Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my GPU borked ?

Options
  • 25-12-2020 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭

Put together an entry level machine for a relative (6th gen i5, RX 590). Long story short xmas day was ruined because it had an issue on the day. I reckon it probably took a shock / impact in the post.

Worked great for me for the full week I had it and was installing / playing games on it.

First bootup after shipping, 2 sets of vertical coloured lines on both sides of the screen (including in BIOS screen). When it gets to windows it goes straight to automatic repair and does nothing else except loop through that

Gut says its either the GPU or Ram ? So two questions :

1. Any ideas on what could be wrong ? I have asked them to box it up and post back to me.

2. If I have to get a GPU thats as good as or slightly better than the 590.. anyone got anything suitable for sale or know of any bargains knocking about ?

Trying to get this kid back up and running asap. Not my fault but still feel terrible about his xmas morning being ruined and want to sort him out quick.

Comments

Advertisement