Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

arccosh wrote: »
    if you read tabloid newpapers, social media and clickbait articles, then yes....

If you look into actual medical research, there are studies going on showing that long COVID is similar to PICS (post intensive care syndrome) but is still occurring in patients with minimal hospital intervention ... i.e. you're getting PICS like symptoms even though you might not have made it to ICU....

but hey, what do I know, all these people who have spent their life studying medicine, who are actively researching this and getting their work peer reviewed by independent sources around the world must be talking bull****

What gibberish. My wife's, sister's uncle in law's plumber's gardener saw a post on Facebook clearly showing its all about government control to reset the world. Wake up sheeple!*

*Warning, may contain soylent green!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Post viral fatigue syndrome has been around for years. Most winters we'd get a puff piece in the IT or Indo about how debilitating the flu can be and how fit young people take months to get over it.

I guess lying to yourself and ignoring the facts makes all of this less frightening for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Have you actually been in a gym since March to see the new hygiene standards?

They can set standards all they want but unless people comply , standards are not going to solve the issue unfortunately.

I've seen people give the most cursory of wipes with a towel to a machine dripping with sweat after they used it. Even though there are signs all over the gym instructing people to use disinfectant and wipes on every piece of equipment before and after use.

Unless the gym has staff standing there to watch people and make sure they disinfect, you're not going to get everyone doing it.

Twas opening restaurants in December created the latest problem.... Restaurants were all jammed full for the 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Augeo wrote: »
    Twas opening restaurants in December created the latest problem.... Restaurants were all jammed full for the 3 weeks.

How can they be jammed full, when they had restrictions on numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hope all those d1ckheads having house parties and street drinking in the city centre are happy. They have helped ruin everything from the rest of us.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Hope all those d1ckheads having house parties and street drinking in the city centre are happy. They have helped ruin everything from the rest of us.

They won't care and will do the same tomorrow night.

No punishment makes any restrictions completely irrelevant for a huge chunk of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    Virus is transmitted through the air . Wiping down the bench properly wont stop you getting covid if the virus is circulating in the building. People "complying" to 2m distance and disinfecting machines wont do much in the scheme of things

Yeah but the virus is not just airborne and stays on surfaces longer than air. Hence all the advice on handwashing and not touching your face - and properly wiping down machines.

From The Lancet
    wrote:
    Respiratory viruses are transmitted in three main ways. First, contact transmission, where someone comes into direct contact with an infected person or touches a surface that has been contaminated. Second, through droplet transmission of both large and small respiratory droplets that contain the virus, which would occur when near an infected person. Third, through airborne transmission of smaller droplets and particles that are suspended in the air over longer distances and time than droplet transmission.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

They won't care and will do the same tomorrow night.

No punishment makes any restrictions completely irrelevant for a huge chunk of the population.

If these morons continue to ignore the regulations then stricter enforcement measures will have to be implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

mattser wrote: »
    I don't recall saing that.

Well how many times have you been in the last 9 months and when was your last visit?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

They probably are happy tbh.

• NPHET only want pubs closed. Holohan not once in months has went beyond tacit disapproval of foreign travel. He has repeatedly peddled the lie that only 2 percent of cases are from it. He has not conceded that with a ban on recreational travel we wouldn't have had a 2nd, 3rd of 4th wave. Or a 1st, at that. The man is a spoofer and then he wonders why the vast vast majority of the public no longer give a shiet what he and clowns like Harris have to say on things.

Hold Firm. Oh phuck off you pair of cretins. You would be hard pressed to find anyone under 60 who still believes this guff.

Translation:

I disagree with what he says and as a private citizen with no medical training I can tell you without hesitation he’s wrong! He’s wrong, because I said SO! Don’t listen to him, he might be a doctor but I’m an online poster!

• Hope all those d1ckheads having house parties and street drinking in the city centre are happy. They have helped ruin everything from the rest of us.

doubt they are affected one way or another, since god knows they’ll probably do what they’re doing regardless of what level we are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,827 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    People drinking on the street was a lot safer than pilling them into restaurants. Yet they were still vilified

Like people out in the open playing golf. Fierce criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Nermal

"If you promise not to exercise your freedoms, we'll give them back to you"

khalessi wrote: »

Many restaurants and gastropubs followed the regulations on numbers, time limits etc but a significant number flouted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

Was talking to a friend this morning who had been invited over to a mates place today. There'll be at least 10 lads there from 3 different counties, they'll be drinking from 3pm. Social distancing will be out the window after a few hours and they'll be staying overnight. These are all well educated lads in their 40s, they know better but it's something they do every year so they carry on the tradition.

Like people out in the open playing golf. Fierce criminals.

Not in any way comparable but then you already knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sitting in close quarters with multiple people in confined spaces while all your faces are uncovered for even a brief period of time is/was the problem with gastropub and restaurants.

The people on public transport pulling their masks off or down need fining or be thrown off bus Luas train etc etc

Any shops letting people in without masks need to be fined anyone having house parties need a caution and a court appearance.

khalessi wrote: »

They didn't have restrictions on numbers really. Max group size of 6 and 1m between tables. I strolled around Dublin city and you could clearly see there wasn't 1m between tables in loads of places, seats back to back when there was 1m and everywhere full.... Restaurants make fnck all money unless they are jammed so allowing them to open was foolish IMO.
    All restaurants were large indoor gatherings without masks.. Mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Many restaurants and gastropubs followed the regulations on numbers, time limits etc but a significant number flouted them.
    Augeo wrote: »
    They didn't have restrictions on numbers really. Max group size of 6 and 1m between tables. I strolled around Dublin city and you could clearly see there wasn't 1m between tables in loads of places, seats back to back when there was 1m and everywhere full.... Restaurants make fnck all money unless they are jammed so allowing them to open was foolish IMO.
    All restaurants were large indoor gatherings without masks.. Mental

That is such a pity, they are screwing it up for themselves and people who would like to go out safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

D.Q wrote: »
    worth it

I should have done it more when I had the chance.

D.Q wrote: »
    worth it

Really? I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭PommieBast

At this stage I am unsure whether to be angry or envious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

How many flouted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

What's really disappointing is people went to them in the first place.

The amount of people that abdicate personal responsibility because the goverment allowed certain activities throughout this pandemic has been a real eye opener. Its evident to anyone with an education and some basic critical thinking skills that these environments wernt safe.

Ronan glynn said in reation to hospitality and households 'just because you can doesnt mean you should'.

This was ignored by many a gob****e and we went from the best country in Europe to the one with the fastest growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Story in the Irish times about a group of ppl from dublin who wrecked a house in Laois a few weeks ago having a “rave” - plenty drugs and plenty drink and eff all social distancing by the sounds of it.

They caused tens of thousands of damage to the rented house.

The journalist is saying the same group of ppl are advertising a New Year’s Eve party on forums now

Crazy.

Story in the Irish times about a group of ppl from dublin who wrecked a house in Laois a few weeks ago having a “rave” - plenty drugs and plenty drink and eff all social distancing by the sounds of it.

They caused tens of thousands of damage to the rented house.

The journalist is saying the same group of ppl are advertising a New Year’s Eve party on forums now

Crazy.

A Garda raid accompanied by a few whacks from batons and then followed by an automatic huge fine might knock some sense into these morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

What's really disappointing is people went to them in the first place.

The amount of people that abdicate personal responsibility because the goverment allowed certain activities throughout this pandemic has been a real eye opener. Its evident to anyone with an education and some basic critical thinking skills that these environments wernt safe.

Ronan glynn said in reation to hospitality and households 'just because you can doesnt mean you should'.

This was ignored by many a gob****e and we went from the best country in Europe to the one with the fastest growth.

I don’t think we went from best in Europe to one with the fastest growth on the back of 4 outbreaks in the last 4 weeks though really?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement