Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another full lockdown looming? - mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Piehead wrote: »
    Schools need to stay closed until Easter at the earliest

Never going to happen.

Business as usual come January because the economy cannot afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Risteard81 wrote: »
    How are you thinking about others demanding that everyone face unlawful restrictions on their lives? You are the most selfish type of person there is. It is utterly abhorrent.
    it's selfish that someone behave in a way to proetct those vunerable, who knew.
    You've some selfish people who won't wear a mask ffs, even faking bs reasons they're the selfish ones and even limit their contacts ffs, all to be a fcuckin rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

We don’t have high case numbers though.

highest number today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Piehead wrote: »
    Schools need to stay closed until Easter at the earliest

WOnt happen schools will reopen by hook or by crook and with a 40% decrease in cleaning budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    highest number today

Our highest number is still extremely low, alongside miniscule hospitalisations and a tiny ICU number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    You've some selfish people who won't wear a mask ffs
    I will never wear a mask. It's not because I'm selfish - it's because I'm not completely braindead and realise that they are, at best, a placebo. I have no interest in wearing crap over my face to make others feel good about themselves as it has absolutely zero scientific merit. It's also an unlawful imposition on my rights and freedoms.

I will never wear a mask. It's not because I'm selfish - it's because I'm not completely braindead and realise that they are, at best, a placebo. I have no interest in wearing crap over my face to make others feel good about themselves as it has absolutely zero scientific merit. It's also an unlawful imposition on my rights and freedoms.

Ah Jaysus. Here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I read the post before noting the poster. I’ve never been less surprised...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Seriously, do you actually need to ask why it is that difficult?

Because even though someone may be high risk, there is still a need to interact outside their homes.

Not everyone has the type of work that can be done from home, (or employers that will allow it). They may have kids they need to take to school, or elderly parents they need to take care of. Then there are basic needs like shopping for groceries (not everywhere can get deliveries). That's just for starters.

Its not as simple as locking up the vulnerable at home behind closed doors, and if you truly believe it is, then you really haven't thought this through.

If they are unable to WFH then they can claim the pup I work with people who left back in March to claim the pup as they have vulnerable family members. Many vulnerable people are still limiting contacts.

I don't know of anyone in Dublin at least that cant get shopping delivered and that where the bulk of covid is. So it's simpler to close businesses and impose severe restrictions on the population then simply reccomend that elderly/vulnerable stay home which many are doing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,836 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Amazing that you can know so much more than doctors without going to medical school yourself.

You should probably open up your own university so others can learn from you given you're so perceptive and all knowing.

• Advertisement

Does that mean I don’t have to wear a seatbelt anymore? I also always thought that red lights were a nazi plot, so no need to follow them either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

why ebola?
    is it because ebola spreads highly and quickly and kills lots of people?
    so does covid 19 if not controlled.

The infection to fatality ratio is slightly different though isn't it?

Ebola has a 90% case fatality rate whereas covid19 is 0.23% link

The reason I chose Ebola is to highlight the disproportionality of the response. We're responding to covid like its a much deadlier threat than it is.

Wow. We’ve a tough guy here

o1s1n wrote: »
    Amazing that you can know so much more than doctors without going to medical school yourself.

You should probably open up your own university so others can learn from you given you're so perceptive and all knowing.
    There are very many doctors who state that masks are a load of crap, including Anne McCloskey in this very city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭mountain

You stick it to “the man”!

When things get back to normal you must inform the hospital staff there is no point wearing them to prevent infection too.

Master of the Universe

There are very many doctors who state that masks are a load of crap, including Anne McCloskey in this very city.

'Dr Anne McCloskey told a gathering in her home city earlier this month that she “received an email” from the General Medical Council (GMC) after she compared wearing face coverings to prevent the spread of Coronavirus to “using a sheep fence to keep out mosquitos”.

Fantastic doctor there, I see she's also retired.

Want to try another doctor?

khalessi wrote: »
    When things get back to normal you must inform the hospital staff there is no point wearing them to prevent infection too.
    A hospital environment is in no way comparable to shops; buses; out in the open, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

While you're there ask them why they didnt wear them to supermarkets.

GT89 wrote: »
    If they are unable to WFH then they can claim the pup I work with people who left back in March to claim the pup as they have vulnerable family members. Many vulnerable people are still limiting contacts.

I don't of anyone in Dublin at least that cant get shopping delivered and that where the bulk of covid is. So it's simpler to close businesses and impose severe restrictions on the population then simply reccomend that elderly/vulnerable stay home which many are doing anyway.

That is not true. Having a condition which makes you high risk is not grounds for claiming PUP, nor is having high risk relatives that you need to look after.

If you need to check the qualifying conditions for PUP they are HERE.

I live in Dublin and I can't get shopping delivered, I have been fully dependant on click and collect only since March. Which involves leaving the house.

You are clearly ill-informed.

• Advertisement

What points in Dr McCloskeys arguments did you feel refuted the worldwide expertly opinion on masks and which contradictory opinions did you assess in coming to your conclusions? I am sure I was not just as simple the fact the someone with Dr in their title had views which aligned without your own inherent biases, and gave you a fig leaf to cover the absolute nonsense you profess

'Dr Anne McCloskey told a gathering in her home city earlier this month that she “received an email” from the General Medical Council (GMC) after she compared wearing face coverings to prevent the spread of Coronavirus to “using a sheep fence to keep out mosquitos”.

Fantastic doctor there, I see she's also retired.

Want to try another doctor?
    As you well know most medical personnel are afraid to speak out - just look at what happened to Martin Feeley for daring to question the narrative of Dr. Death (Tony Holohan) himself.

A hospital environment is in no way comparable to shops; buses; out in the open, etc.

Oh do they not work on buses or in shops:rolleyes:

If you are antimask keep it in the mask thread

Master of the Universe

Can you explain to us how masks work in medical environments but somehow become useless in public?

Can you explain to us how masks work in medical environments but somehow become useless in public?

That would require some thought

They are there to maintain a sterile environment in operating theatres. Buses aren't a sterile environment. Do grow up and try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Oh do they not work on buses or in shops:rolleyes:

If you are antimask keep it in the mask thread

Why haven’t doctors/nurses/hca’s been wearing them in shops, cinemas, shopping centres, public transport for years now then???

As you well know most medical personnel are afraid to speak out - just look at what happened to Martin Feeley for daring to question the narrative of Dr. Death (Tony Holohan) himself.

Can anyone calculate the R0 of this type of post so I can decide whether to continue with this thread or not?

Master of the Universe

They are there to maintain a sterile environment in operating theatres. Buses aren't a sterile environment. Do grow up and try harder.

Can you explain to us how they help maintain a sterile environment in a hospital?

• Advertisement

You know we use them on the wards too, not a sterile environment, so go on tell us all, why they work in hospitals and not outside which is what yoou were asked. Avoidance is not an answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement