Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online January Sales??

Options
  • 26-12-2020 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

With offline sales banned where are the best online ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Try requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

OmegaGene wrote: »
    On the internet

I notice that M&S started theirs on the UK website yesterday but nothing on the Irish site which is a little frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Nothing from Dunnes yet. Or Next Ireland. Both of which I would usually shop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Currys have some good deals so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I usually rely a lot on Sales for clothes for the kids. Single income household so trying to save money.

• Advertisement

SusanC10 wrote: »
    I usually rely a lot on Sales for clothes for the kids. Single income household so trying to save money.

I don't know what age kids, but if they like sportswear, Lifestyle and JD both have online sales, and Schuh too for runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

It's annoying about Dunnes, M&S and Next as was keeping an eye out for these. Wondering now if they will defer to February on account of gov recommendations...but I cant see why they just wouldnt run online sales.....thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

dashdoll wrote: »
    It's annoying about Dunnes, M&S and Next as was keeping an eye out for these. Wondering now if they will defer to February on account of gov recommendations...but I cant see why they just wouldnt run online sales.....thoughts?

I'd imagine it would be a mess if you could buy sale items online with Dunnes but not instore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

dashdoll wrote: »

It is annoying. M&S and Dunnes would be my go to’s for the sales.
    I had a look at MS UK and there were some things I would like but with Brexit and the closing down of Parcel Motel, that’s not a runner either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Brown Thomas have their sale and its saying 'exclusively online'..does that mean things are more expensive in store?

As for M&S AFAIK we compete with UK shoppers for stock in a normal day so by having no sale here online and they have one there there won't be any decent stock left in a few days day ls let alone February...

• Advertisement

[QUOTE

As for M&S AFAIK we compete with UK shoppers for stock in a normal day so by having no sale here online and they have one there there won't be any decent stock left in a few days day ls let alone February...[/QUOTE]

Next always tell Irish customers they they have an Irish warehouse that "our" sale stock comes from, yet every sale time Next.co.uk starts first and by the time Next.ie starts there is very limited stock left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    An Post have the facility, customs checks are performed in UK (send to address) and they sent to Ireland.

except you'll be paying VAT in both UK and Ireland and an admin fee. Unless it's a retailer who is setup to send things to Ireland and charges IRL VAT only and declares it eg amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Marks have said they're deferring their January sale. Gutted they're not doing it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

TheDriver wrote: »
    except you'll be paying VAT in both UK and Ireland and an admin fee. Unless it's a retailer who is setup to send things to Ireland and charges IRL VAT only and declares it eg amazon
    You wont end up paying both UK and Irish VAT.
    you will pay Irish VAT only. Are you suggesting that 20% UK VAT and then 23% Irish VAT will be Charged on the same product?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭uli84

Nothing much these days, Boots for perfumes maybe, the rest of the sales in the UK only, Not sure what the deal with Dunnes is, maybe tomorrow (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Seemed to be a lot of people in Pennys for a shop that doesn't have a sale:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im not sure how many sales will be on as Covid rules require blocks and mortar shops not to have January sales. Im not sure if that extends to click and collect but there was mention of it somewhere.

I wouldnt be surprised if the non essential retail shops were ordered to close again within the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Posted this back in November and the links still bring you to a sale, just stick with the .ie sites as I'm not aware of any brexit implications as of yet.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115443030

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Peter File wrote: »
    you will pay Irish VAT only. Are you suggesting that 20% UK VAT and then 23% Irish VAT will be Charged on the same product?

That's exactly what will happen where retailers are not set up to charge a separate VAT rate for Irish costumers.
    You'll be charged UK VAT at checkout and then Irish VAT + admin charges when your item arrives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Peter File wrote: »

That's exactly what will happen. You then have to reclaim back the UK vat. It's important to now only purchase off companies that have an Irish vat registration. More details will become known over the next few days once people review the agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Now that UK retailers know where they stand with respect to exports to IRL, it will be interesting to see how many make provision on the VAT issue.

The days of it being worthwhile to get stuff sent via NI using Parcel Motel look to be over, which is a pity. Getting hit with double VAT and an admin fee is not going to make the NI Parcel Motel address viable I reckon.

As well as sometimes being a money saver on postage fees, it was often the only convenient way to get stuff from UK retailers who would not post directly to Ireland or stuff that simply was unavailable online here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Caranica wrote: »
    Marks have said they're deferring their January sale. Gutted they're not doing it online.

They doing one on the UK site...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Trevord wrote: »

The days of it being worthwhile to get stuff sent via NI using Parcel Motel look to be over, which is a pity. Getting hit with double VAT and an admin fee is not going to make the NI Parcel Motel address viable I reckon.

Parcel Motel are no longer offering an NI service as of 28th Dec, so it's not even an option nevermind being worthwhile or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They doing one on the UK site...

Yes, the Ireland and UK sites share stock so it basically means there's going to be feck all left online when they finally do a sale here

• Registered Users Posts: 82,778 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The Nike and Adidas sale is very good for anyone looking for clothes and trainers

Yes and last time I ordered from Adidas and Reebok (same company) they shipped from either Holland or Germany so hopefully no Brexit impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Currys have some good deals so far.

In the market for a dishwasher but any options I see on Currys are either greyed out or there is no Buy it Now button. Not sure if they are sold out of everything or the sale as advertised is not happening at all (at least on dishwashers anyway). Checked Harvey Norman too but not much of a sale, anywhere else good to try for a dishwasher?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Brown Thomas have their sale and its saying 'exclusively online'..does that mean things are more expensive in store?

As for M&S AFAIK we compete with UK shoppers for stock in a normal day so by having no sale here online and they have one there there won't be any decent stock left in a few days day ls let alone February...

I was in Brown Thomas Grafton St today, and half the shop is on sale. Same stuff and prices as advertised online for the few items I was looking at.
    muffler wrote: »
    Im not sure how many sales will be on as Covid rules require blocks and mortar shops not to have January sales. Im not sure if that extends to click and collect but there was mention of it somewhere.

I wouldnt be surprised if the non essential retail shops were ordered to close again within the next few days.

Was it not a recommendation rather than an enforceable law? Doubt you'd see the gardai going into shops to see whats on sale. Although I'd agree that non-essential retail will be shut down soon - BT was like a zoo today, worse than what you'd have had in a pub/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Parcel Motel are no longer offering an NI service as of 28th Dec, so it's not even an option nevermind being worthwhile or not!

Thank God I work for a company with a factory in Warrenpoint :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,778 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Muahahaha wrote: »
    In the market for a dishwasher but any options I see on Currys are either greyed out or there is no Buy it Now button. Not sure if they are sold out of everything or the sale as advertised is not happening at all (at least on dishwashers anyway). Checked Harvey Norman too but not much of a sale, anywhere else good to try for a dishwasher?

Power City or DID should be options, usually they are all within €10-€20 of each other for those type of items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Muahahaha wrote: »

https://www.armaghelectrical.com/

When we built new house 10 years ago we got everything here.

Advertisement