Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank and an post

• 25-12-2020 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can set up a savings account with ulster bank and lodge money into the account through an post?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

An post does AIB transactions

Dunno if they do anything else, don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭pgj2015

An post does AIB transactions

Dunno if they do anything else, don't think so

Your bank may not always have a branch that’s convenient for you, so why not use the post office? We have more than 900 post offices across the country, providing a range of banking services for AIB, Ulster Bank and Danske Bank customers from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and from 9am to 1pm on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can set up a savings account with ulster bank and lodge money into the account through an post?

Setting up a savings account with Ulster Bank at the moment runs the risk that Ulster Bank will exit Ireland next year and you will have to close the account and set up another account elsewhere.

JTMan wrote: »
    Setting up a savings account with Ulster Bank at the moment runs the risk that Ulster Bank will exit Ireland next year and you will have to close the account and set up another account elsewhere.

oh I didn't know that was a possibility. my other options are Danske bank, ebs and permanent tsb.

oh I didn't know that was a possibility. my other options are Danske bank, ebs and permanent tsb.

It is definitely a possibility.

Dankse Bank left Ireland several years ago.

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    It is definitely a possibility.

Dankse Bank left Ireland several years ago.

Really? I looked earlier, looked like there was a branch in Dublin.

Really? I looked earlier, looked like there was a branch in Dublin.

Dankse Bank have no retail banking presence here.

Advertisement