I think I have got it

Well because they could go into the gym every day and lift 100kg once

They are doing the seven lifts together, so they'll be tired by the time lift seven comes. Its why they won't be able to lift an eighth time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’m really looking forward to this reveal as this question has me completely bamboozled. Definitely living in hope that one person is worse than me.

• Advertisement

Well because they could go into the gym every day and lift 100kg once

They are doing the seven lifts together, so they'll be tired by the time lift seven comes. Its why they won't be able to lift an eighth time

So is it the same weight 7 times or is it 100 the first time and working back per lift.

Wish i had done physics instead of chemistry in school.

Advertisement