Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

whens cabinet meeting again? Monday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

whens Irish cabinet meeting again? Monday?

Not scheduled until Tuesday although that could be brought forward if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ok - the same citizens who won't do what they are being asked to do, the same citizens who when told to limit their contacts just go out and meet friends galore, the same citizens that have now led to over 3k cases a day?

Any citizen who cares about Ireland and it's people, should put the interests of the sick, elderly and the worn out hospital works above their own and cop the fcuk on and just stay at home.

But this is Ireland - let's blame the government, let's blame the EU, let's blame the HSE - let's blame everyone except take responsible for this mess.

You seem to have a hard time differentiating between the actions of individual citizens vs the governments handling of the vaccine roll-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Did you miss the bit where I said she wasn't getting out of the way of ANYONE?

If something this small annoys you this much I'd hate to see something bad actually happen.

Personally I think the person who is facing oncoming traffic should go on the road as they can see what's coming. Not every second time, how's she supposed to know that it's her turn to go on the road because you went out last time hahahaha this place is gas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

GreeBo wrote: »
    So when you said "i certainly wouldn't hire you" you meant in the general sense? :rolleyes:

I meant if I was hiring someone, I wouldn't hire you because your line seems to be one of mediocre is good enough for us.
    wrote:
    No, I'm quick to base things on facts rather than your "Ireland are crap" hysteria.

So you want to hire the people that were deemed unsuitable previously?

I have never suggested Ireland is crap. They're your words. it sounds like you're not familiar the recruitment drive failings. It had nothing to do with unsuitable candidates
    wrote:
    The burnout comes from 24x7 in a small, lie density country like ours.

Evidence?

wrote:
    Yeah, it's the actual facts rather than the *draft* report you based your outrage on.

No, 7 days a week can still be sustainable, but not if it's 24 hours per day... Not terribly complicated to understand I would have thought?

Hahahahahahaha

I think you're are tipping yourself overboard, calm down lad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Blut2 wrote: »
    We're one of the richest countries on the planet. With a small population, in a small geographic area, and a well developed infrastructure network. And with the 7th largest pharmaceutical sector of any country on the planet (the #1 largest per capita). Those are the means.

So now you think we should have produced our own vaccine?

Btw it's interesting that you use our small population and small area yet refute that this is of benefit to Israel (a country one third of our area)

46 Long wrote: »
    Because it is in our best interests to do so. Any government worth a damn should put the interests of it's own citizens above all else.

Which by definition is the same as every country, so again, why & how do you propose we do it?

faceman wrote: »
    I meant if I was hiring someone, I wouldn't hire you because your line seems to be one of mediocre is good enough for us.

Yeah, a personal attack. Nice job cmod.
    I have never suggested Ireland is crap. They're your words. it sounds like you're not familiar the recruitment drive failings. It had nothing to do with unsuitable candidates
    Ok, so what are you suggesting?

Evidence?

You want me to provide evidence that burnout would come from having people work 24x7? Seriously?

Hahahahahahaha

I think you're are tipping yourself overboard, calm down lad!
    Yeah not really sure what point you were trying to make with a maniacal laugh?
    Perhaps you mean to reinforce your panto-like arguments?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

faceman and Greebo - I was going to threadban the pair of you. However I'm closing this thread as it's now no different from the main thread. Do not take your squabbling into any of the other threads or cards and/or bans will follow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement