Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If these morons continue to ignore the regulations then stricter enforcement measures will have to be implemented.

How will that work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

How will that work?

Night curfews, regular gardai and army patrols/checkpoints on streets of the larger cities and towns, drone surveillance to name a few.

Night curfews, regular gardai and army patrols/checkpoints on streets of the larger cities and towns, drone surveillance to name a few.

May as well dream here as in bed. We have less than 15k Garda, i'd say well less factoring in long term sick leave, Covid leave, those assigned to desk duties etc.

What powers do the army have to enforce the law of the land??

Maybe we could just set up a rat line, and rename a section of AGS the Stasi Siochana and have them disappear anyone who gets ratted on??

Some people should watch The Lives of Others, they aren't far off the protagonists in that movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Drones made me laugh alright, there’s no way that’s happening.

May as well dream here as in bed. We have less than 15k Garda, i'd say well less factoring in long term sick leave, Covid leave, those assigned to desk duties etc.

What powers do the army have to enforce the law of the land??

Maybe we could just set up a rat line, and rename a section of AGS the Stasi Siochana and have them disappear anyone who gets ratted on??

Some people should watch The Lives of Others, they aren't far off the protagonists in that movie.

This ranting nonsense says a lot about you and your brigade`s anti authority agenda. Unfortunately it only takes a few bad apples to contaminate the whole barrel.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Drones made me laugh alright, there’s no way that’s happening.

You think not?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

I support the restrictions being applied currently, but if they went with your approach you would quickly see me out protesting too.

You think not?

Have we a crack squad of Gardai drone pilots hidden away somewhere?? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

By definition gyms are non-essential.

Jog, walk, swim, etc. You don't need a gym.

Gyms are essential to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

So are hairdressers for similar reasons for mental wellbeing but nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Restaurants are essential to a lot of people as well.

Have we a crack squad of Gardai drone pilots hidden away somewhere?? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Err........You do know what a drone is right?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Sure if that's the case then open up everything because i'm sure everyone can come up with the mental gymnastics as to why their favourite 100% completely non-essential thing should be open.

Err........You do know what a drone is right?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I do. Someone has to control them. Are the Gardai Crack Drone Pilot Squad black ops?? I've never heard of them before.

I do. Someone has to control them. Are the Gardai Crack Drone Pilot Squad black ops?? I've never heard of them before.

Who apart from yourself mentioned the Gardai in relation to operation of drones?

Who apart from yourself mentioned the Gardai in relation to operation of drones?

Ah so this would be members of the public flying drones willy nilly in this fantasy of yours?? Of would you have the lads in bunkers in Vegas flying them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

The lockdown is coming lads, stay safe and see you on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

Maybe we could just microchip people and when they go outside their door if they stray away from their stated allowed business it pings your location and the armed forces can come along and throw you in solitary confinement for 24 hours?

Ah so this would be members of the public flying drones willy nilly in this fantasy of yours?? Of would you have the lads in bunkers in Vegas flying them??

No less likely than most of the nonsense you and your cohort come out with. Anyway this is getting off topic. Be sure to wear your mask, keep your distance from others and observe the stricter restriction regulations that will be announced shortly. Happy New Year old bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

eggy81 wrote: »
    Maybe we could just microchip people and when they go outside their door if they stray away from their stated allowed business it pings your location and the armed forces can come along and throw you in solitary confinement for 24 hours?

I'd rather set up two special economic zones in Ireland.

One "common sense" zone where people are free to earn an honest living and live their lives with normal freedoms.

One "lockdown" zone for NPHET, hypochondriacs, curtain twitchers and lockdown fetishists. The lockdown zone will have to exist without subsidy from the common sense zone, and they can enjoy their bunkers until their money runs out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

GazzaL wrote: »

One "common sense" zone where people are free to earn an honest living and live their lives with normal freedoms.

One "lockdown" zone for NPHET, hypochondriacs, curtain twitchers and lockdown fetishists. The lockdown zone will have to exist without subsidy from the common sense zone, and they can enjoy their bunkers until their money runs out.

Which zone will we put all the elderly people and people with underlying health issues in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭PommieBast

eggy81 wrote: »
    Wonder how much I can sell the cracked firmware for on E-Bay. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Which zone will we put all the elderly people and people with underlying health issues in?

They're free to choose. I'm not a fascist.

No less likely than most of the nonsense you and your cohort come out with..
    I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Which zone would you put your own grandparents in ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Which zone would you put your own grandparents in ?

The 2nd one no doubt. Sure after all they would be beyond their "economic usefulness" wouldn`t they.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

khalessi wrote: »
    WOnt happen schools will reopen by hook or by crook and with a 40% decrease in cleaning budget.

As I said schools to remain closed until Easter.

Piehead wrote: »
    As I said schools to remain closed until Easter.

Don`t know if it will be that long but I don`t think they will reopen anytime before the start of February anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Newstalk reporting that in Henry st the market stalls were selling disco balls for house parties

Ffs like. Says it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sure if that's the case then open up everything because i'm sure everyone can come up with the mental gymnastics as to why their favourite 100% completely non-essential thing should be open.

Gyms in my experience are hotbeds of infection and contamination. Don’t get why ppl are ignoring that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement