Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

They have started closing the overflow Nightinggale hospitals in London.

Not to mention you would think that hospitals overcrowded with the sick were something new and unknown.

Holohan and Harris have lied from the start. Why should anybody believe them?

Remember Harris saying that pubs wouldn't re open until a vaccine was found. At the time projections were for 3 to 4 years for one to be found. And Harris attitude was well, what can you do, that's life. This lunatic was asking us to take it on the chin to cancel our social lives for the next 3 to 5 years.

they haven't been closed down, they don't have the staff to run them and is part of the political façade in the UK.... build hospital that can't be staffed, show hospital is not needed, give impression all is under control

London hospitals were closed to only essential A&E cases twice over the weekend with surrounding county hospitals taking overflow.... Southampton and Portsmouth which are close to 2 hours drive away being 2 such hospitals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Some amount of "It's just the flu!" nonsense on here still. That and outright conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Well she was wrong so.

It says a lot when our own Minister sees schools as childminding. Very wrong, but typical of the approach to education in this pandemic. 40% cut to ppe/cleaning budget for term two. yet a new more virulent strain 50% more infectious at least to children along with inconsistent testing and identification of close contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

arccosh wrote: »
    I think you need to look over the symptoms of long COVID.... if you think that's all it is

Are they still claiming mental retardation, loss of male fertility and the speeding up of the menopause ?

I've lost count of where the daily Long Covid scare story is today. Long Covid isnt even a term I heard used until about 6 weeks ago. Much like the new super strain that Boris thought might make the plebs behave at Christmas I'd take it with a large pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Some amount of "It's just the flu!" nonsense on here still. That and outright conspiracy theories.

Too many people listening to clowns like Ivor Cummins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭Glebee

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Is the primary responsibility of parents not to mind their children?

You would think so.

Holohan and Harris have lied from the start. Why should anybody believe them?

Remember Harris saying that pubs wouldn't re open until a vaccine was found. At the time projections were for 3 to 4 years for one to be found. And Harris attitude was well, what can you do, that's life. This lunatic was asking us to take it on the chin to cancel our social lives for the next 3 to 5 years.

No - what Harris said was that pubs couldn't reopen fully as normal until a vaccine was rolled out.

"So I can't see how people can be in packed pubs again as long as this virus is still with us and we don't have a vaccine or an effective treatment.”

He talked of limiting numbers in pubs and having restrictions - this is what has been happening.

Where's the lie?
    What are Holohan's lies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

tom1ie wrote: »
    Th
    Fact is uk hospitals are now overwhelmed and people who don’t have covid will be affected if they have an accident due to no service being available.
    That’s what will happen here.

People who dont have Covid were already effected long ago.

We haven't seen excess deaths yet. The excess deaths will be seen next year when the results of the delayed cancer treatments start dying.

I'm going to guess a lot of posters here are of the "playing a blinder" variety as FG bumbled through this last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

boombang wrote: »
    Clearly a lack of evidence from Ireland doesn't mean Irish gyms are safe.

Where did I say so?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

they haven't been closed down, they don't have the staff to run them and is part of the political façade in the UK.... build hospital that can't be staffed, show hospital is not needed, give impression all is under control

London hospitals were closed to only essential A&E cases twice over the weekend with surrounding county hospitals taking overflow.... Southampton and Portsmouth which are close to 2 hours drive away being 2 such hospitals

Typical of the Gallipoli/Dunkirk/Crimea planning and execution that the British have shown time and time again when faced with crises.

For a nation so incompetent at strategic planning, I always wonder how they did manage to rule half the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Are they still claiming mental retardation, loss of male fertility and the speeding up of the menopause ?

I've lost count of where the daily Long Covid scare story is today. Long Covid isnt even a term I heard used until about 6 weeks ago. Much like the new super strain that Boris thought might make the plebs behave at Christmas I'd take it with a large pinch of salt.

The term hs been around for quite a few months in relation to heart and lung issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Got a citation for that? I've no doubt it is their actual policy to keep pubs closed until everyone has been jabbed, but don't remember anyone official actually stating so..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Why close the gyms?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Phil.x wrote: »
    Why close the gyms?

I heard it's because Holohan doesn't like abs.

if you read tabloid newpapers, social media and clickbait articles, then yes....

If you look into actual medical research, there are studies going on showing that long COVID is similar to PICS (post intensive care syndrome) but is still occurring in patients with minimal hospital intervention ... i.e. you're getting PICS like symptoms even though you might not have made it to ICU....

but hey, what do I know, all these people who have spent their life studying medicine, who are actively researching this and getting their work peer reviewed by independent sources around the world must be talking bull****

Why close the gyms?

Because they are completely non essential and any place where people can congregate has potential to cause covid outbreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Because they are completely non essential and any place where people can congregate has potential to cause covid outbreaks.

I always found it strange that gyms were allowed open.

People exhaling more forcefully than usual on treadmills or pumping weights, sweating pouring off them, being in contact with equipment before moving on to another piece of apparatus, sharing seats, weights, treadmills, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭combat14

Luke Letlow, US congressman-elect, dies of Covid aged 41

Louisiana Republican had no underlying conditions that put him at added risk, doctors say

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/30/luke-letlow-us-congressman-elect-dies-of-covid-aged-41

Fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

if you read tabloid newpapers, social media and clickbait articles, then yes....

If you look into actual medical research, there are studies going on showing that long COVID is similar to PICS (post intensive care syndrome) but is still occurring in patients with minimal hospital intervention ... i.e. you're getting PICS like symptoms even though you might not have made it to ICU....

but hey, what do I know, all these people who have spent their life studying medicine, who are actively researching this and getting their work peer reviewed by independent sources around the world must be talking bull****

Post viral fatigue syndrome has been around for years. Most winters we'd get a puff piece in the IT or Indo about how debilitating the flu can be and how fit young people take months to get over it.

• Advertisement

mattser wrote: »
    Lots of public parks out there. Fresh air, no problem distancing, and they're free of charge. Bring your own mirror so you can admire yourself.

So you've never stepped foot inside one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

. Long Covid isnt even a term I heard used until about 6 weeks ago. Much like the new super strain that Boris thought might make the plebs behave at Christmas I'd take it with a large pinch of salt.
    The term has been around for over 7 months. If you only heard it 6 weeks ago, then personally I'd be disinclined to trust your "knowledge" of anything covid related.

123654789 wrote: »
    The term has been around for over 7 months. If you only heard it 6 weeks ago, then personally I'd be disinclined to trust your "knowledge" of anything covid related.

To be fair to that poster, it may not get mentioned all that often on Infowars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

NIMAN wrote: »
    I always found it strange that gyms were allowed open.

People exhaling more forcefully than usual on treadmills or pumping weights, sweating pouring off them, being in contact with equipment before moving on to another piece of apparatus, sharing seats, weights, treadmills, etc

Have you actually been in a gym since March to see the new hygiene standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭mattser

So you've never stepped foot inside one then.

I don't recall saing that.

Post viral fatigue syndrome has been around for years. Most winters we'd get a puff piece in the IT or Indo about how debilitating the flu can be and how fit young people take months to get over it.

PVF and PICS are very different things....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Fake

? What’s fake?

his gains are fake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

combat14 wrote: »
    Luke Letlow, US congressman-elect, dies of Covid aged 41

Louisiana Republican had no underlying conditions that put him at added risk, doctors say

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/30/luke-letlow-us-congressman-elect-dies-of-covid-aged-41

A nobody from an Irish point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's tougher running in January outside with the Cold weather. The gym will be missed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement