Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Did you miss the bit where I said she wasn't getting out of the way of ANYONE?

People were probably ok with moving slightly to the left or right for a split second tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭greyday

Blut2 wrote: »
    Jp16hSI.jpg

What exactly is scaremongering to point out that we're already suffering significant delays in the vaccination schedule? Its entirely factual.

AS can be seen the rollout was based on projections rather than actual.
    It is obviously useless from the very beginning as vaccination jabs 3 weeks apart would result in all care home residents being vaccinated at the earliest by the 4th week of January as supply becomes available, they got enough to do 5000 (10,000 doses)vaccinations just before Christmas and will get 40,000 doses per week from the start of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I am more than happy to step out into the road to give others space. But this jogger had already refused to move out of the way of several people and then panted across someone who showed their annoyance.

Your post doesn't indicate any awareness of the 2 metre requirement. That's worrying. Perhaps you should be the one to stay at home.

Also why do you want to sound like one of your kids when we're discussing a dangerous pandemic?

Ironically you were in more danger of being knocked down by a vehicle when you steped into the road than you ever were from a 'loudly panting' jogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

99nsr125 wrote: »
    I'm sure she really panted extra just to make a point

I'm sure she did too and I think it's the height of ignorance. Puffing and panting at someone in the middle of a coronavirus pandemic just to make a stupid point? Jesus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

never_mind wrote: »
    People were probably ok with moving slightly to the left or right for a split second tbf

They were moving out onto the road to get away from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Jaysus, we’re back to last April levels of blaming people out for a jog as being a big driver of Covid spreading! Seems we’ve learned nothing about the major conduits for this disease I.e. indoor social events such as those that have elevated this country from Europe’s best performer to one of the worst Basically within the 12 days of Christmas.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

No one's saying they're big drivers. But this individual, who is not a representative of all joggers., was an example I encountered today of people who still refuse to change or modify their behaviour despite the escalating figures. Likewise people who continue to party, travel to non essential work, go on holidays etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Jaysus, we’re back to last April levels of blaming people out for a jog as being a big driver of Covid spreading! Seems we’ve learned nothing about the major conduits for this disease I.e. indoor social events such as those that have elevated this country from Europe’s best performer to one of the worst Basically within the 12 days of Christmas.

I didn’t think we’d get back to it but here we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

No one's saying they're big drivers. But this individual, who is not a representative of all joggers., was an example I encountered today of people who still refuse to change or modify their behaviour despite the escalating figures. Likewise people who continue to party, travel to non essential work, go on holidays etc etc etc

She has every right to go out for a run provided she was on her own. If you don't want to meet other people or joggers when your out then stay at home.

The drivers are house parties, xmas meet ups, people letting their guard down. I dont know the world wide figures for people getting covid from a jogger but I imagine it is extremely low.

So people should jog out on the road with cars because the figures have gone up?

Yeah - sounds much safer and will really lead to a reduction in deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

So people should jog out on the road with cars because the figures have gone up?

Yeah - sounds much safer and will really lead to a reduction in deaths.

Especially so if they are forced off the road by a convoy of cars following Michael D isn`t that right pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

AdrianII wrote: »
    She has every right to go out for a run provided she was on her own. If you don't want to meet other people or joggers when your out then stay at home.

The drivers are house parties, xmas meet ups, people letting their guard down. I dont know the world wide figures for people getting covid from a jogger but I imagine it is extremely low.

If coronavirus was transmitted by walking/running passed someone on a footpath, the numbers would be up in the tens of thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

If only you'd tweeted your local T.D back in April and advised them of these superspreader joggers...! We wouldn't be in the situation we're in now!
    What happened to Civic responsibility in early prevention of Covid by joggers!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

Jp16hSI.jpg

What exactly is scaremongering to point out that we're already suffering significant delays in the vaccination schedule? Its entirely factual.

Your chart seems to be a calculation from a journalist assuming a certain rate of vaccination. The HSE schedule shows Nursing Home vaccinations being completed by the end of February
    The chart shows all Frontline Healthcare workers being vaccinated in a week despite there being 3 weeks between 2 jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I think a lot of you are missing the point here.

It's not about the jogging.

Its all about her attitude :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    If a person cycling breaches their 5km but doesn't attend a shop etc outside the 5km, they are not doing anything to spread the virus really. It's nonsense , there are much worse breaches of restrictions out there to moan about.

Ahhh, the old Oirish logic rears its head.

"Sure someone else is worse than me, so I'm alright".

Pathetic attitude to take through life imo.

You keep throwing up ridiculous excuses for why Israel in particular are doing far better than Ireland. But its not just Israel. And we're a small, rich, European country. People are dying every day from this disease, and lives are being ruined from the lockdown. We have both the means, and the motivation, to be one of the fastest nations on the planet to vaccinate our population.

But instead our government plan will have us one of the slowest developed countries in the world to finish our vaccination plan. How is this not the very definition of incompetence and failure? Irish citizens will literally lose their lives, and livelihoods, due to the government failing to be more competent.

They are factual differences, that the most basic piece of research would have told you.

What are these "means and motivation" that we have over other countries exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

It does not belong to her either. I tend to work on the premise that I step out onto the road every second time or so taking into account people with prams, lots of kids etc. This madam just ran in a straight line down the pavement getting our of nó ones way. Maybe that's OK in your universe but not in mine.

Why did u get out of the way?

- a vaccination program with an aim to vaccinate the population by mid-December 2021. 10 months behind Israel, and 6+ months behind many other countries.

It's been pointed out about a billion times already that those are the dates if we continue to have a single, complicated vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Blut2

GreeBo wrote: »
    They are factual differences, that the most basic piece of research would have told you.

What are these "means and motivation" that we have over other countries exactly?

We're one of the richest countries on the planet. With a small population, in a small geographic area, and a well developed infrastructure network. And with the 7th largest pharmaceutical sector of any country on the planet (the #1 largest per capita). Those are the means.

Hundreds of our citizens are being hospitalized or dying every day from corona, and tens of thousands are having their lives and livelihoods ruined by lockdowns. Every day that our vaccination program isn't finished is hurting the country grievously. Theres the motivation.

Theres absolutely no excuse for us to have one of the slowest vaccination programs in the developed world, other than government incompetency. We should be close to the top of the table given our advantages as a country.

• Advertisement

123654789 wrote: »
    I think a lot of you are missing the point here.

It's not about the jogging.

Its all about her attitude :rolleyes:

And her loud panting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

We're one of the richest countries on the planet. With a small population, in a small geographic area, and a well developed infrastructure network. And with the 7th largest pharmaceutical sector of any country on the planet (the #1 largest per capita). Those are the means.

Hundreds of our citizens are being hospitalized or dying every day from corona, and tens of thousands are having their lives and livelihoods ruined by lockdowns. Every day that our vaccination program isn't finished is hurting the country grievously. Theres the motivation.

Theres absolutely no excuse for us to have one of the slowest vaccination programs in the developed world, other than government incompetency. We should be close to the top of the table given our advantages as a country.

And to add to this because defenders keep ignoring, it we could have bought extra doses of vaccine even though it's against the EU agreement, how do we know this, because Germany has done exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭greyday

How do you propose we get extra supplies of the vaccines?
    The vaccination rollout is totally dependent on supplies and there is very little we can do to speed that up, if you want to blame someone then blame the EU who did not place the order with Pfizer until November while the USA placed their orders in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

It does not belong to her either. I tend to work on the premise that I step out onto the road every second time or so taking into account people with prams, lots of kids etc. This madam just ran in a straight line down the pavement getting our of nó ones way. Maybe that's OK in your universe but not in mine.

Then on other side of footpath maybe ?
    That wouldn't be so hard
    Or just stay at home, you wouldn't get offended having to share a public walkway then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

And her loud panting.

I like when the ladies pant loudly :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

greyday wrote: »
    How do you propose we get extra supplies of the vaccines?
    The vaccination rollout is totally dependent on supplies and there is very little we can do to speed that up, if you want to blame someone then blame the EU who did not place the order with Pfizer until November while the USA placed their orders in July.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

The Israelis achieved it. The difference is that Israel will move heaven and earth to secure the safety of her population. We'd prefer to pussyfoot around and wait for the EU to distribute a few thousand doses to us as and when they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What? I included a link to a chart of the original government schedule - it was well publicized when it came out. It quite clearly shows early January for nursing home residents all finished being vaccinated. But now they're "hopeful" for it happening by the end of January.

Its quite clearly the first, of many, substantial delays due to incompetence.

The original schedule only had us finishing the vaccination program by mid-December 2021. And if we're 3 weeks behind schedule already, theres not a hope of that happening. Its going to be well into 2022.

Yea and they came out on the 27th December with a full detailed breakdown for each nursing home when they will get the first Jab. Why do you refuse to acknowledge this and keep showing the "projected" chart.

46 Long wrote: »
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

The Israelis achieved it. The difference is that Israel will move heaven and earth to secure the safety of her population. We'd prefer to pussyfoot around and wait for the EU to distribute a few thousand doses to us as and when they see fit.

If it was left to individual countries to go out and get the vaccine's themselves - Ireland would probably be one of the last.

We are not a super power in the world.

Why do you think Irish People deserve to get the vaccine any quicker than other countries in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why do you think Irish People deserve to get the vaccine any quicker than other countries in the world?

Because it is in our best interests to do so. Any government worth a damn should put the interests of it's own citizens above all else.

• Advertisement

46 Long wrote: »
    Because it is in our best interests to do so. Any government worth a damn should put the interests of it's own citizens above all else.

Ok - the same citizens who won't do what they are being asked to do, the same citizens who when told to limit their contacts just go out and meet friends galore, the same citizens that have now led to over 3k cases a day?

Any citizen who cares about Ireland and it's people, should put the interests of the sick, elderly and the worn out hospital works above their own and cop the fcuk on and just stay at home.

But this is Ireland - let's blame the government, let's blame the EU, let's blame the HSE - let's blame everyone except take responsible for this mess.

I've seen a lot of posters say that Ireland should have done what NZ did for instances and shut the borders - I wonder would the same posters be in agreement with NZ - who won't have any vaccines until the second quarter of 2021 due to the vaccine deals they have signed....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement