Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe covers

Options
  • 25-12-2020 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Was fortunate enough to receive some cycling gear this Xmas, including Castelli Deluvio shoe covers.

The thing is, knowing Castelli seems to fit super small for all their gear, I checked the sizing and the L/XL size is bang on according to their sizing chart. However getting them on is a real struggle, especially over the heel. Is this normal? I am guessing it should be a bit like the experience of putting on a wetsuit, but even when over the shoe and zipped up they look like they are about to burst off!

This is my first pair, and I’m conscious I’m using more MTB style shoes (old pair from spinning class, now used for gravel cycling, so they have jagged grip a which protrude as much as the cleats.

Any advice? Should they be quick on and off? I doubt I want them flapping about oversized. Are they made with slimline road cycle shoes in mind only?

Can upload a photo if easier - TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

DavisBXL wrote: »
    Was fortunate enough to receive some cycling gear this Xmas, including Castelli Deluvio shoe covers.

The thing is, knowing Castelli seems to fit super small for all their gear, I checked the sizing and the L/XL size is bang on according to their sizing chart. However getting them on is a real struggle, especially over the heel. Is this normal? I am guessing it should be a bit like the experience of putting on a wetsuit, but even when over the shoe and zipped up they look like they are about to burst off!

This is my first pair, and I’m conscious I’m using more MTB style shoes (old pair from spinning class, now used for gravel cycling, so they have jagged grip a which protrude as much as the cleats.

Any advice? Should they be quick on and off? I doubt I want them flapping about oversized. Are they made with slimline road cycle shoes in mind only?

Can upload a photo if easier - TIA!

Have they a zipper at the back?
    If not the trick is to put them on your leg first.
    Now here’s the trick.
    Put your leg through the ankle cuff and out through the cleat cutout(Not the heel cut out!!)
    Put on shoe - pull cover down over heel then over toes.
    This is my experience anyway.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DavisBXL

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Have they a zipper at the back?
    If not the trick is to put them on your leg first.
    Now here’s the trick.
    Put your leg through the ankle cuff and out through the cleat cutout(Not the heel cut out!!)
    Put on shoe - pull cover down over heel then over toes.
    This is my experience anyway.
    Marty.

Thanks for the advice. They do have a zipper. Have tried multiple times but settled for returning. Just not sure I trust the size up to be proportionate. Can’t understand why their sizing is so ridiculous across the whole range!

Advertisement