Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cex

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

skerry wrote: »
    Did you have to print any labels or anything or did an post give you one? I'm considering sending my PS4 Pro in this way but no access to a printer for labels if needed
    If you can send it registered and insured, do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did you have to print any labels or anything or did an post give you one? I'm considering sending my PS4 Pro in this way but no access to a printer for labels if needed

Nope, an post guy arrived to the door with a label for me to stick on. He was in a rush and suggested i put it in the postbox when i had it stuck on so I'd say have the box by your door with some tape handy so you can do it there and then and hand it over. You'd want some good packaging for the PS4 to protect it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nope, an post guy arrived to the door with a label for me to stick on. He was in a rush and suggested i put it in the postbox when i had it stuck on so I'd say have the box by your door with some tape handy so you can do it there and then and hand it over. You'd want some good packaging for the PS4 to protect it though.

Sound. I have the original box cos I'm a box hoarder so will use that and wrap it in something that doesn't make it look like a PlayStation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Sound. I have the original box cos I'm a box hoarder so will use that and wrap it in something that doesn't make it look like a PlayStation.

You could put it in a Series X box. :)
    Serious padding with that too ! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I sold a game to Cex last Thursday, 18th Feb, printed the label and handed it in to my post office 11am. Reached Dublin 11 Sorting office Friday night. No updates from An Post or CEX but just got an email from CEX with my voucher so working days turnaround if anyone was interested. With the extended lockdown, might be sending more stuff to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

It's mad sold cex a phone shiped the 5th, lost and investigation started found and cash arrived on 22nd, shipped games yesterday voucher today. Backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Sold my ps4, 16 games and extra controller to them, postman picked it up last Friday, money paid to PayPal today. Didn't put anything on the box other than my order number and email address, very happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

Sold my ps4, 16 games and extra controller to them, postman picked it up last Friday, money paid to PayPal today. Didn't put anything on the box other than my order number and email address, very happy with the service.

Out of curiosity did you insure the parcel or use the freepost option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Aokay wrote: »
    Out of curiosity did you insure the parcel or use the freepost option?

No insurance, literally wrote name, email address and the order number they gave me on the the outside of the box and the postman picked it up the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Does anyone know why the Galway store is the only store that doesn't offer 'Drop and Go'?

Post edited by Danick on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

i stopped going there 6 months ago some the staff were terrible .

I'd have to disagree in relation to staff - I have always found the staff in the Galway store sound to deal with. I'm just wondering why the Galway branch no longer offers the 'Drop and Go' service as it is really handy - especially during the current pandemic.

Left a controller in to CeX - I asked for a voucher but the guy said they would call when finished testing and I could tell them I want a voucher at that stage.

1. they texted to say it’s ready for collection - does that mean it failed? I hadn’t signed anything in store so I just got a receipt to say it was being tested

Advertisement