Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Mehole appears to be blaming this on the new strain? Absolute and total Boll***, that strain was only picked up in the past 2 weeks. This surge cases is down to relaxation of previous restrictions, Shopping Frenzy over the past 3 weeks.

Governments around the world seem to think vaccine role out is going to sort this out, at this rate they won't be able to vaccinate quick enough to keep up with case numbers.

Lockdown welcome but far to late and needed because of short term greed over the past 3 weeks. They we're warned and ignored the advice given.

Absolutely scared ****less of telling the voting public that they are to blame for the current soaring figures.

This new variant only really lit a fire under their arses after they discovered it was definitely in the country now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Harris is a pain in the hole, all over the airways but when he was a shambles as health minister he was nowhere to be seen.

Couldn't agree more, a complete tool who's incompetence actually led to last general election. It's cringe enducing watching this buffon issue statements on matters he's no longer responsible for. Not at all sure what he's minister for.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Absolutely scared ****less of telling the voting public that they are to blame for the current soaring figures.

This new variant only really lit a fire under their arses after they discovered it was definitely in the country now.

Absolutely disgraceful this passing of the Buck, they are quick enough to attack NPHET (Of course via sneaky tweets) This governments ineptitude and mixed messing is just appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,532 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think the usual Xmas free for all has a lot to answer for in these new figures.

Unfortunately capitalism and money was more important than public health. They had to know that the figures were going to rocket once everyone went mad shopping for all of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

When do restrictions kick in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,717 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Do Gardaí have drones?

If they do, what will the drone do after it has spotted someone and deemed they are outside for a non essential purpose? Shoot them with paintballs?
    It's mad they are not widely used by the gardai....sure blooming fisheries officers have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Harris is a pain in the hole, all over the airways but when he was a shambles as health minister he was nowhere to be seen.

Harris is an expert in one thing and that’s self promotion

TheDriver wrote: »
    Varies
    Midnight tonight for household visits,
    Gyms non essential retail at close of business tomorrow.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think the usual Xmas free for all has a lot to answer for in these new figures.

Unfortunately capitalism and money was more important than public health. They had to know that the figures were going to rocket once everyone went mad shopping for all of December.

Exactly, it was glaringly obvious this was going to happen, they even admitted it but to blame the new strain is just outrageous.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Full details
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/

• Advertisement

Harris is an expert in one thing and that’s self promotion
    It's about all he is qualified in to be fair.
    He was studying French and journalism and dropped out of DIT

Tomorrow is going to be carnage in most towns and cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

gmisk wrote: »

He dropped out half way through first year

Both Him and that Clown Paul Reid (Head of pass the buck at HSE) caused me more anxiety with their contributions than any lockdown. Can't abide either of them

Stick to the guidelines maybe?
    And if you don't you can't give out about soaring numbers and "da gubbermint" need to do this and do that...
    Also to add to this....over 100 people a day with between 20-30 close contacts?! Madness

People are taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Why so?

The Off Licenses maybe, but sure that's Ireland for you

If people haven't adopted to online shopping 9 months into this (or got a younger relative to do it for them) then they need need to give their head a wobble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Agreed. All of the restrictions should really have come into effect at midnight tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Don't see this any different than pre Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I didn't hear anything about the dry pubs , they remain open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Allinall

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Both Him and that Clown Paul Reid (Head of pass the buck at HSE) caused me more anxiety with their contributions than any lockdown. Can't abide either of them

What did they say when you applied for their jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

Is construction included in this new level 5?noting has been said about it as far as I can see?

Burty330 wrote: »
    ...no they are already closed.

...no they are already closed.

They were open yesterday?

I think those are traditionally called "restaurants" and they'll probably go back to takeaway only.

I think those are traditionally called "restaurants" and they'll probably go back to takeaway only.

You think incorrectly.

No they weren't.
    Pubs serving food and restaurants have been closed since 3pm on the 24th...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They shouldn't have been, they were supposed to close at 3pm on Christmas Eve.

Allinall wrote: »
    What did they say when you applied for their jobs?

Way to over qualified and I showed to much emphaty and my ability to be coherent went against me unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

For takeaways only. Otherwise all restaurants/gastropubs, cafes etc should have closed on Christmas Eve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement