Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Nearly three and a half thousand cases today and still we'll have idiots partying, having friends over, going into work when they're not supplying an essential service, not washing their hands, keeping two metres apart and wearing masks.

Small example but I was out for a walk and encountered a jogger pounding determinedly down the pavement refusing to veer out onto the road for anyone. When I shook my head in annoyance as I stepped onto the road to avoid her she made a point of panting loudly as she ran past me.

As I said a small example but shows the mindset of the covidiots who just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Nearly three and a half thousand cases today and still we'll have idiots partying, having friends over, going into work when they're not supplying an essential service, not washing their hands, keeping two metres apart and wearing masks.

Small example but I was out for a walk and encountered a jogger pounding determinedly down the pavement refusing to veer out onto the road for anyone. When I shook my head in annoyance as I stepped onto the road to avoid her she made a point of panting loudly as she ran past me.

As I said a small example but shows the mindset of the covidiots who just don't get it.

Pure ignorance on their part. Just look at the next few weeks- virtually all offices will be back, as will construction, schools etc. This is not a lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

alentejo wrote: »
    At this stage, pubs and restaurants open in June.

If they (gov) are creative, they might consider opening cafes and eateries during the day without alcohol before opening up fully.

I really hope they ditch the 5k rule. That for me is my biggest issue with the restrictions.

There aren't many that take that 5km rule seriously.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

There aren't many that take that 5km rule seriously.

Lots of cyclists around me today (rural wicklow). Definitely not obeying the 5K rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Why should other people have to endanger themselves stepping out onto a road because you feel uncomfortable?

Surely it would be better if you stayed home if you're uncomfortable sharing a footpath with other members of the public?

As for her "panting loudly" as she passed - LOL, as the kids would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

KevMayo88 wrote: »
    Pure ignorance on their part. Just look at the next few weeks- virtually all offices will be back, as will construction, schools etc. This is not a lockdown.

Because schools and construction will remain open, everyone has an excuse to be out. This is the problem. No total lockdown, and not enforced. The first lockdown in March was a success because it was total. Keep the kids at home. Teach them to toughen up. This is a life or death emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

The self entitlement to think that someone should step into traffic to accommodate you. Why didn't you just stay at home and avoid bumping into anyone? We would only have to listen to your anecdotes of what you saw from behind your curtain

arctictree wrote: »
    Lots of cyclists around me today (rural wicklow). Definitely not obeying the 5K rule.

And you know that how?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Blut2 wrote: »
    So according to the government's original schedule we were due to have all those in nursing homes vaccinated by early January ( https://i.imgur.com/Jp16hSI.jpg ). But it seems the schedule has already slipped by 3 weeks, less than 2 weeks after it was announced...

"Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly said it is planned that all those working and living in Ireland's 580 nursing homes - around 70,000 people - will receive their first Covid-19 vaccine dose by the end of this month." -- https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0102/1187353-coronavirus-vaccine/

This is pretty horrendous going by the HSE/government. At this rate it'll be well into 2022 by the time our population is vaccinated.

On the 27th December they issued a list of nursing homes and vaccine dates, and it was mid/late January when the first jabs were going to be adminstored, so maybe get facts right before throwing around accusations that could frighten elderly/vulnerable people on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Diarmuid wrote: »
    And you know that how?

Maybe the poster lives 5km away from anyone else, so if random folk on bikes appear - the poster knows they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Ace2007 wrote: »
    On the 27th December they issued a list of nursing homes and vaccine dates, and it was mid/late January when the first jabs were going to be adminstored, so maybe get facts right before throwing around accusations that could frighten elderly/vulnerable people on here.

They should have allowed for the possibility of nursing home infections delaying the roll out of the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

If a person cycling breaches their 5km but doesn't attend a shop etc outside the 5km, they are not doing anything to spread the virus really. It's nonsense , there are much worse breaches of restrictions out there to moan about.

Maybe the poster lives 5km away from anyone else, so if random folk on bikes appear - the poster knows they are.

LOL. Pull the other one Average population density of Wicklow is 70people/km2. 5km from a point is a circle of 80km2 area, so on average 5600 people in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

What? I included a link to a chart of the original government schedule - it was well publicized when it came out. It quite clearly shows early January for nursing home residents all finished being vaccinated. But now they're "hopeful" for it happening by the end of January.

Its quite clearly the first, of many, substantial delays due to incompetence.

The original schedule only had us finishing the vaccination program by mid-December 2021. And if we're 3 weeks behind schedule already, theres not a hope of that happening. Its going to be well into 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

LOL. Pull the other one Average population density of Wicklow is 70people/km2. 5km from a point is a circle of 80km2 area, so on average 5600 people in that area.

There could be someone in a rural area, that's not how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What? I included a link to a chart of the original government schedule - it was well publicized when it came out. It quite clearly shows early January for nursing home residents all finished being vaccinated. But now they're "hopeful" for it happening by the end of January.

The original schedule only had us finishing the vaccination program by mid-December 2021. And if we're 3 weeks behind schedule already, theres not a hope of that happening. Its going to be well into 2022.

There is no dates on that chart and it say presumptions on amount vaccinated. Can't vaccinated the 2nd dose until after 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

And you know that how?

Because I'm at least 5k from the nearest town in all directions with very few houses in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Because schools and construction will remain open, everyone has an excuse to be out. This is the problem. No total lockdown, and not enforced. The first lockdown in March was a success because it was total. Keep the kids at home. Teach them to toughen up. This is a life or death emergency.

Its utter lockdown nonsense. Because "support services" to the construction industry can operate for example, its a catch-all term than means virtually any office/profession can use to stay open- e.g. "we sell biros to a building contractor, which they need to write with".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

And you know that how?

He knows it, because he observed it personally.
    Any further questions?

I have been following this carefully and never ever saw a date of early January being given for all nursing hone residents being vaccinated. Why are you scaremongering?

• Advertisement

Why should other people have to endanger themselves stepping out onto a road because you feel uncomfortable?

Surely it would be better if you stayed home if you're uncomfortable sharing a footpath with other members of the public?

As for her "panting loudly" as she passed - LOL, as the kids would say.

I am more than happy to step out into the road to give others space. But this jogger had already refused to move out of the way of several people and then panted across someone who showed their annoyance.

Your post doesn't indicate any awareness of the 2 metre requirement. That's worrying. Perhaps you should be the one to stay at home.

Also why do you want to sound like one of your kids when we're discussing a dangerous pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

I have been following this carefully and never ever saw a date of early January being given for all nursing hone residents being vaccinated. Why are you scaremongering?

Jp16hSI.jpg

What exactly is scaremongering to point out that we're already suffering significant delays in the vaccination schedule? Its entirely factual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

The footpath doesn't belong to you and I'm sure she really panted extra just to make a point

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

I am more than happy to step out into the road to give others space. But this jogger had already refused to move out of the way of several people and then panted across someone who showed their annoyance.

Your post doesn't indicate any awareness of the 2 metre requirement. That's worrying. Perhaps you should be the one to stay at home.

Also why do you want to sound like one of your kids when we're discussing a dangerous pandemic?

Ah give over, joggers passing you BRIEFLY while breathing a bit heavier than you is not going to give anyone COVID. It’s outdoors. Maybe you should wear a double mask outdoors just in case.

I run a lot and the amount of people walking in big groups while I’m forced to literally run alongside traffic is ridiculous. When I go for a walk and hear someone behind me on a bike or whatever, I MOVE OUT OF THR WAY as it’s courteous.

99nsr125 wrote: »
    The footpath doesn't belong to you and I'm sure she really panted extra just to make a point

It does not belong to her either. I tend to work on the premise that I step out onto the road every second time or so taking into account people with prams, lots of kids etc. This madam just ran in a straight line down the pavement getting our of nó ones way. Maybe that's OK in your universe but not in mine.

If you think most cyclists are obeying the 5km rule, you are very very naive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

never_mind wrote: »
    Ah give over, joggers passing you BRIEFLY while breathing a bit heavier than you is not going to give anyone COVID. It’s outdoors. Maybe you should wear a double mask outdoors just in case.

I run a lot and the amount of people walking in big groups while I’m forced to literally run alongside traffic is ridiculous. When I go for a walk and hear someone behind me on a bike or whatever, I MOVE OUT OF THR WAY as it’s courteous.

What evidence do you have to back that up?

What evidence do you have to back that up?

Is this a court case or Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

It does not belong to her either. I tend to work on the premise that I step out onto the road every second time or so taking into account people with prams, lots of kids etc. This madam just ran in a straight line down the pavement getting our of nó ones way. Maybe that's OK in your universe but not in mine.

Lol. A woman. Running in a straight line and had been for x amount of KM, should slow down for you and get out of your way but she shouldn’t expect you to do the same? FFS, lads! It’s like seeing people post videos of busy streets saying ‘oh my god, lockdown 3 looking, so busy’ when they are also literally on that street making it busier.

• Advertisement

never_mind wrote: »
    Lol. A woman. Running in a straight line and had been for x amount of KM, should slow down for you and get out of your way but she shouldn’t expect you to do the same? FFS, lads! It’s like seeing people post videos of busy streets saying ‘oh my god, lockdown 3 looking, so busy’ when they are also literally on that street making it busier.

Did you miss the bit where I said she wasn't getting out of the way of ANYONE?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement